for ryan's benefit - we haven't lost 15 of our last 17 starts, facts runi another good story

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
for ryan's benefit - we haven't lost 15 of our last 17 starts, facts runi another good story

[quote author=Canteen Worker]
Last year is last year.
I do not understand the focus on last year - it is gone. Results this year will determine our success and that should be what we are looking at.

Exactly. To keep on referring to last years results in the CONTEXT of this year is like naming a seaside land release "Bollocksville" Makes no sense at all really.

[/quote]

Nonsense - I'm with Ryan on this one. Hasler and Manly have conspired to lose 13 of our last 17 games which means that we are effectively last in the NRL over that period.

Do you think share brokers don't consider the results of the previous FY when they advise their clients on what shares to buy?

[quote author=Barks]
[quote author=Ryan]
By the way guys - I used the statistics (if anyone has the Canberra last round win last year on DVD), that Wayne Pearce and his opposite commentator use. I didn't just make it up.

not the 1st time posters in this site use stats as a backbone to their argument, then blame another website or commentator for the error. We're all used to it by now so we'll let this go thru to the wicketkeeper........

just thinking actually how my mates and i discussed rcently that out of them all, Pearce is one of the worst commentators and never offers any real insight other than the bleeding obvious. Hate it when he get's Manly games....
[/quote]

Jeez could you be referring to the incidient where you blew up like a blonde hooker last year when I went off at Kings stats?

I dont know what you use the matter between your ears for. but when you have only stats to go by i.e. have not watched the game and have an OFFICIAL site claiming certain stats then how cna that be wrong or false? You are using known fact from an official source at the time.

No little pea heart run along to MSE where you seem intelligent

[/quote]

still casting your pearls before swine? :blaugh:

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
[quote author=Canteen Worker]
Last year is last year.
I do not understand the focus on last year - it is gone. Results this year will determine our success and that should be what we are looking at.

Exactly. To keep on referring to last years results in the CONTEXT of this year is like naming a seaside land release "Bollocksville" Makes no sense at all really.

[/quote]

Nonsense - I'm with Ryan on this one. Hasler and Manly have conspired to lose 13 of our last 17 games which means that we are effectively last in the NRL over that period.

Do you think share brokers don't consider the results of the previous FY when they advise their clients on what shares to buy?

[/quote]

You are kididng arent you???

You can not compare share brokerage to an NRL teams performance.

Here are some simple reasons why

1 - Most of the teams have changed personell
2 - The competition isn't continuous whereas trading pretty much is!

The only possible reason to use last years results is to show a track record under 1 single constant, which is Des Hasler.

You must define some metrics if your going to provide a measure

[quote author=Barks]
[quote author=Ryan]
By the way guys - I used the statistics (if anyone has the Canberra last round win last year on DVD), that Wayne Pearce and his opposite commentator use. I didn't just make it up.

not the 1st time posters in this site use stats as a backbone to their argument, then blame another website or commentator for the error. We're all used to it by now so we'll let this go thru to the wicketkeeper........

just thinking actually how my mates and i discussed rcently that out of them all, Pearce is one of the worst commentators and never offers any real insight other than the bleeding obvious. Hate it when he get's Manly games....
[/quote]

Jeez could you be referring to the incidient where you blew up like a blonde hooker last year when I went off at Kings stats?

I dont know what you use the matter between your ears for. but when you have only stats to go by i.e. have not watched the game and have an OFFICIAL site claiming certain stats then how cna that be wrong or false? You are using known fact from an official source at the time.

[/quote]

forgot about you....you still sore over that....Obviously you haven't forgotten. I WATCH the game...i know when we win or lose - so i can generally use my own brain to discuss topics on the game, instead of not have a freaking clue and come on here Monday mornings and post stats - which are different in every newspaper and website you read. Also stats don't always tell the whole story. Didn't some website say Bell made 3 line breaks but minimal metres gained against canberra?

Learn how to watch a game champ and offer something useful instead of wrong stats & then personal attacks when under pressure.

I might start calling you "junior".

hehehe....little pea heart :lol: where i may seem intelligent? Are you saying you are better than them? Thus I'm an idiot here but intelligent to them? You've just show your own lack of self esteem right there champ by putting others down to make yourself feel better.

The only possible reason to use last years results is to show a track record under 1 single constant, which is Des Hasler.

Which is exactly the context that Ryan has been using his information for - to show the long term ineptitude of the coach.

9conga.gif

Anyone Else wanna Join ??? :lol: :lol:

[quote author=Daniel]
[quote author=Barks]
[quote author=Ryan]

[/quote]

[/quote]

forgot about you....you still sore over that....Obviously you haven't forgotten. I WATCH the game...i know when we win or lose - so i can generally use my own brain to discuss topics on the game, instead of not have a freaking clue and come on here Monday mornings and post stats - which are different in every newspaper and website you read. Also stats don't always tell the whole story. Didn't some website say Bell made 3 line breaks but minimal metres gained against canberra?

Learn how to watch a game champ and offer something useful instead of wrong stats & then personal attacks when under pressure.

I might start calling you "junior".

hehehe....little pea heart :lol: where i may seem intelligent? Are you saying you are better than them? Thus I'm an idiot here but intelligent to them? You've just show your own lack of self esteem right there champ by putting others down to make yourself feel better.

[/quote]

I sweet lord, why do I bother with you!

Self esteem? Me a lack of it? yeeeeaaahhhh tiger nice one!

As for watching a game, I do not have
1 - Foxtel
2 - Time

so can not watch every game, and am glad of it. I don't see how this is a matter of education in watching a game, more a lack of opportunity to watch a game when a little thing called, life gets in the way. I therefore can only sometimes go by

1 - Stats
2 - Game reviews
3 - highlights

Stats may not tell the whole story, we of course no that, they do tell you enough to let you know King is a useless lump of mud on the football field, your continual defense of him is both tedious and ridiculous.
90% of the time I have it right and so do the stats. On the one occassion the stats were wrong you jumped up and down and I swear you were close to tears since you carried on over at MSE about it.
However you showed your usual lack of intelligence in that debate when you played the man by calling me a miriad of names and other things, merely because you re-fused to comprehend the fact that the stats were from an official site and continued to tell me that I had made up the stats.

I didnt put you down to make me feel better, I feel pretty great already to be honest with you. I put you down for the simple reason that you deserve it, time and time again on here. Since your memory is so lacking I will dutifully remind you that Pea Heart was part of the title and the main thread of the post being referenced. As for it hitting hard, wrong again friend, I have a near photographic memory and monitor 99% of posts on here and can remember most if not all I have been involved in.

I could go on but feel there is no need. There is already a general consensus on you as a poster and I. You can call me junior all you wish, it may get you far or it may just brush right off my back old man!

[quote author=Daniel]

Which is exactly the context that Ryan has been using his information for - to show the long term ineptitude of the coach.

[/quote]

You really need to provide more metrics than win loss ration over a chosen amount of games then.

People will only see it as driving one point and one agenda.
Rather than an analysis of the facts.

Where Ryan set out incorrectly and put people offside was by choosing the amount of games to be analysed and fudging them towards his agenda.

What should have been done was the following

Games under Des: x
Games lost under Des: x
Games won under Des: x

Games under previous coach: x
Games lost under previous coach: x
Games won under previous coach: x

Whilst it does not take into acount player roster and a number of other things it does however at least show a clearer picture of win loss ration accross the entire career of the coach and compare that to the previous coach to show improvement of lack there-of

I guess though further deeper metrics may be needed to efficiently prove the point.

For instance
- a cross comparison to other clubs
- An average score for each club for the same period as the coach has been in his position.
- Player roster though this is too heavily opinion based.

I will let you decide some more but at least those stats are a little more neutral and a lot harder to argue against as no single agenda has been pushed, just cold hard STATS.

I guess any improvement could then be put down to the clubs financial position now compared to the past, administration stability and player roster rather than skills as a coach

Last year is last year.

So far this year we have lost 2 out of 2. One was very ordinary against a team we should have flogged.

The other was an improved (but still not perfect display) against the Grand Finalists at home.

I'm with you mate!!

Whats done is done....

A few people here wouldn't know a good coach if not if one ran over them on the M7!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whilst some have jumped on the bandwagon (coach), they jury is out till the fat lady sings!!!!! (To mangle a few metaphors) :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Just throwing my 2 bob's worth in...

I also agree that stats don't always tell the story, I personally get a better gauge on the match by watching it!!

daniel.....a rambling essay that I couldn't be bothered reading so I read the last paragraph to try and get the overall gist.
At the end of your essay, you write "I could go on but feel there is no need." Ummmm, you already did mate, so obviously to you there was a need...hehehe In a bit of a tiz mate?

I never said King was going great, I just questioned you and your personal attacks on a fella that Des didn't have to pick. We can handle that you don't want him in 1st grade, but you get dorogatory and personal. I don't understand why you need to take it that far? Who the hell are you - what have you done. So....it surprises me how you can give it out to poeple, but get all name calling & defensive with essays when people give you stick.

grow a spine.

daniel.....a rambling essay that I couldn't be bothered reading so I read the last paragraph to try and get the overall gist.
At the end of your essay, you write \"I could go on but feel there is no need.\" Ummmm, you already did mate, so obviously to you there was a need...hehehe In a bit of a tiz mate?

I never said King was going great, I just questioned you and your personal attacks on a fella that Des didn't have to pick. We can handle that you don't want him in 1st grade, but you get dorogatory and personal. I don't understand why you need to take it that far? Who the hell are you - what have you done. So....it surprises me how you can give it out to poeple, but get all name calling & defensive with essays when people give you stick.

grow a spine.

Personal attacks...you clearly did not read the original post last year either!

defensive?
The word is offensive mate!

Just throwing my 2 bob's worth in...

I also agree that stats don't always tell the story, I personally get a better gauge on the match by watching it!!

And if you have naught but stats and reviews?

hahahaha funny thing is i knew i was gonna get that reply but at the time couldn't be bothered typing anymore..

well if ya can't watch the game then thats all ya got i guess...

But yeah i was just saying personally i get a better knowledge of how the players play by watching rather than reading the stats..

agreed of course you will get a better idea by seeing it and can form100% your own opinion.

The original post last year was where I rode out many a personal attack from Meow because the stats read 1 hitup for 8 metres and I was unable to watch the game.

I was called many a name by this monkey!

It's a hard knock life for us!

yes but this monkey is the either up there with the leaders of the conga line or trying to start his own.

An aplogist of the worst kind.

Its fools like him who are responsible for the losing attitude within the club

yes but this monkey is the either up there with the leaders of the conga line or trying to start his own.

An aplogist of the worst kind.

Its fools like him who are responsible for the losing attitude within the club

You'll prolly all get annoyed with me as i can take many positives out of soo many games hahaha

I think i am a one eyed eagle... not in the sense that if a ref makes a decision and it's obvious i'll complain but i am always positive toward the club.

Go Manly hahaha

I have a question for you.

When Tezza wanted to go off injured in the mid 90's, he told bozo he was injured and had to come off.
What did Bozo say to him?
and
What did tezza do?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4