Favourite Seaeagles 1980 - NOW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From the Past:
Cliffy, Beaver, Terry Hill

Now:
Lyon, Snake, Foz, Matai

I began watching them from the early 1960's as a snotty-nosed kid, although my focus was more on collecting empty soft drink bottles and redeeming them for three pence (if I recall correctly).
My football idol = Bobby Fulton
My favourite = Bruce Walker
I doubt many of you will remember Walker but for some reason I followed his progress. He came from North Sydney and was a free-running second-rower/lock.

The Who said:
I began watching them from the early 1960's as a snotty-nosed kid, although my focus was more on collecting empty soft drink bottles and redeeming them for three pence (if I recall correctly).
My football idol = Bobby Fulton
My favourite = Bruce Walker
I doubt many of you will remember Walker but for some reason I followed his progress. He came from North Sydney and was a free-running second-rower/lock.

Definitely remember Goldie Walker. He was a pretty handy player. Then his son Glen "Glowhead" Ryan played a little later on ;)

Goldie was indeed a favourite of mine too. Loved him as a Bear, was over the moon when he became a Sea Eagle.

sheesh, who can remember that far back?

Keeping it short:

Menzies
Matai

And for the future...... Foz

Cant say who my favourites are at the moment, Ill reserve my judgment to see what happens at season end.

Too many favourites, easy to list the ones I hated Trex,C Field and Lindsay Drake :cool:

But Cliffy is the one standout favourite :angel:

Krilich, Eadie, Vautin, Blake, Lyons, Toovey, Beaver

Beaver over Lyons by a short nose for overall no.1

I'll go purely off what they offered as players and not what has transpired in the last few years.

First ever jersey, I got a number 9 put on it for the great Crusher Cleal (for those playing at home, 9 used to be a second rowers number). Next one, I got a 7 put on it for Dessie. Later on, I had with 13 put on for Beaver (he was playing lock at that stage). I also had a NSW jersey with Roberts 10 on it at one stage. Michael Robertson was always under-rated IMO. From the current crop, Snake, Lyon, Foz, DCE, Choc, Gift.

Mark from Brisbane said:
There can't be one, it can only be a team choice because there's waaaaayyyy too many to pick just one.

And by the way why 1980??

But if there has to be one......the great Igor, the one and only T Randall, our greatest ever forward (sorry Beaver).
Hey Mark - My time as a young Seaeagle supporter started in this time & through each era - 80;s - 90,s - now can recall every 1 of them...
Another I must add though, an absolute firebrand was Les Boyd & the classy centre Joe Cool Dorahy....yes Randalls shots were the best EVER Matai the best shots as a centre...though Rambo Gibbs played there too & literally cut a few in half!!!!

Ben Kennedy was one of my favourites. His offloads onto a flying young snake use to be a joy to watch. Foz is a great player. Toughest in the comp at the moment. Too many to choose from!

maxta said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
There can't be one, it can only be a team choice because there's waaaaayyyy too many to pick just one.

And by the way why 1980??

But if there has to be one......the great Igor, the one and only T Randall, our greatest ever forward (sorry Beaver).
Hey Mark - My time as a young Seaeagle supporter started in this time & through each era - 80;s - 90,s - now can recall every 1 of them...
Another I must add though, an absolute firebrand was Les Boyd & the classy centre Joe Cool Dorahy....yes Randalls shots were the best EVER Matai the best shots as a centre...though Rambo Gibbs played there too & literally cut a few in half!!!!

Aah Ronny "Rambo" Gibbs

How I well remember 1987.....he was lamblasted for signing mid season with the Gold Coast (Chargers I think back then)...and the fans said they'd boo him if we made the GF.

Well I was at the 87 GF and he wasn't booed, he was cheered!!

I was also at the Qualifying Final (I think its the Preliminary Final these days) when we played Easts....dead set one of THE toughest games I have ever seen (although the 1973 GF I also attended will take some beating) and Rambo had an absolute blinder!!

But sorry Igor is still "THE MAN"

I had the enormous pleasure of sitting next to him at a function for League's toughest 12 they had up here in the centenary year....the lady who organised the seating knew I was an Eagles fan, flicked me an e-mail and said " who do you want Toovey or Randall".

Took me all of point 1 of a second to decide!!

Phil Blake was my fave to begin with.
Then it was Des. (broke my heart when he left).
The current fave is Matai.(Closely followed by Choc)

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Just remove the 70's names from my sig:

I notice that Toovey isn't on your "Hero List" :s

Did you forget him or is he just not one of your favourites?
aug08_022.gif

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7