Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Jul 21, 2012.
1. The Bulldogs won it with their defence in the first half. Read the full article
Bombs have got to be taken on the full, letting the ball bounce is crazy. Taufua especially needs plenty of extra practice at training under the high ball.
Sadly, he will forever be a liability under the high ball due to his lack of height. He reminds me of Utai. Good runner but awful leaper.
We are pretty close and just have to have full team in!
I agree with that article about the finals. We have a hard run home and I'm (hopefully wrongly) worried about missing the 8.
Funny thing is they have Tafuas height as being 6cm taller than Robbo. If true maybe the training would be beneficial.
Agree! 1Respect the ball and dont throw it on a whim 2Stay away from the sideline 3Catch bombs on the full 4Foz work on your kicking game 5GRose and Trex give your spots to those that are fit and interested in playing It aint over yet True Believers
1. Execution is the key and not throwing the ball around like a hot potato. 2. Have patience and stop trying to score off every play 3. Defend your line and have faith in the guy next to you 4. Defending run up and belt them like we used to do and not sit and wait for them 5. Stop running sideways and run straight and hard
1. We don't have the finishing class without Snake. He is absolutely vital to our attack. 2. Ben Barba is their trump. If he gets hurt the Berries are doomed. 3. DCE and Foz are trying their backsides off, but are not having nearly the impact they did last season. 4. We are playing too much side-to-side. Matai is one of the few that runs straight and always worries the defence. 5. T-Rex is a myth.
1. Des is not going to be forgiven any time soon,if ever 2. King and Kite are big game players,i wish they'd play those games every week 3. Dogs may have got the biscuits but that win cost them a GF berth 4. Whare is the new Matt Cooper 5. Our backline at full strength is unrivaled but miss one cog and we can be average
1) Our team has plenty of heart. 12-0 down after a terrific start must be disheartening. 2) Jorge Taufua needs to grow another foot or two. 3) DCE needs to improve on his 5th tackle attacking options. 4) King and Kite both have a couple of good seasons ahead (based on last nights form) 5) We miss Snake
1: oh snake we miss u 2: our attack in final 3rd is in need of a big improvement 3: kieran looks battered and bruised always lol 4: trex goooooonnnnnnneeeeee 5lease snake come back
1. Manly's left edge defence is our weakness. Opposition will bomb away at Taufua...He seems like he is wearing Lead boots. Jump Man, Jump. 2. although our roster is 90% the same as in 2011, our structures have changed for the worse under toovs. ( he's doing a reasonable job but could be better).Hoppa & Robbo added another dimension. 3. Choc, Matai, Lyon, Ballin, stewart brothers continue the standards of 2011 but it must be frustrating for them to see other notable players playing below par this season. 4. My beloved Manly fans are still clutching at the idea that we are every bit as good as 2008 and 2011...we're not, more like 2009,2010. 5. Des Hasler is the best coach in the NRL.
So Elvis what happens if we had Snake last night and won? Would Toovey be the best? Or would you discount it because Hasler didn't have all his players? No injuries or suspensions this year and we'd be atleast 1st, **** isn't going Tooveys way at all, bad luck runs out as does good luck
Good to see you back Eagle, and this may be one of your best posts ever.
1- Manly have far more aggressive & dominent defence, led by Kingy & Co. 2- Taufua WILL be a target under the high ball & needs more protection from his teammates also - 2nd half showed Tooves adressed this imo. 3- When Foz takes on the line needs more runners to creat a 1 on 1 situation - the 1 time he had support the Dogs held off & he split them open. 4- With Snake on the field at least 3 of the line breaks would have been converted into tries. 5- The opposition only managed points from kicks (& a cheap penalty) showing the defence was fairly honest.
Exactly, every team is playing with injuries and suspensions. We always seem to be making excuses when it is the law of probability that injuries and suspensions are part parcel of the game. We are all passionate manly supporters but if you take off your blinkers and look at the way things are from an unbiased point of view, you can see we are not playing to our potential, despite all the back luck and injuries we have had. Toovs is a legend at manly and we all love him. But I for one is having a frustrating year watching my team spluttering along this year. Particularly with the roster that we still have.
Separate names with a comma.