Forward Pass nightmare

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

I've seen that vid before (maybe on here ...maybe you posted it before...)

It's hard to imagine that the refs don't know all this, yet as per the last example, when the passer gets stopped in his tracks, refs seem to fall for the illusion and blow forward pass. Unless you're one of maxwells favs and a cnrl fave that is.

Maybe the cnrl boss should show that vid to all refs!

Guys, read the below rumour on another league post....hhmmmmm

'I heard a story by Josh Massoud regarding Kieran Foran and the leaks of his allegedly unpaid third party payments at Manly. Massoud's odds that is was the Eels who leaked this information may well be spot on the mark. The person who created the leak may come as a surprise, given his supposed admiration for Foran. I have some reason to believe that it was Brad Arthur who actually leaked the information to media. I have been made aware of a discussion that took place in a multi-level car park, near Church Street Parramatta. It seems that Arthur and possibly another Parramatta official, were having a discussion. At some point during this, I have been told that Arthur stated to the person present; 'I would do anything for this club, I think that I showed that by leaking Foz's ****ing dollar issues with Manly out there'. They then parted company.'

You're wrong.
I'm wrong! The rule in rugby union is just as wishy washy -

A throw forward occurs when a player throws or passes the ball forward, i.e, if the arms of the player passing the ball move towards the opposing team’s dead ball line.

However they still rule on obvious forward passes. I can only return to the view that the NRL love wishy washy grey area rules so they can manipulate games.

I've seen that vid before (maybe on here ...maybe you posted it before...)

It's hard to imagine that the refs don't know all this, yet as per the last example, when the passer gets stopped in his tracks, refs seem to fall for the illusion and blow forward pass. Unless you're one of maxwells favs and a cnrl fave that is.

Maybe the cnrl boss should show that vid to all refs!

The video is very informative. So in both rugby and league the rule is the same. The one situation where relative velocity has no relevance is at dummy half. The passer is stationary - if the ball travels forward its a forward pass. There is even a line on the ground near the passes a lot of the time. No excuses. Scum Smith main offender.

So you mean to tell me that dummy half passes are also meant to go backwards? Wow, someone tell the refs!

I remember a game againts parra a few years back .we were up 20-0 and hayne threw a pass that went 5 metres foward and they won the game. Worst ive ever seen.

I remember a game againts parra a few years back .we were up 20-0 and hayne threw a pass that went 5 metres foward and they won the game. Worst ive ever seen.

I remember that as well it was truly sickening. The telecrap had a full back page Hayne Plane Spiel. However it did spark the infamous Des Hasler OPSM remark.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ng-is-a-shambles/story-e6frexnr-1225844023263

This is from 2010. Nothing what so ever has improved forward pass wise since.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8