Frank Winterstein

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Frank looked spent from about the 20 Min onwards, I watched him when off the ball a lot on Sat night and I thought he was really struggling to keep up with the pace of the game.

I like siro and frank at times, they do some good things. But you need a workhorse in the back row. It affects your prop rotation too much if they are cooling there heals.

I cant see how we can support both moving forward. I quite liked the work kennedy did in his brief appearance. Every team needs a player that largely goes un noticed except for the work they do. Not explosive, but fiercly competitive and hard working. We need one too for balance. Jakey and api need a hand

If the props or api are doing the back rowers work something has to give

Frank looked spent from about the 20 Min onwards, I watched him when off the ball a lot on Sat night and I thought he was really struggling to keep up with the pace of the game.

Is this Frank below? Too much weights, and not enough speedwork bro :)
5-Once-Were-Warriors-quotes.gif

Both players mainly playing in a corridor and running hard straight lines, much straighter than has existed over the last decade.

They are feared decoys because they are running good straight lines at the right time and the first man gets hit often enough to not ignore them.

The inside shoulder of defenders is worried they will get the ball and break through the line, not some lazy ass decoy running that was never going to receive the ball and it was all just for show to pass to a second man deep Brett play.

It is very Melb like how they are being drilled to run that hard line consistently without fail, if they don't do it the hook is feared.(you are not doing your simple uncomplicated job)

Yes the involvement has to increase and shoulder more workload but i think they are being told to keep it simple for now.

Most of the go forward as a percentage of total go forward is from the back 5 these days(for many many years now) just previously we had backrowers that contributed more in this department while at the moment they are both playing as a second option centre in attack.

The 26min spread is how i like my attacking structures set up, Green shortish and flat remaining central, a size forward AFB running straight keeping the inside defenders honest, then a short not overly deep second man play to DCE, Walker staying central lurking around DCE.

Winterstein running that hard straight line keeping another inside shoulder honest with Tom receiving the ball.(with the option to throw a face ball in front of Tom direct to Kelly which has been happening)

(Winterstein making the break against Canberra running a straight line also helped setup this play this week and he has received a few hospital passes in games for the greater good later on)

The ball players receiving the ball short, flat and central with space to put on an elaborate play is the key after a good go forward set--- too often the first receiver is too wide allowing the inside defence to slide and cramp up the tight corridor of predictable runners.

The other positive play i like is players are not in some autopilot mode with the spreads and looking off the inside shoulder as an option----been annoying me for years teams over look the lazy inside defenders like robots programmed to continue going wide.

Redzone attack still needs to improve but this is the hardest area to execute. Manly are more a general play off the back of go forward attack, once the redzone becomes clinical and composed then we will see Manly start racking 5 or more game winning streaks.
Spot on TC. This team will come together eventually. There have been positive signs since round two. The style of play is starting assert itself and become second nature to the players.

I would have loved to have seen Jamie Buhrer play a role in one of those corridors with his speed and footwork. But he's injured for the knights and not for us.

All that remains now is some more consistent and informed interchange. So much is lost when Tapau and Lawrence go off. I would look at maybe starting AFB and then bringing Lussick and Lawrence on. Myles has a great settling impact and can be inserted when necessary, his defence is first rate but he doesn't make the metres out other props do. Ditch Brown and please give API a rest ten before the first half for Hastings to show what he can do.

Would be nice to have Jackson and Gillet in 11 and 12 but for this year Sirro and Frankenstein can do a job.

It's a rebuilding year.

Both players mainly playing in a corridor and running hard straight lines, much straighter than has existed over the last decade.

They are feared decoys because they are running good straight lines at the right time and the first man gets hit often enough to not ignore them.

The inside shoulder of defenders is worried they will get the ball and break through the line, not some lazy ass decoy running that was never going to receive the ball and it was all just for show to pass to a second man deep Brett play.

It is very Melb like how they are being drilled to run that hard line consistently without fail, if they don't do it the hook is feared.(you are not doing your simple uncomplicated job)

Yes the involvement has to increase and shoulder more workload but i think they are being told to keep it simple for now.

Most of the go forward as a percentage of total go forward is from the back 5 these days(for many many years now) just previously we had backrowers that contributed more in this department while at the moment they are both playing as a second option centre in attack.

The 26min spread is how i like my attacking structures set up, Green shortish and flat remaining central, a size forward AFB running straight keeping the inside defenders honest, then a short not overly deep second man play to DCE, Walker staying central lurking around DCE.

Winterstein running that hard straight line keeping another inside shoulder honest with Tom receiving the ball.(with the option to throw a face ball in front of Tom direct to Kelly which has been happening)

(Winterstein making the break against Canberra running a straight line also helped setup this play this week and he has received a few hospital passes in games for the greater good later on)

The ball players receiving the ball short, flat and central with space to put on an elaborate play is the key after a good go forward set--- too often the first receiver is too wide allowing the inside defence to slide and cramp up the tight corridor of predictable runners.

The other positive play i like is players are not in some autopilot mode with the spreads and looking off the inside shoulder as an option----been annoying me for years teams over look the lazy inside defenders like robots programmed to continue going wide.

Redzone attack still needs to improve but this is the hardest area to execute. Manly are more a general play off the back of go forward attack, once the redzone becomes clinical and composed then we will see Manly start racking 5 or more game winning streaks.
I knew we would finally agree on something one day. Maybe I was wrong about u never being an actual coach...haha.

I will say one thing...yes Siro and Winterstein are doing their jobs but in this day and age and with cap space to move, we can find someone who will do the same job and more.

The game plan will stay the same and the roles will stay the same but the player doing the role will be faster or smarter or busier than the two guys doing it right now.

We can keep the tactic but improve on who is implementing it!

Spot on TC. This team will come together eventually. There have been positive signs since round two. The style of play is starting assert itself and become second nature to the players.

I would have loved to have seen Jamie Buhrer play a role in one of those corridors with his speed and footwork. But he's injured for the knights and not for us.

All that remains now is some more consistent and informed interchange. So much is lost when Tapau and Lawrence go off. I would look at maybe starting AFB and then bringing Lussick and Lawrence on. Myles has a great settling impact and can be inserted when necessary, his defence is first rate but he doesn't make the metres out other props do. Ditch Brown and please give API a rest ten before the first half for Hastings to show what he can do.

Would be nice to have Jackson and Gillet in 11 and 12 but for this year Sirro and Frankenstein can do a job.

It's a rebuilding year.
Their workload and general go forward contributions have to increase eventually, especially with not much depth and quality size in the forward ranks at the moment.

Brown and Hastings both on the interchange is not a good mix, mind you we lack quality forward depth so easier said than done. Manly need more forward impact on the bench with only one jack of all trades player who fills in to either ease the workload on Api or when the back-line needs to be rearranged due to injury.

I knew we would finally agree on something one day. Maybe I was wrong about u never being an actual coach...haha.

I will say one thing...yes Siro and Winterstein are doing their jobs but in this day and age and with cap space to move, we can find someone who will do the same job and more.

The game plan will stay the same and the roles will stay the same but the player doing the role will be faster or smarter or busier than the two guys doing it right now.

We can keep the tactic but improve on who is implementing it!
Eventually you will get promoted from just making up the numbers in the players dugout, decked out in full official gear and looking all so important to the groupie fans surrounding the players entrance, to a keyboard coach supporting role on minimal pay, but still a long way to go----keep up the analysis.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8