Fatty's Down Syndrome brother Geoffrey Vautin dies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
smells of a bit of money grabbing from the parents of the guy.

it'll backfire if they try and go through with it imo

clontaago link said:
Agreed. It's common knowledge that when they do these segments that they do go looking for Nuffies.

It's the same with Sam Newman down here, they intentionally go to places where they know they will find someone who isnt quite right, and interview them.

Which is the whole point.  They unleash that little dumb Robbo grub down Caxton street looking for trouble.  What happens if someone decks the little prick - he'll be the first to go squealing to the police looking for protection and filing legal suits. 

But if you're going to go trash talking people and ridiculing them, why should you expect theprotection of the law?

If you had seen it you would be less on Fatty'se

I watched the show and straight away i thought he had something wrong with him.

When Fatty said he had a couple of drinks i thought they must have checked up to make sure he was just boozed.

My prejudice also kicked in after that when i thought typical Queenslander..... drunk on the job :)

Merc

The segment was pre recorded and Vautin would have seen it before it went air during the rehersals.

They denigrated someone who had a genuine illness on national Tv and deserved to be sued. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they did it on purpose trying to get any sort of publicity for a show that should have died a natural death many years ago. 

Most defamation actions are planned in advance and are usually a payoff of some sort. 

tookey link said:
The segment was pre recorded and Vautin would have seen it before it went air during the rehersals.

They denigrated someone who had a genuine illness on national Tv and deserved to be sued. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they did it on purpose trying to get any sort of publicity for a show that should have died a natural death many years ago. 

Most defamation actions are planned in advance and are usually a payoff of some sort. 

So Tookey, are you saying that he did not appear drunk?

Are you also saying that appearing drunk is not a symptom of epilepsy?

To most people the guy appeared drunk, with a back story we now see that wasn't the case, but to people who were not aware of the guys illness he appeared drunk. They wont have a leg to stand on in trying to sue

a) Where does Robbo come into this??

b) Is it only the people that don't watch the show the ones trying to get it canned??

If you don't watch why do you care so much.

I think fatty has done absolute wonders for the game. I don't think football would be what it is today without the footy show. I'm no avid fan but I know alot of fans watch it because you get to see the otherside of players, coaches, clubs etc.

Fatty is a funny prick and he only ever has the best intentions.. get over yourselves.

Nutz, spot on, some of you lot on here are absolute wankers at times

You have done nothing wrong Fatty, an apology shall be enough in this respect.

I am sure that people the bloke worked with would have seen the filming, if it was going to cause this much distress then why didn't they step up and inform the people shooting it of this

tookey link said:
How sad that Mr and Mrs Vautin had two disabled sons. 
yes and my condolences your parents who too have a retarded son like ureself.

the footy show raises sh!t loads of money for charity's - but as usual, the plebs only choose to speak up when something like this occurs.....even though it was a 100% accident.

Dan link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=177662.msg187203#msg187203 date=1213759194]

To most people the guy appeared drunk, with a back story we now see that wasn't the case, but to people who were not aware of the guys illness he appeared drunk. They wont have a leg to stand on in trying to sue
[/quote]

No doubt he could have been mistaken for being pissed but in 30 years of going to pubs and clubs I have never seen a bouncer pissed and slurring his words like this guy so I would immediately have some doubts that he was pissed.

As they say never judge a book by its cover.  

Would you be happy if Robbo walked up to you one day at your work and in front of all your workmates said that you were pissed at work and then showed it on national TV?  I doubt that your boss would be very happy.

What if robbo came up to you in the street and said that you were announcing that you were gay and then they showed it on national TV?  

Any solicitor knows that most court cases have a 50/50 chance of sucess because at the end of the day it is not how strong a case may be it is all about how a judge feels about the case that matters.

Who knows the bouncer may get to court and come up with a judge who hates the footy show and Vautin and awards him $100k damages?  

What will most likely happen is that channel 9 will give him some money to go away which is no doubt what he is hoping for.  

For years the footy show have deliberately picked on people who look unusual and then make fun of them on the show.  

The law of avarages says that eventually someone is going to have a go back at them and other than the publicity it is creating I am glad to see it happen.

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=177662.msg187102#msg187102 date=1213689115]
How sad that Mr and Mrs Vautin had two disabled sons. 
yes and my condolences your parents who too have a retarded son like ureself.
[/quote]

Ha ha too funny.

At least I can spell - yourself.

Well, I may as well add my two cents worth to the discussion. I don't watch the show either so I didn't see the clip on the show but I did see a replay on the news the next night & I would have to agree with Fatty. The guy did come across as being drunk. The fatman had no idea the guy was disabled so how can he get sued as it was not intentional to deliberately go out and ridicule a disabled guy. It would be different if he knew the guy personally and new about his illness and then made the comments.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=177662.msg187204#msg187204 date=1213759497]

[/quote]

No doubt he could have been mistaken for being pissed but in 30 years of going to pubs and clubs I have never seen a bouncer pissed and slurring his words like this guy so I would immediately have some doubts that he was pissed.

As they say never judge a book by its cover. 

[/quote]

I've been to pubs where staff have the odd drink with them, especially on nights like Origin when they drink on after work...it's not unusual for them to have a couple of drinks as the night winds down.

And I think if there was any pub in Australia that could possibly have a bouncer who was a bit sauced, then it would be the bloody Caxton on Origin night...

I thought the segment was quite funny, and I thought the guy was pissed.  The show does reach into the trash can for laughs, I know that, so I can choose to watch it or not. 

Hadley also crawls along the gutter in his show so he's just demonstrating he's a hypocrite. 
Get over yourselves.

i

Dan link said:

[/quote]

FFS Dan, use your brain.  Do you REALLY think a pub would stand a bouncer out the front of their establishment who is evidently as pissed as a newt?

On one of the busiest nights of the year? 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=177662.msg187204#msg187204 date=1213759497]

[/quote]

FFS Dan, use your brain.  Do you REALLY think a pub would stand a bouncer out the front of their establishment who is evidently as pissed as a newt?

On one of the busiest nights of the year? 

[/quote]

Exactly.

No pub would put any bouncers on who are pissed because of the legal ramifications if they threw a patron out of the pub and killed killed when they were pissed. 

It would be a litigation nightmare. 

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6