Foran boys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
re foran boys if my ancient memory serves me correct fred and nick yackich, brett and glen stewart are the only brother pairing that have played in first grade for us  ian martin has a brother kevin who many said was a better player but he never played along side ian both whom played for the mighty narraweena hawks

Post  automatically merged: [time]1293959299[/time]

re foran  boys  ian magilla thomson was our first ceo after the northern eagles folded he was a top forward before then who gave no qtr and asked for none and was a good ceo until some boofheads decided other wise  allan thompson was a manly man through and through if i remember came from the narrabeen sharks and was one of our best 5/8s and was no relation to ian if any one needs to know about thes look up our clubs history  most of the se players are listed somewhere as for the blakes im not sure if they played together or in different grades

allan thompson was a manly man through and through if i remember came from the narrabeen sharks and was one of our best 5/8s and was no relation to ian <<

really??????????? i thought they were brothers...

Ian Thomson 1977-1986 was a nephew of Alan Thomson-tough forward from 1969-1972 who came from Newcastle and was our coach in 1980.

No relation to Alan Thompson, a great 5/8 from 1973-1984 who was our coach in 1989

Thanks for the info guys!

Hope Kieran signs on for at least 2 years, with a decent ball-playing halfback and no injuries, he would be unstoppable!

I did mean 2 sets of brothers, ie Stewart's and Foran's, as I would like to see Liam in the squad too.

zambuck link said:
re foran boys if my ancient memory serves me correct fred and nick yackich, brett and glen stewart are the only brother pairing that have played in first grade for us  ian martin has a brother kevin who many said was a better player but he never played along side ian both whom played for the mighty narraweena hawks

Post  automatically merged: [time]1293959299[/time]

re foran  boys  ian magilla thomson was our first ceo after the northern eagles folded he was a top forward before then who gave no qtr and asked for none and was a good ceo until some boofheads decided other wise  allan thompson was a manly man through and through if i remember came from the narrabeen sharks and was one of our best 5/8s and was no relation to ian if any one needs to know about thes look up our clubs history  most of the se players are listed somewhere as for the blakes im not sure if they played together or in different grades

Blake & Iro brothers have played first grade for Manly.

hippo new year everybody.
Alan Thomson the second rower was one hard as nails guy. I can still remember as a kid hearing the impact of one of his headon tackles from way across the other side of the ground at brooky. He retired after winning the 72 GF vs roosters. Didn't know Magilla was his nephew.

Ian Martin tragic link said:
Alan Thomson the second rower was one hard as nails guy. I can still remember as a kid hearing the impact of one of his headon tackles from way across the other side of the ground at brooky. He retired after winning the 72 GF vs roosters. Didn't know Magilla was his nephew.
Remember Alan Thomson used to work as a bouncer at the Antler at Narrabeen. There was never much trouble when he was on the door!

SwornEagle link said:
Hope Kieran signs on for at least 2 years, with a decent ball-playing halfback and no injuries, he would be unstoppable!
You mean he hasn't signed yet?

Moondog link said:
[quote author=Ian Martin tragic link=topic=186194.msg310900#msg310900 date=1294157614]
Remember Alan Thomson used to work as a bouncer at the Antler at Narrabeen. There was never much trouble when he was on the door!
[/quote]how many alan thompsons play for us??? i swear  the alan thompson im talking /thinking about was a 5/8

WAMF link said:
[quote author=SwornEagle link=topic=186194.msg310854#msg310854 date=1294086739]

You mean he hasn't signed yet?
[/quote]

It was this time last year when we has saying he wanted to sign and the ball was in his court, I haven't heard official word that he's signed, has anyone else?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6