Fantastic another 3 years of that same rubbish half back – Orford to re-sign til

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
one eye, at 200k he is overpriced, and that is a 50% pay cut, I'd doubt he would drop even that much.

He couldn't mentor my poodle.  He has no idea for himself, let alone what others should do.  Get rid of him.

I guess you have to wonder what Des is thinking - he was happy to ship off Monas at the first opportunity but on the surface appears to accept Ox's mis adventures this season.

Time will tell

Ox's contract negotiations have been going for an age now. I believe he's asking for too much coin or too long a contract otherwise we would have signed him up long ago.

Both parties just can't see eye to eye and it seems that we're not entirely keen to keep Orford. The coaching staff know he's past his best. Word is floating around that they want to offer him a one year contract with an option in their favour.

I think he'll end up signing on for just the one year because he is running out of options.

LOL, I thought you had said all you were going to on Orford DSM ?

Seriously though, 3 years is too long, but remember what contracts are like these days. Hodkinson will get his shot, and if he lives up to the hype, then I could quite easily see Orford being allowed to explore his options in the Super League.
I am personally of the view, which I stated on the weekend, letting Orford depart with absolutely no experience at halfback at NRL level left at the club would be a huge mistake

The times I have watched Cherry Evans, he hasn't really convinced me he is the answer, but he may develop

At the end of the day, Hasler and Toovey are 2 former International Halfbacks, who should know far more than us about that area of the game, so I am willing to trust their view for now. Remember a couple of years back, supporters were up in arms when they decided that the future long term halfback, Aaron Groome, was sent on his way because they didn't think he had the ability. He is now playing 2nd division in England and they were spot on with their assessment

The hype over Hodkinson is unjustified in my opinion. Orford on his day is better than hodkinson.

Hodko gets the boys around the park without standing out, He is not a flashy half he does his job. I don't think we will gain anything from his kicking game, though I haven't seen him do a whole lot of attacking kicks, just general play kicks, that find the turf most times

Pittwater Legend link said:
Ox's contract negotiations have been going for an age now. I believe he's asking for too much coin or too long a contract otherwise we would have signed him up long ago.

Both parties just can't see eye to eye and it seems that we're not entirely keen to keep Orford. The coaching staff know he's past his best. Word is floating around that they want to offer him a one year contract with an option in their favour.

I think he'll end up signing on for just the one year because he is running out of options.

I don't dislike Ox, but 1 year with a one year option seems best.
This carrying of a mystery injury all year seems troubling, he was carrying a groin injury last year as well (?), but with Lyon there to take the pressure off he did ok, but this year ????? he didn't seem to perform at his best. Time to try out some newies.
The length of time for re-signing seems to suggest that neither party is happy with the others offerings - originally I thought is was because of outside sponsorship Ox was trying to work out - but it doesn't seem so now..

I got no idea what’s going on in Dessie's mind or what Orford's value is but one thing is for certain is that we have appeared in two grand finals one of which we have won and still are the current world club champions and have made it to the playoffs this year only to be eliminated.

It hasn't been that bad of a ride under Sorry if you consider his predecessor success - Peter Sharp or lack there of.

Until we have a better No.7 option than Orford I wouldn't be tinkering with the side as it might be another 10 years till we win another premiership if we do. Everyone's is entitled to their opinion.

DSM5 link said:
He couldn't mentor my poodle.  He has no idea for himself, let alone what others should do.  Get rid of him.

More importantly - you own a POODLE?
FaAAaaAaaAg !

I dont think we can win another title with orford at 1/2. but he still has a lot to offer.If i was Des i would play him at hooker he has all the skills plus some to go well there. Blood the young 1/2s next year while he is still here

A very savage poodle Ryan.  She has her own Manly gear and has had a piss on Brookie oval.  Take that. 

Ryan link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181730.msg241882#msg241882 date=1252900417]

More importantly - you own a POODLE?
FaAAaaAaaAg !
[/quote]

I would pay DSM's membership to the Sea Eagles just to get him over to the MWSE site. It would be absolute carnage!! He would last 5 minutes before he was banned.

Hahaha, it get's worse, the poodle gets dressed !!!

Do you put a lovely maroon bow on her when you put the Manly clothes on DSM ?

DSM5 link said:
Hodgkinson is not a kid Dan.  He's a better bet than Ox is.  Get him down now and into the squad to lean the scoresheet.  Ox, injured all year?  Selfish and stupid.     
Dan link said:
3 years is an absolute joke. Lets hope its just speculation.

That said after watching hodkinson run around he is definitely not ready and is off the pace a bit. That could be an equally stupid move and may ruin the kids future

Hodkinson is 21 years old. Old enough to get thrown in. Look at Robson, he didn't look good with his limited appearances fo Manly, but with the Eels he has held down the no7 spot and is playing very well. Better than orford.

Usually men with smaller dogs have more mongrel and less need of a big dog

Why do they need Orford to mentor the younger guys? We have to of the best Manly halves in Toovey & Hasler in our coaching ranks.

We could tie up a few of our youngsters.

tRue very true not so much as a mentor as a security policy in case the other guys are terrible

swoop link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181730.msg241715#msg241715 date=1252881931]
Hodgkinson is not a kid Dan.  He's a better bet than Ox is.  Get him down now and into the squad to lean the scoresheet.  Ox, injured all year?  Selfish and stupid.      
Dan link said:
3 years is an absolute joke. Lets hope its just speculation.

That said after watching hodkinson run around he is definitely not ready and is off the pace a bit. That could be an equally stupid move and may ruin the kids future

Hodkinson is 21 years old. Old enough to get thrown in. Look at Robson, he didn't look good with his limited appearances fo Manly, but with the Eels he has held down the no7 spot and is playing very well. Better than orford.
[/quote]

Bullsh*t. Robson does fcuk all. It's the Hayne and Mortimer show over there in attack.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2