Fan noise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele link said:
I was bloody relieved to see you blokes on Sunday because another half where I was and we were going to be torn apart by the surrounding hillbillies.
There were plenty of sad faces back at the Caxton playing with their banjos and sisters.

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Daring Eagle link=topic=180348.msg222938#msg222938 date=1242348808]
Hopefully keep the group together so they can sing loud and sing proud all season long.
I expect it to be louder at brookie this weekend and then we can try and get the boys over the line against the titans

The support at Brookie is never usually a problem and we are gathering a goodly group of regulars who communicate a fair bit prior to the away games now and we are getting some good numbers supporting the team away.

The numbers on the supporters bus from the Leagues Club are growing week by week with over 60 travelling on it to Newcastle the other week and a good group also making their own way and then meeting pre-game and getting together at the ground

Mark from Brisbane does a good job with the QLD trips (Townsville/Brissie and Skilled) in organising packages and being a hub for the comminication that is bringing all the disparate groups together for those trips.

There will be huge numbers travelling to the Gold Coast next weekend with a function organised on the Saturday night which will have of all people Arko in attendance!

Then on game day we are all meeting at the Robina Tavern (We went there last year and you'd have thought you were at the Leagues Club when the Eagles were at home as there were so many Manly fans there)

The club is doing packages for game tickets in the away supporters bay and the function which give a discount for match tickets and there is even a bus organised (Which I believe is now full) to get people from Surfers to the Tavern then to the game and then back to Surfers plus many others are making their own way along the same plans as above.

Aaron Markie the membership manager has done amazing things to support these initiatives and do what he can to help and is a passionate supporter and tireless worker for the club so credit to him and his colleagues Grace and Alesha

For the local away games....as most of us know each other and plans are made, sites such as this and MWSE help spread the word and all are welcome (many frienships have been formed by people meeting at the games courtesy of the forums)

So, don't worry...there will be massive support for the team next week mate and throughout the season!

Cheers
Vidmar

[/quote]

Cheers for that Vidmar, I was actually at the Broncos game and sat with you guys for the first time and loved every minute of it. I think I actually had a converstaion with you about the "No likes us and we don't care" shirts. Booked in for next weekends game against the Titans and staying at the Crowne Plaza so hopefully see you there 

Thanks for the accolades Vid.....if you want to know what's happening for away games get added to my e-mail data base, it is NOT used for me to promote anything other than Manly and perhaps State of Origin / Kangaroo tours etc BUT the main reason is to get fans together for away games. Same hotels, meeting points, pre game functions, post game functions get togethers are working REALLY well, why go to an away game and stay away from all the fans, sit somewhere where the fans are not and not be a part of all the things that happe.

After all we are ALL there for one common reason!!

I have met the most amazing amount of people since I started this 3 years ago and keep meeting more all the time For example Manly Backer was part of my Brisbane package last weekend and I sat next to him for the Test Match dinner we had.

The more we add to the list, the more people know what's happening...so add yourselves, invites your mates, it's free, no cost NADA!!!

[email protected]

Excellent stuff alround, just wish I was in position to go to Titans game, will be a brookie tomorrow though

Wheel you are REALLY missing something by not attending the Goldie game....don't know if you made the Sunnycorp game last Sunday either???

ALL Queensland supporters must make at least one trip to the holy grail each year PLUS all NSW based supporters should make at least one of the Queensland games each year.

It's all a part of being a supporter (well at least in my opinion!!!)

Daring Eagle - Look forward to a catch up on the weekend.

I've had a lot of renewed interest in the No one likes us shirts so am looking at doing another couple of runs in a few weeks time (after I've done the GC and a couple of trips are out of the way so I have more time)

Wheel, shame you can't be with us on these trips but that's what you get for celebrating the win with the missus on the night of the Grand Final - if only you had managed to get in to the after match function she would have never had let you near her if you'd been in the same state as the majority of people that night...are you still mad at the leagues club?

Hope all is going well?
Vidmar

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4