Forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=The Wheel]
Some of matabele's rating were tough but he has nver been one to go over the top in praise.

The reason why its so quiet on the forum today is most of the silvertails have committed suicide after reading matabele's assessment :lol2:

[/quote]

Or poisened themselves eating the free big mack on saturday night.

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
[quote author=The Wheel]
Some of matabele's rating were tough but he has nver been one to go over the top in praise.

The reason why its so quiet on the forum today is most of the silvertails have committed suicide after reading matabele's assessment :lol2:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Suicide by big mac. Sounds like a perfectly implausible storyline for CSI, allowing plenty of autopsy footage.

[quote author=tookey]
[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
[quote author=The Wheel]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Suicide by big mac. Sounds like a perfectly implausible storyline for CSI, allowing plenty of autopsy footage.

[/quote]

No need for CSI when you have Super Size me.

Sorry to spoil the story but the Big Macs have to be taken in the five days afterwards and not on game day. Stuffed up those of us who don't live on the Beaches!!!! :lol:

What is wrong with scoring of kicks? Especially given the conditions!

I learnt in under 12's that in the rain you put in kicks on the line because it is hard for the defence to turn in the wet as well as you play an angle game with inside runners because of the same lateral movement defeciency.

If our kicks were going over the dead-ball line or bombs being defused, I would be worried, but not when they are working a treat.

Let's not get carried away. Canberra is an abysmal side and they played abysmally. I was very concerned with the lack of go-forward at critical stages. If we struggle to get going against that Canberra rabble, how will we contend with the Dogs or Cowgirls?

Of all the games seen this weekend that was by far the poorest quality. I guess some of it can be blamed on the conditions, but all?

My thoughts on the forwards:

Kite - solid but not spectacular. Showed he probably still can do what he did for us in 2006. 6/10.

King - A very good game by his standards and if he can replicate that on a weekly basis we will have a solid starting pair. 6/10.

G Stewart - surprised me I must admit. Tackles well and made some good breaks. 7/10

Menzies - didn't see enough of him but we know what he's capable of.

Williamson - Did waht I predicted all week - tackles his heart out and let noone down. 7/10

Rose - This bloke is a huge concern to me. Gives away stupid penalties and is a massive liability in defence. 2/10

Bryant - Nothing spectacular but did nothing wrong either. 4/10.

Hall - A good impression of the invisible man for much of his time on the field, so it's just as well he gave his bare balls a good scratch in the dressing shed so we took notice of him. 3/10

Monaghan - At the rsik of being howled down as a broken record, I really do question why we persist with this clown. Stilts the attack on a regular basis (Lyon blowing up at him inside the first ten minutes), runs backwards from dummy half and throws hospital passes, slowing up play, threw some shocking balls at his runners (this is a basic skill mastered by 12 year olds!!!!!!!) and how bad was the kicking game after Orford left the field?

Seriosuly, 2/10 and bring on Ballin.

Hall
14 tackles
1 miised
11 hitups
108 metres gained
2 offloads

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4