Foran's future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just look at some of the names that we have let go over the last 5 years or so that ended up at another NRL club. Don't regret losing any of these, hasn't cost us anything.

JWH - maybe he will amount to something but early days yet
Cuthbo - unfulfilled potential to date
Burns - one dimensional, no loss
Bani - Farrar much better, good swap
Halfasanga - nuffie
Witt - nuffie
Groom - nuffie
Steppa - nuffie
Donnelly - nuffie
Heckenberg - nuffie
Dorn - nuffie
etc, etc

Yep, on that list Hecks wasnt as bad as some of the others (donnelly) but even still, he wouldnt replace any of our current top 4.

I remember being disappointed when Cannings went to Parra on big money, shows the level of our squad back then haha

I remember the forum almost melting down after Groom left us as well, now playing Div 2 in the UK i think

A good read on page 53 about Kieran in the big league, he played in  a u15s rep comp  for 2 weeks with a broken collarbone

Mal Kafusi...there's a name too...remember "Kafusi Corner"

I liked Heckenburg as well.  One dimensional, hit it up and take the tackle sort of player, but solid in defense.  I agree with all the others though.  The good ones went after their use-by date was up.  Retirement dollars, and good on them.  Kiwi, given the duds we carried back in those days, it's a miracle we've never picked up the spoon.  It must have been due to Beaver's competitive nature that kept our heads above water.     

LOL, I remember being a fan of Ferris back in those days, simply because he played with passion and had a go every week

Hicks was a loss, but we've done more than OK for wingers since.  The other "loss" that comes to mind was Mortimer who was keen to play for Manly with his brothers but we put up the house full sign. Now seeing Hodko and Foran together, seems like even that decision may work out very well for us.

Rex link said:
Now seeing Hodko and Foran together, seems like even that decision may work out very well for us.

As long as they both get re-signed it should.

out of all mentioned ron gibbs was probably the most valuable player to leave prematurely as it were.
and I was sorry when craig innes went back to nz to play ruggers again.

jwh might be, but for mine he is a physical freak but does not seem like a natural footy player, so maybe his growth is limited.

jack elsegood, chris hicks, good players but it's hard to get too excited either way about wingers (except rocket rod jackson of course ;-)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6