Feels like Woah!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sometimes (part of) a song that is about one subject can be successfully transported to a totally different use, the Everybody Knows used by the quit smoking campaign comes to mind.

Central Coast Eagle link said:
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=180853.msg229260#msg229260 date=1245737366]
How do you expect Gallop to understand what the lyrics are about.  The only one night stand he ever had is with his hand.

I'm pretty sure that's a long term relationship.
[/quote]  Gold!

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Sometimes (part of) a song that is about one subject can be successfully transported to a totally different use, the Everybody Knows used by the quit smoking campaign comes to mind.

Surely you can see the point I am making though right?

Would it not be better to stay away from such subject matter?

I think Dan's point is maybe Stewy took his part in the campaign including the song too literally :)

I actually have the song on my ipod because it's catchy but like nita it reminds me of all the Stewy dramas. Also, every time I see the commercial I want to punch both David Gallop and Greg Inglis because it was supposed to be Stewy's add.

niccipops link said:
I actually have the song on my ipod because it's catchy but like nita it reminds me of all the Stewy dramas. Also, every time I see the commercial I want to punch both David Gallop and Greg Inglis because it was supposed to be Stewy's add.

agreed. hurts enough as it is, but to have that melbourne slime GI replace stewy.. ehhh heartbreaking  :(

Personally im not an idol fan,but in saying that i dont mind the song,and actually i think the lyrics were revised and changed somewhat by Wes Carr or whoever writes his songs for the "NRL VERSION",so maybe this could change the subject matter entirely,id have to listen to the NRL version fully though to see how much they changed it,but im pretty sure they DID change it.

chrisos link said:
Personally im not an idol fan,but in saying that i dont mind the song,and actually i think the lyrics were revised and changed somewhat by Wes Carr or whoever writes his songs for the \"NRL VERSION\",so maybe this could change the subject matter entirely,id have to listen to the NRL version fully though to see how much they changed it,but im pretty sure they DID change it.

but jsut because you change the words doesnt mean people wont still link it and its meaning

Dan link said:
[quote author=chrisos link=topic=180853.msg229713#msg229713 date=1245912780]
Personally im not an idol fan,but in saying that i dont mind the song,and actually i think the lyrics were revised and changed somewhat by Wes Carr or whoever writes his songs for the \"NRL VERSION\",so maybe this could change the subject matter entirely,id have to listen to the NRL version fully though to see how much they changed it,but im pretty sure they DID change it.

but jsut because you change the words doesnt mean people wont still link it and its meaning
[/quote]
true words Dan,just thought id add my 2 cents worth :p

I think we should take up Dan's suggestion on Closer.  Lots of vision of Gallen and Hoppa to:

You let me violate you
You let me desecrate you
You let me penetrate you
You let me complicate you
(Help me...)
I broke it down the blind side
(Help me...)
I've got no club to sell
(Help me...)
The only thing that works for me
Help me get away from myself,

I wanna gouge you like an animal