Flanagan Signed as assistant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well that is a first, Danny wrong.

Any news on Orford?

Bob, it's time to give us a rendition of .. "the times, they are a'changing"

Come gather 'round people wherever you roam
And admit that the waters around you have grown
And accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone
For the times, they are a-changin'

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide, the chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who that it's namin'
For the loser now will be later to win
'Cause the times, they are a-changin'

Come senators, congressmen, please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt will be he who has stalled
'Cause the battle outside ragin'
Will soon shake your windows and rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers throughout the land
And don't criticize what you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly aging
Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast
The slowest now will later be fast
As the present now will later be past
The order is rapidly fadin'
And the first one now will later be last

Bob, it's time to give us a rendition of .. "the times, they are a'changing"

Come gather 'round people wherever you roam
And admit that the waters around you have grown
And accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide, the chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who that it's namin'
For the loser now will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen, please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt will be he who has stalled
'Cause the battle outside ragin'
Will soon shake your windows and rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers throughout the land
And don't criticize what you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly aging
Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast
The slowest now will later be fast
As the present now will later be past
The order is rapidly fadin'
And the first one now will later be last
Let the Good times Roll baby !

If both Coaches mentioned actually Sign i think we all know who will be the actual coach, Seibold will be the face of the Eagles Coaching staff and cop the brunt or the plaudits but any success on the field will be down to Flanno.

I actually think this will work in our favour, Seibold can front the media and do all the clipboard talk and flanno can actually get his hands dirty on the training paddock with the players.
I think he will earn the players respect a lot quicker than Seibs, so hopefully there is a good working relationship between the pair.

Well I hope the players don't watch a replay of the Manly v (I dunno) game where flanno's kid was playing.

Fair dinkum it was an 80 min death ride by Shane to a commentary level I rarely witness. I'm glad we actually won that game. lol

People mention his banning and 'done time' but it was also that he deliberately continued coaching when he wasn't allowed to that, in my mind, shows a not so awesome person of good character (plus coaching cronulla in general).

But.... at this point I just would like to see Manly with a full complement of staff and players actually playing in their preferred positions (for once in 10 years) and maybe ~ shock horror~ all four bench players being used.

So it's at the stage I'm just happy to get on with it.

If both Coaches mentioned actually Sign i think we all know who will be the actual coach, Seibold will be the face of the Eagles Coaching staff and cop the brunt or the plaudits but any success on the field will be down to Flanno.

I actually think this will work in our favour, Seibold can front the media and do all the clipboard talk and flanno can actually get his hands dirty on the training paddock with the players.
I think he will earn the players respect a lot quicker than Seibs, so hopefully there is a good working relationship between the pair.
Well he should get a head start Briza if he actually runs the pre season before Seibold gets there

I remember Flanagan commenting on a Sea Eagles game in 2021. Haumole made a big bust upfield with Turbo looming on the inside. If Haumole passes, it's a certain try, but he died with the ball. Flanagan said Haumole should be strongly told if that happens again, he would be dropped. Haumole often neglects to look for support, so it would be of great benefit if Flanagan can help this aspect of his play.

I remember Flanagan commenting on a Sea Eagles game in 2021. Haumole made a big bust upfield with Turbo looming on the inside. If Haumole passes, it's a certain try, but he died with the ball. Flanagan said Haumole should be strongly told if that happens again, he would be dropped. Haumole often neglects to look for support, so it would be of great benefit if Flanagan can help this aspect of his play.
Hopefully he has a say in things around Brookie, would like to see under performing players dropped.
I don't care if you're a Turbo or a first year player, if you are not playing good footy then go back to second grade and work on it...

The Manly Spirit Perspective

Jamie Lyon was an eel before he became born again at Manly

and so too any one else that comes to Manly is Born again with the Manly Spirit

See the source image

Here is a full list of our Premiership winning players who came to Manly from another NRL club or from NZ or England:

Note: does not include players from non-NRL Qld clubs or those in country NSW. e.g. Fatty from Brisbane Wests or Bozo and the Stewart brothers from Wests Illawarra.

1972 - Ken Irvine (Norths), Ray Branigan (Souths), Max Brown (Canterbury), Dennis Ward (Canterbury), John O'Neill (Souths), Mal Reilly (Castleford)

1973 - Ken Irvine (Norths), Ray Branigan (Souths), Max Brown (Canterbury), Johnny Mayes (Easts), John O'Neill (Souths), Peter Peters (Parramatta), Mal Reilly (Castleford)

1976 - Tom Mooney (Souths), Rod Jackson (Canterbury), Gary Stephens (Castleford), Phil Lowe (Hull KR), Steve Norton (Castleford)

1978 - Tom Mooney (Souths), Stephen Knight (Wests/Balmain), Steve Martin (Barrow), Bruce Walker (Brisbane Easts/North Sydney), Ray Branigan (Souths)

1987 - Darrell Williams (Mt. Albert NZ), Michael O'Connor (St. George), Stuart Davis (Easts), Cliff Lyons (Norths), Des Halser (Penrith), Ron Gibbs (Easts), Noel Cleal (Easts), Kevin Ward (Castleford)

1996 - Matthew Ridge (NZ Rugby), Craig Innes (Leeds/Western Reds), Terry Hill (Easts/Wests), David Gillespie (Canterbury/Wests), Jim Serdaris (Souths/Canterbury/Wests), Mark Carroll (Penrith/Souths), Cliff Lyons (Norths), Neil Tierney (St. George/Wests), Des Hasler (Penrith)

2008 - Michael Robertson (Canberra), Steven Bell (Melbourne), Jamie Lyon (Parramatta/St. Helens), Matt Orford (Northern Eagles/Melbourne), Brent Kite (St. George Illawarra), Josh Perry (Newcastle), Glenn Hall (Canterbury/Souths/Roosters), Heath L'Estrange (Roosters), Mark Bryant (Canberra)

2011 - Michael Robertson (Canberra), Jamie Lyon (Parramatta/St. Helens), Joe Galuvao (Warriors/Penrith/Souths/Parramatta), Brent Kite (St. George Illawarra), Tony Williams (Parramatta), Shane Rodney (Penrith), George Rose (Roosters)

Hopefully he has a say in things around Brookie, would like to see under performing players dropped.
I don't care if you're a Turbo or a first year player, if you are not playing good footy then go back to second grade and work on it...
You're right about that mate, one of the biggest gripes I had with Hasler was that underperforming players were under no pressure to lift their game

One of our main problems finally being addressed..our assistants..I will take the experience we are gaining through flano and dymock over mona and randall anytime of the week…now hopefully they are in sync with seib and work together well..can’t wait to see who they want for head of performance

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8