Favourite moments at Brooky

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm only 20 so most of my memories are very recent haha!

- Rd5 vs. Wests 2009 - Snake's hat-trick on return from his 4-week suspension
- Rd9 vs. Canberra 2011 - Snake's hat-trick/100th try (geez can you tell who my favourite player is?! :p haha)
- Rd25 vs. Storm 2011 - #brookiebrawl

hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
Another old fart here
some of my favourite memories at Brooky are 1980 - Rick Chisolm on Fire against Cronulla and scoring all of our points

sitting with 27000 other people in 1986 and watching Manly play Parramatta WOW!!!! what an atmosphere

watching 2V making his debut against the Brits in 1988, the pommys kept running at him......but he kept turning them back

the real battles of Brookvale - Manly vs Wests

Being able to go to Brooky twice a week after dinner and watch the team train

a nice sunny Saturday Arvo or Sunday Arvo, standing on the hill and watching Under 23s, Reserves and First Grade Kick off at 3pm
Yes that manly v parra game was a beauty
Ground record 27,000 odd, Think we lost though from memory in a close game

dowdz said:
Peter C said:
Around 2006 we where playing Penrith and they steamrolled us in the first half to lead by about 20-0, Daryl Brohman said at half time that Penrith is destined for greater things that year, we came back and won , i think the final score was around 32-26

Another great come back against the Panthers

I was there and remember Matas firing up the crowd right after half-time.

The Who said:
I remember the match with Balmain with a huge crowd and Blocker Roach patted the ref on the head after being sent off. The crowd went nuts.

One of the absolute best in 1990. The thrashing of the Tiges 48 - 14 in 1987 was one of the greatest wins against the co-premier favorites at the time, half way through the season.

The Tooves debut against Great Britain at night was very special. They were full strength, we put on the seconds due to a big game in the next week, but dominated everything. Martin Not-on-fire ran sideways all night and a blonde-haired kid stamped his future as we killed them 30 - 0.

Beaver scoring his 310th try after 12 weeks out to break the record against Soufs in 2007. Right in front of me.

Grabbing a draw against Brisbane in 1999. That had to be the loudest roar I remember.

Every time the announcer said "Eadie passes to Boustead who SCORES"

Taree eagle i am another Taree Manly Suporter there is a few of us in Taree :):)

Not sure you'd want to know us but :p

My favorite memory.

I think it was 2004 maybe 05. At the time myself and my brother were sponsors and had a box, well seats actually in the Jane Try Stand. We had run a radio promo with tickets in the box and had a group down from Taree + The Fonz who was working for us at the time. Got fairly pissed and Mona's kicked a field goal against the Broncos to win the game. Headed back to the Leagues Club where I won a couple of grand on the pokies and hooked in!

Fell of my chair from a sitting position at about 9 o'clock and had a pissed Steve Matai buying the drinks as they'd cut us all off. Left the club at about 4 in the morning, supposed to open the shop at 8 and turned up some time around 11.

1 My first trip that I can remember to brookie in 2002 ( was taken in the late 70s as a toddler but have no recollection). First game post merger back at brookie still playing under the NE banner, beavers 200th game we had been smashed by souths and Newcastle the previous weeks and were no hope. But on the back of the great beaver we got home. Jason King was amazing that day.

2 Brett sticking it up all the haters in 2009 against the tigers. He scores the first and in texting my mum telling her how amazing it was and just as I hit send the bugger scores again. When he scored the 3rd there were a few tears on the hill.

3 2010 vs Melbourne ****ing epic all the banners the wooden spoons. The chants. I've never heard the cbomb used so much at the footy. Every time slater had the ball it was like the whole hill in unison called him a c--- . Not condoning this but it happedend. Then the icing on the cake trex treating him like a speed bump the whole hill jizzed.

I remember big arty beetson running on the field and me booing him as a kid and banging the cage as the kids still do now. As he ran past me he hit the cage back. I sh** my self. he was so big. I never banged the cage after that.

We use to climb the old fence to get in when we were kids in the 70s. Never paid ,to poor. Got sprung a few times and got put out. It was all fun.

Went to most games at brooky 72 73 loved it and still do . No more jumping the fence, now in a sponsors box. How times have changed.

PS my best moment i like to look back on was Zorba being sat on his bum in the 73 grand final. I would pay to see it again.

Manly Daly said:
Another old fart here
some of my favourite memories at Brooky are 1980 - Rick Chisolm on Fire against Cronulla and scoring all of our points

sitting with 27000 other people in 1986 and watching Manly play Parramatta WOW!!!! what an atmosphere

watching 2V making his debut against the Brits in 1988, the pommys kept running at him......but he kept turning them back

a nice sunny Saturday Arvo or Sunday Arvo, standing on the hill and watching Under 23s, Reserves and First Grade Kick off at 3pm

Certainly was
it was right at the start of the Manly vs Parra Rivalry i have been trying to find the score but, cannot, maybe i am typing in the wrong key words

Spuds Bodyguard said:
Taree eagle i am another Taree Manly Suporter there is a few of us in Taree :):)

My favorite memory.

I think it was 2004 maybe 05. At the time myself and my brother were sponsors and had a box, well seats actually in the Jane Try Stand. We had run a radio promo with tickets in the box and had a group down from Taree + The Fonz who was working for us at the time. Got fairly pissed and Mona's kicked a field goal against the Broncos to win the game. Headed back to the Leagues Club where I won a couple of grand on the pokies and hooked in!

Fell of my chair from a sitting position at about 9 o'clock and had a pissed Steve Matai buying the drinks as they'd cut us all off. Left the club at about 4 in the morning, supposed to open the shop at 8 and turned up some time around 11.

Mate i would have a drinks session and a chin wag with just about anybody, i think i know you, i am the ranger up here

Sometime back in the mid eighties and a vital game against the dogs. We were behind and we needed to win. Huge crowd late in the game Cliffy took charge and engineered a great try down the left to put us in front. The crowd went ballistic on the hill. One of many great memories.

My favourite moment was watching my middle son, Jack, run on to Brooky Oval with the game ball for the Manly v Warriors game in April 2007! A close 2nd would have to be sitting with my 3 sons (Will, Jack & Harry) watching the Manly v Storm game in round 25 last year!
Then would come the 70's / 80's games v Wests and Parra!

Spuds Bodyguard said:

My favorite memory.

He mate,yes we are thin on the ground up here. I have 2 or 3 at work with me...(to take from a US Marines ad) The Proud, The Few, The Manly Supporters...I going to the Titans game next weekend...maybe we can catch up..

Manly Daly said:
Another old fart here

Certainly was
it was right at the start of the Manly vs Parra Rivalry i have been trying to find the score but, cannot, maybe i am typing in the wrong key words

Spuds Bodyguard said:

My favorite memory.

Mate i would have a drinks session and a chin wag with just about anybody, i think i know you, i am the ranger up here

Just looked at an old site so I'm not 100% sure of it's facts, but it said we lost 22-6 in front of a crowd of 27,665.

My earliest favourite would be a match between the Northern Eagles and Warriors late in 2002. It was pouring down with rain, so Mum and I stood under the Southern Stand for the whole match. At that stage the Warriors were at the top and we were battling to get into 8th spot. We beat them 18-16, thanks to a late try by Shane Dunley. There have been so many good ones since then, it's hard to single one out.

taree eagle

mate i work 6 days a week so do not get much of a chance to ge to the footy nowadays

but i would be in for a couple of beers and a chat about Manly, when you are back in town

manly fan

thanks for that

Bring back the ice cream sellers. Loved a cornetto during the footy

Manly Daly said:
Another old fart here

Certainly was

Spuds Bodyguard said:

My favorite memory.

Hi HBJ, yeah we've met a few times! Thankfully you've never booked me!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7