Forward passengers - amazing statistics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The stats show that we will struggle next year without BK who does an absolute mountain of work each game.

He is a legend.

yes losing BK will hurt

but for every hit up he takes someone else cannot make one whilst he is on the field. Ie we wont lose 100% of those metres as some would make you think.

If you look at the melbourne game where we didnt have a lot of our top players the second tier players got more game time and got thrown the ball more often. Guess what happened then - Morewood made 100m.

No BK to take a hitup then BK@, JK, MB are going to take it instead.

Its the offloads and second phase play in attack that will really hurt us

You've just contradicted your agendas Pete. And done so with a lame phurphy that local papers aren't critical of their patch.

That's a nonsense.

I know you consider me as an infidel within these pages but I have read enough local papers in my lifetime to know that they always provide almost unqualified support to their local side.

It does not even have to be a local paper, when I go to Brisbane all I ever read in their papers is how great the Broncos/Lions are and how they are going to beat team 'X" in the coming week. It is the nature of local papers, they are selling their product and advertising space to local people, they are not going to openly be critical of their local team. You do have a concept of marketing, so please explain to me why a local rag would print negative articles about their local team and harm their own product.

If country papers are critical of their local teams I would like you to "show & tell" rather than make a sweeping statement that cannot be verified.

how many threads are you gonna do on this bloke? hehehehehe..King, Lulu, and lately Bryant aren't playing GREAT footy, we're not silly.

But the stats you brought to the table are ridiculous. How do you compare backrowers who can play 80mins against front rowers who play 35 mins. Even then some props get more game time than others.

Is King up to Kite's standard, no. If his contract was up this year and he didn't improve - should they resign him, no.

It's just common sense Mata, not analysing uneven stats.

Was Beaver there? Should i bag him too?

Like Fluffy said, if we pick up someone like Simpson, it will definitely alleviate the impact (won't ever be as good) of BK leaving us.
Even if we miss out, I read somewhere that a St Helens 2nd rower who is young, and played for GB may be joining us (name elludes me sorry lads). Morley plays well, so if we get that nut, maybe he will too.

To be honest in regard to our existing props, if we are winning, I'm happy with HOWEVER many metres they are making. I also hope King plays well, and we all get to praise the bloke.

Corso - I agree with your sentiments regarding a local rag supporting their team, but Manly Daily (my perception only) seem to pick up a paper that is a day old, read it, pick out the good bits, and publish it a day late.
I have NEVER seen any cutting edge, new type of information that makes me excited about the Eagles from The Daily.

A good local paper is critical of local issues as well as supportive. IT staggers me that they could survive when all they are capable of is toeing the party line.

I shall tender examples in coming weeks.

Corso - I agree with your sentiments regarding a local rag supporting their team, but Manly Daily (my perception only) seem to pick up a paper that is a day old, read it, pick out the good bits, and publish it a day late.
I have NEVER seen any cutting edge, new type of information that makes me excited about the Eagles from The Daily.

Why do you think it is a day old?, would it possibly because the majority of news, particulary in relation to the Sea Eagles you receive is electronically, of course it will be a day old.

I haven't seen todays Daily but I am sure it will carry the story of Watmough's injury, on your basis this story will be a day old and therefore "old" news. If not for the internet I doubt any of us would have known about Watmough's injury until today when the team sheets were listed in the newspapers.

You can be critical, but the Manly Daily is a newspaper and by definition any printed news is going to a minium of 18 hours old before it lands in your mailbox.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6