Fark the Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They were outmuscled for most of the match. It was good to see. They made as many handling mistakes as we did. Just shows you, even the best can be bustled out of a match.
But what about the Christian Welsh concussion? Melbourne's trainer stops the match (with the Strawberry Milkshakes in an attacking position) because Welsh is concussed. Then, after giving the Storm a 1-2 minute rest the trainer declares Welsh is not concussed and is fit to continue playing which he does for another seven minutes. Then he gets hauled off by a doctor who tests him and, what do you know, he is concussed!
Surely the NRL must punish the Storm for this blatant sportsmanship.
Once a match is stopped due to a concussed player he must be taken off for assessment.
Any other club and there would have been a major nrl investigation, imagine if it were the Eagles ffs

It will certainly give the greater public an understanding of the Storms core values and reputation, sponsors would be seething, Bellamy comes across as a family man.

One thing that has stood out to me is the unwritten acceptance of this type of behaviour by the NRL and the RLPA, no illicit drug testing this time of the year, that in itself is a huge statement.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they ripped Munsters contract up, they do have a no D/Head policy, Munsters behaviours will only turn sponsors off.
I think the Drizzle will come down 'hard' and sack all 3...

Smith - gone next year anyways = no real loss
Munster - report are he has been a headache since day 1 + he has already declared he wants out + Nicho Hynes steps in
Lewis - no star and they have more forwards than spots

it will send a clear no d***heads message, they are starting spots they are well covered for plus it gives them salary cap space to find a quality 14 with Hynes and Grant coming into the starting side...

Imo the only thing that will save them is the whole player welfare argument...

Interesting times I must say , Bellamy comes across as a hard arse , if he just wipes it under the carpet we’ll know that’s just public bravado.

Hynes has signed with the Sharks for 2022 (as has Finucane).
Yeah, totally forgot about that @40 nil...

Does make it a bit trickier with Munster because Cooper Johns and Ryley Jacks are not ready...

Maybe they can use the cash to bring Brodie Croft back...

...or they could buy young Flanagan for $150K and turn him into a superstar (like they usually do)

giphy.gif
Well she's not happy!

Just sayin’

Interesting times I must say , Bellamy comes across as a hard arse , if he just wipes it under the carpet we’ll know that’s just public bravado.
They talk about "zero tolerance", but they certainly showed greater than zero tolerance for Jesse Bromwitch and Kevin Proctor back in 2017. They'll miss a couple of games, cop a fine and be forced to endure a few more public lectures on morality and leadership from Cameron Smith. And all will be well.

The NRL flog the Melbourne trio with a wet lettuce and impose harsh 1 week suspensions and extreme fines.

This is why the game stinks! These guys should have had the book thrown at them!

The NRL flog the Melbourne trio with a wet lettuce and impose harsh 1 week suspensions and extreme fines.

This is why the game stinks! These guys should have had the book thrown at them!
Agree, but it's Melb and the NRL's love child were talking about here. Can't be having to much bad publicity for league in sports mad Melb....can we !!

Far out compare this to what Stewart got in 2009 complete rort

and look no nrl 360 or any other footy talk show to speak about it.

f$$k the storm I hate them more after this slap on the face by the nrl

Great, does this mean the nrl are going to campaign for legalising drugs - that’s what it looks like

Maybe it’s a cost cutting policy, drugs are ok so they don’t have to waste any money doing drug test etc

Shaun lane got fined $20k for pretending to have drugs on him. The ‘penalties’ handed to the scum players are beyond a joke

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8