Fining players; why not officials?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
If the NRL believes that fining players for making mistakes will improve their decision-making, why don't they continue the logic and include referees and Bunker officials?

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
I can just hear Annesley's response (actually he wouldn't respond to that question I reckon).

Players are fined for illegal acts, many which cause injury - refs just make mistakes
We do 'fine' them by the way of sending them to the lower grades (for 1 week on full pay)
Players make mistakes toooooooooooooooooooooo (his go to fav)
who'd want to be a ref then? It's tough enough (lol) at the moment
Only the best refs (lol x 2) make the nrl so you can say those making continual mistakes ply their trade in the lower grades.

-now my head is melting so that's all.

While i agree accountability seems at-times to be not existent i would assume funding is probably the issue

having a much larger pool of referees would seem to at least create competition based on outcomes. Depth seems an issue as is turnover

my personal view is that the bunker has many roles but is similar to self serve checkouts . An overall cost saving as opposed to consistency. Its always about money

anyone know what a ref contract is, and do-they get extra for bigger matches
But fining people at work is a slipper slope. I know the players cop it but i dont really agree with that either

It's been mentioned that the top refs get 300k per year.

Plus whatever they get 'on the side' from betting agencies (allegedly)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8