Finch to eels Official

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd love to have a thread like up in the section where the 60th anniversary team is.. so we can click on it and sort of like watch a highlights package of this year... including like stewy's try, george rose's try, bryants hit, beaver's hit on ruben wiki!! 8) :p

if anyone wants a specific avatar like mine , lemme know i may be able help you out , I had some tries up as Gifs , but had a prob with people stealing them and posting them elsewhere

Stevie, the clip of jennifer hawkins losing her skirt will do me as an avatar mate. !pray:

Stevie can you get that hit up King did a few rounds ago. I think he almost broke through the line of defence ;) It was between the 5th and 79th minute of the game. So it shouldn't be too tough to find. :)
Post of the week Byso.

Sadly one would need to look through career highlights and even then you would be lucky to find an example.

Serious question (Maybe worthy of its own thread) - Has King ever made a line break?

How many tries has he scored in his career?

I'd say he would have been at his best when attending school at St Augustines across the road from Brookie...

What I think stevies getting at is the roosters are after another half back.

I am thinking this gives more credibility to the Monaghan rumors.

Serious question (Maybe worthy of its own thread) - Has King ever made a line break?

How quickly you all forget, you spend so much time being critical of King that you forget that he scored possibly one of the best tries ever by a front rower.

He scored a 100m try whilst playing for the NE in either 2000 or 2001 at Northpower against Canberra. Took the ball from the kickoff, busted the line, he offloaded the ball to a support, player, I can't recall who, on about the 50m line & backed up to score the try.

Whatever his current shortcomings are, and there are a few this was great try and those of you who got all exited over Roses' recent 35m effort have very short memories.

What I think stevies getting at is the roosters are after another half back.

I am thinking this gives more credibility to the Monaghan rumors.

No was Just making fun of the Eels for Signing Finch :lol: :lol:

[quote author=Stevie]
if anyone wants a specific avatar like mine , lemme know i may be able help you out , I had some tries up as Gifs , but had a prob with people stealing them and posting them elsewhere

Stevie, the clip of jennifer hawkins losing her skirt will do me as an avatar mate. !pray:

[/quote]

Like this ?? :) :) ;)

[br][img=120x100]../../AE_files/public/1153471666_60_FT124108_hawkins.gif[/img]

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

How quickly you all forget, you spend so much time being critical of King that you forget that he scored possibly one of the best tries ever by a front rower.

He scored a 100m try whilst playing for the NE in either 2000 or 2001 at Northpower against Canberra. Took the ball from the kickoff, busted the line, he offloaded the ball to a support, player, I can't recall who, on about the 50m line & backed up to score the try.

Whatever his current shortcomings are, and there are a few this was great try and those of you who got all exited over Roses' recent 35m effort have very short memories.

[/quote]
Pete, I would have loved to have seen that. I only ever attended one Northern Eagles game (and that was a freebie at Parra Stadium.) I had no interest in them as they weren't Manly and so I can only judge on the last four years. Lots of hype about JK but little substance to it, though there have been flickers of from from time to time!

i waqs there, it was incredible ! cant remember if he scored himself or ran almost the length but made a pass about 10 meters out, either way it was incredible and a return from the kick off.

unfortunately thats the last time he made a bust!

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

[/quote]

Hey Pete, I see you post sensibly and without the ST v MSE rivalry prejudicies, but King surely cant be deserving of your support with a rememberance of a sole deed back 1/2 a decade ago.

I think this Mata fella has spoilt all the ST haters with too much anti King abrasiveness, inducing some sort of Anti-Mata/support King rebellion.

King is a front row forward & has performed at substandard level for the majority of his time in 1sts. Yes he showed glimpses. But they are glimpses. Yes he scored the try you mentioned. I saw that. Twas brilliant. I remember him breaking the line at a game at Gosford also brilliant. He was brilliant that whole game in fact. But you cant build a career on highlights.

I said this at the start of this season both here and MSE. King needed to learn the ethic of earning his way back into this side from injury which he never did. He was granted admission way to early. He needed the hunger and the will to prove to himself his own worthiness. Didnt happen.

All of his own injuries & interruptions (valid or not) cant escape the fact that King has passed through over 50% of a permanent long term 1st grade career without any notable success. In comparison to other top line props in the NRL he fails in the week in week out standards of 1st grade football.

I disagree with the"mediocrity" term sometimes bandied around here, but if there is one player that this applies to its King.

Face facts. King is a dud and his involvement in this team lessens the collective good.

Having said alll of that, did anyone like my line about..."Anti-Mata" 8)

[quote author=clontaago]
[quote author=Stevie]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stevie you are officially my new best friend :lol:

Hey Pete, I see you post sensibly and without the ST v MSE rivalry prejudicies, but King surely cant be deserving of your support with a rememberance of a sole deed back 1/2 a decade ago.

I do not think you will find a post in which I have been supportive of King.

My glowing comments of King in this post relate to one incident in a match 5 years ago. I was not being flippant when I said it possibly the best ever try by a front rower and I will debate that with any person who can name a better one.

I see so much hype about George Rose's try a few weeks ago and every one wants to jump on the big George bandwagon. Well as JK as proved on great try does not make a career.

[quote author=clontaago]
[quote author=Stevie]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Clon did you see your wish was granted ??? ;)

Kings try scoring feast

2002,R6 Northern_Eagles v Canberra
2002,R19 Northern_Eagles v Cronulla
2003,R15 Manly v Cronulla
2004,R23 Manly v Newcastle

Cant wait to see my avatar of big George Rose stampeding over the Roosters.
Stevie, nudge nudge , wink wink.lol.
Well i can wait as i understand you must be a busy man Stevie with all the request coming through.
Cheers

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4