Favorite win against each of the other teams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Favorite win against all other teams

@[Ralphie] I decided to help you out, just this once

Scum Scum Scum Scum Scum Scum Scum Scum Scum Scum Scum

Fun topic. Thanks bones. These are my best memories, limited to games I was at.

Bears: 1995 @ Brookie - Big 36-6 local derby win in the middle of our 15 game streak

Broncos: 2012 @ Suncorp - Last minute try to the Wolfman (just beats 25K @ Brookie for a big win in '95)

Bulldogs: 2012 @ ANZ - DES WHO? Big Georgie setting up the winner for Matai

Cowboys: 2007 Prelim - Choc's cheeky quick tap try grabbed the lead and we were never headed. Back from the dead to the GF again!

Dragons:1996 GF - Loved it when the Dragons took the 2 after they couldn't score in about 5 repeat sets then Ridgey regains his kickoff and the Beaver scores on the next play to about 30,000 boos. Game set match! (Special mention to 61-0 in '94)

Eels: 2012 @ Brookie - Late winner from Foz chasing a Wolfie speculator and the Eels had found another way to lose!

Knights: 1995 Prelim - Cliffy Lyons sealing a great win

Panthers: 2012 @ Brookie - 30-0 shutout was ok I spose. Not particularly memorable but jeez I've seen us lose to them a lot!

Rabbitohs: 2011 @ Brookie - Good game. Foz just took it upon himself and barged over for 2 solo tries.

Raiders: 2011 @ Brookie - Snake galloped to a century and a hat-trick in our 20-0 win as we got drowned on the hill.

Roosters: 1997 Prelim - Home by a point 17-16 thanks to a Field field goal.

Sharks: 1996 Prelim - 24-0 shutout with predicted gamebreaker Peachy gifting us 2 tries and earning a pat from Hoppa.

Scum: 40 NIL (duh!)

Tigers: 2006 @ Brookie - Spectacular last minute win over the Premiers thanks to THAT try from the Snake off an Orford bomb that Benji decided to let bounce.

Titans: 2009 @ Brookie - big win getting revenge for our ceccining in the earlier game that season.

Warriors: 2011 GF - Gifty's grubber for Robbo, Hoppa's flick and epic defence late before the killer from the Killer!

bones said:
Thought I'd try and pick what has been my ONE favourite Manly win against each of the other NRL teams. Obviously some people have been following for longer so there will be some fairly old games nominated I would assume.
Tried to keep to just one game per team.

Storm - Easiest one to pick. 2008 Grand Final 40-0
Rabbits - 2007 first ever Home Semi @ Brookie
Roosters - 1997 (I think) we were down 18-0 and came back to win with Terry Hill on fire.
Knights - 97 semi final
Broncos - 2012 with wolfie scoring in the last seconds to snatch a win.
Titans - 2008 on the gold coast. I love bever!
Cowboys - 2011 finals series
Dragons -1996 Grand Final
Raiders - 1987 Grand Final
Panthers - 05 come back inspired by Ben Kennedy at Brookie.
Sharks - 2011 last minute try to Oldfield. The grand finals were while I was a little kid so dont really remember those.
Bulldogs - 1983 ....36-2 at Brookie with phil Blake doing a magical chip n chase try.
Tigers- Stewies Hat trick first game back after being suspended by that prick Gallop.
Eels - 64-12 at parramatta in 1988
Warriors - 2011 Grand Final

Great list and great memories . I was at 9 of these games

Broncos - we haven't had the pleasure of beating them in a grand final yet, but I like the 2011 Prelim final when Locky couldn't play because he was scared of Matai.

Well you can't fail if you don't try.
(one of the few sensible things Commander ever said :)

Kiwi Eagle said:
There was a mid 90s game, 96 I guess, where we played Norths in retro jumpers, that one stuck in the memory

That was Friday 24 March, 1995. I moved out of home after agreeing to divorce my first wife. The day had a happy ending.

It wasn't a smash up but does anyone else remember the match against Easts at Brookie in 1982 ?

We were down 12-5 at half time and basically trailed the whole day. A minute left and we were behind 19-15. We score in the corner and Mike Eden lands the goal from the sideline (which was a lot rarer in those days) and we win 20-19.

My brother, the Easts supporter, and I traveled at least 2 hours each way from out west to watch it. He was filthy all the way home and I couldn't stop laughing. Absolute gold.

simon64 said:
It wasn't a smash up but does anyone else remember the match against Easts at Brookie in 1982 ?

We were down 12-5 at half time and basically trailed the whole day. A minute left and we were behind 19-15. We score in the corner and Mike Eden lands the goal from the sideline (which was a lot rarer in those days) and we win 20-19.

My brother, the Easts supporter, and I traveled at least 2 hours each way from out west to watch it. He was filthy all the way home and I couldn't stop laughing. Absolute gold.
i was there. John Harvey complained about being bitten on the finger. A Manly official quipped that he shouldn't have had his finger in the Manly players mouth.

One of the great things about growing up in the M-W district was that one rarely came into contact with supporters of other clubs. When you did, they were treated as objects of curiosity. Then you ventured out into the rest of Sydney for work or study, to discover people hated Manly. Why? What was there to hate? Success?

Started following the team in 2003(ex bears/northern eagles supporter) favourite all time win would be the 2008 GF after watching the team build their way from the bottom when they started from scratch. Other games up there would be the broncs game last year, storm 07 where ox got the winning fg, the 2011 GF win and the roosters game from the same year when we had a 3rd string side against a full strength roosters team...

When I was a kid a couple of times I actually got my mum to use a tape recorder and record Frank Hyde on 2SM calling a big Manly match and then listen when I got home from my own match (rugby, not league!). I recall doing this a couple of times for huge clashes against South Sydney, when they were in their golden era and we were desperately seeking our first premiership. The annoying thing was that we beat them again and again but they were a touch too good when the grand finals came around.

But one match I recall was match of the day, at the SCG, in 1971, Manly 15 Souths 7, we had Mal Reilly and he set up Bozo (the real Bozo) (sorry Bozo!) for a couple of tries and I still recall Frank Hyde saying of Reilly, 'What a player, he doesn't so much run as he lopes along like a gazelle'. (hahaha, not The Gazelle, lol). Later on the TV news I saw the highlights with the tries, Fulton and Reilly mesmerised them, but I always remember that match, even though I never saw it. We beat the very best and deservedly so, and I knew our premiership wasn't too far away.

From my early days as a Seaeagles supporter, a couple of games really stand out.
*My 1st visit to Brooky was against Sharks in 82 or 83 Blake was on fire with his explosive pace being exploited with a couple of super unloads from Boyd & Choppy Close to set the crowd alight. Blake produced the famous chip n chase try at 1 stage - some old legends including Eadie & Randall so very memorable game.
*Went to Redfern in 87 & they had a crazy pack of monster fowards who would eat the tough nuts in todays game.
The early exchanges were brutal with both packs giving it to each other & the dust on the concrete pitch flying.
Souths led thru Coleman & Mavin tries but Manly fought back with sensational footy including Ron Gibbs regathering his own kick on the fly to score after great leadup play. Never forget the way the Manly fowards took on & beat the big Souths pack with Kevin Ward , Gibbs & Cleal leading the way in a game that imo, paved the way for the 1987 GF win.
*Others are 40 Zip, comeback over Roosters with Innes massive fend on Sing, The Illawarra massacre with Ian Roberts throwing miracle passes & enjoyed the Bronco game with other Silvertails supporters 1st game this year, when the Bronco fans were a little cocky leading at H/T waving the RALLY towels that turned into tissues & toilet paper by games end....savour all the wins Bones - tricky quest mate...

My favourite wins against each club.

Balmain: 1987 - 48-14. In front of 25K crowd at Brooky, Manly humbled the table topping tigers.

Brisbane: 2005 - We smashed them 23-4 at Brooky in front of 25k, that day they opened the Arko stand and it was at the height of the super league war and they were the enemy.

Canberra: 1987 Grand Final. Such a hot day but a great result.

Canterbury: Any win against them is enjoyable, I always enjoy the dirty dogs being done, my favorite win over them goes back to 1982, down 20-5 at half time at Brooky, we steamed home and got there 25-20.

Cowboys: 2011 game at SFS 42-8, put Thurston and his whiners right in his place

Cronulla: My favorite win over them goes back all the way to 1978, we belted them at Endeavour field 27-8 in a game we had to win.

Easts: Again 1978 is a popular year. I remember Graham Eadie running the length of the field to score a try in a 20-10 win which sealed our finals place and knocked the chooks out.

Gold Coast: 2009 - We mashed them up 38-4 at Brooky. on the eve of the finals

Illawarra - 1987, down 17-4 with 15 minutes left away from home and we steamed home to win 28-17.

Melbourne Drizzle: Any win is celebrated, the obvious one is 40-0. They will never live that one down and also 2011 when we smashed them literally at Brooky.

Newtown: 1977 - We humbled them 50-2 at Brooky, we had a great team around that time.

Newcastle Nits:2013 - 32-0. Really spanked them.

Norths: 1984 - at NSO in the wet we obliterated the bludging bears 56-4

Parramatta: It was a priviledge to be there in 1988 when we inflicted a 64-12 smashing of the worms on their own patch, to see their fans bugger off with 20 to go was priceless.

Penrith: 2012 - Burying them at Brooky 30-0 was a great performance.

St George: 1994 - 61-0 at Brooky infront of 22K crowd, we destroyed the drag queens that day.

Souffs: 1987 - We beat the vermin 16-13 on their Redfern patch in front of a record crowd.

Warriors: 2011 Grand final, great day and topped of by Brett giving Gallop a gobful.

Wests Tigers: 2010 - We beat the Tigpies 38-20 at Gosford, massive crowd and great performance.

Wests: A great day when we knocked them out of the 78 premiership in the preliminary final 14 - 7. that win was totally against the odds.

I'd like to give a special mention to all the games where we smashed a team and it resulted in the coach being sacked. Always gave me heaps of ammunition against opposing fans.

Great post @[sheridanstand78] - some of you guys have way way better memories than I.

Wow........ so many memories! However I can't do 1 for each team, so I'll just do 1. Sharks at Shark Park 2008.

Both teams top of the ladder (with the scum) and Ricky Stuart has been on radio during the week saying; this is the game that will show where the Sharks are at, they'll make a statement blah, blah, blah....Anyway, Manly towel them up and I eagerly await Stuarts comments the following Monday. When he finally comes on the BSB, T.Kennedy doesn't ask him a single question on the game (most likely because he's been told not to). I could just imaging Stuart seething all week over that result, funny stuff!

Was the Phil Blake try -the one which he chipped & chased & then kicked the ball a couple of times to regather & score ,all at full pace ???????.
I was there for that one !!!!!

The Parra game in 1988 were we won 64-12

From memory Parra got those 12 points very early in the game, might of been the first 12 points scored in the match.

I sat under the old scoreboard with about 10 mates, 2 of us Manly followers and the rest being Para supporters.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6