FOX Sports axe Wendell Sailor and hire Mark Geyer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Adam Peacock is a Manly supporter eh? Give this man the presenting role, he obviously knows his footy!

In regards to the ladies, Renee Gartner from The League Lounge is my fav.

Mals said:
Adam Peacock is a Manly supporter eh? Give this man the presenting role, he obviously knows his footy!

In regards to the ladies, Renee Gartner from The League Lounge is my fav.

They gave the league lounge the flick as well

So many people miss the whole Dell "thing". It's not so important what he says, but how he says it. What people nearly always miss is after he says something along the lines of, "I'm a dual international, but it's not about me", is the quick wink or sideways smile at the camera or person he's talking to. He's stating the obvious, but taking the piss at the same time. His ego driven "stage persona" is nowhere to be seen away from the camera.
I don't care if he's on screen or not, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. He has a sense of humour that people find difficult to grasp, but he is funny if you watch him close enough.

mozgrame said:
So many people miss the whole Dell "thing". It's not so important what he says, but how he says it. What people nearly always miss is after he says something along the lines of, "I'm a dual international, but it's not about me", is the quick wink or sideways smile at the camera or person he's talking to. He's stating the obvious, but taking the piss at the same time. His ego driven "stage persona" is nowhere to be seen away from the camera.
I don't care if he's on screen or not, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. He has a sense of humour that people find difficult to grasp, but he is funny if you watch him close enough.

Unfortunately he's just not funny. He just repeats the same old lines, which weren't even funny the first time. He's a bore, and that's why they've flicked him.

Who wants to hear his dribble about the Dragons or himself? I certainly don't.

the mauler said:
mozgrame said:

Unfortunately he's just not funny. He just repeats the same old lines, which weren't even funny the first time. He's a bore, and that's why they've flicked him.

Who wants to hear his dribble about the Dragons or himself? I certainly don't.

Well, you can't knock his loyalty to the Dragons. Maybe he'll get a gig there somewhere.

You know who gives me the dry squirts? Andrew Voss and his ****ty "Stuff you may have missed" segment on the footy show. Geez i'd like to put one on that blokes massive chin. He's about as funny as a ball of string. I imagine in his off air time he locks himself away in a dark room with a blown up picture of Hindys crack, and just rocks backwards and forwards giggling and dribbling while staring at it. "DUH, it fuunnny"

Ralphie said:
He is a rugby defector and convicted drug user, he should not be an ambassador for anything Rugby League.

But MG should? seen this one Ralphie?

"My beer and speed binge shame, reveals Mark Geyer"

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/my-beer-and-speed-binge-shame-geyer/story-e6frfkvr-1225864068679#ixzz1jyVRpVlr

Geyer is a bigger dribbler than Tallis dont see this as a step forward. Get rid of Daley and Tallis and they might have a decent commentary team.

Personally dont mind Geyer at all - who actually grew up as a Manly supporter.
At least he is bold & speaks his mind even when outnumbered 7-1, most these footy hosts are crowd pleasers & yes men. As a youngster when ever we played Penrith the Geyer /Alexander influence was scary as hell.
He rips it up players who dont have a dig & backs himself where other commentators look for excuses so they dont ruffle any feathers.
Had a few drinks with him at Penrith leagues & he's no bighead, just your average knockabout bloke like most here. ;)

MK Eagle said:
Personally dont mind Geyer at all - who actually grew up as a Manly supporter.
At least he is bold & speaks his mind even when outnumbered 7-1, most these footy hosts are crowd pleasers & yes men. As a youngster when ever we played Penrith the Geyer /Alexander influence was scary as hell.
He rips it up players who dont have a dig & backs himself where other commentators look for excuses so they dont ruffle any feathers.
Had a few drinks with him at Penrith leagues & he's no bighead, just your average knockabout bloke like most here. ;)
I grew up a cpl streets away from MG, and I gotta say having him as the only other Manly supporter I knew in the "Druitt" back then probably saved me from multiple floggings!:)
The thing I love about MG is he has always been a bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve (sometimes to his own detriment). He loves his footy like no other, and as you said MK, he isn't afraid of calling it as he see's it.
I think it's a smart move from FOX. They need to re-connect with the "man on the street", and MG is the perfect bloke to do it.
I also agree with Cambo..Andy Raymond is streets ahead of Warren Smith as there No 1 caller.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4