Furner blasts officials after Manly loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It looked far worse live than on replay. My first thought was it was forward a mile but the replay showed it was much closer than that.

Whilst I dont give a flying f@rk about Canberra and Furner...The quality of refereeing is worst than ever before and weve seen the other side of it all too many times.

How can Harrigan and Raper still have a job

Just looking at the replay. Could Lyon have been awarded a penalty try because of the hold back of DCE? Or had DCE scored, would he have been awarded a penalty try?

And how bad are these 2 knob jockeys controlling the souths game.....f@rk me

DSM5 said:
Just looking at the replay. Could Lyon have been awarded a penalty try because of the hold back of DCE? Or had DCE scored, would he have been awarded a penalty try?

Had Lyon not been able to score and Canberra had put killed the play, a penalty try would have been awarded to Manly because DCE would have scored had he not been held back or pulled out of the play by Croker

Sea Eagles Rock U said:
Has anyone seen a good replay of Lussicks pass to Choc? I was almost in line with it in the Jane Try Stand and it looked at worst parrallel with the line markings. Not forward. I couldn't get a good look at the replay so was wondering if I was right or just getting old and blind.

It was forward, on TV it looked like it went about 1m forward

Daniel said:
It was forward, on TV it looked like it went about 1m forward

But not as forward as Jim Dymock's round the player pass in the '95 GF!

It was forward,

if you are too one-eyed and have any doubt just imagine the scores to be Manly 12 v Storm 10 in GF one minute to go.

Now imagine Lussick is Hoffman, and Watmough is Slater.

Would you be happy to lose the premiership on a pass like that.

Canberra to appeal $10,000 penalty over Furner's comments on referees

CANBERRA will appeal against the $10,000 breach notice served by the ARL Commission following coach David Furner's criticism of the referees in Sunday's 18-12 NRL loss to Manly.

Furner confirmed yesterday he would fight the fine, saying at no point had he intended to question the integrity of referees Jared Maxwell and Tony de las Heras.

"We're definitely going to appeal it," Furner said. "I certainly thought on the day what my belief was. I expressed that in the press conference, so that's where I'll leave it."

Furner was furious following the loss at Brookvale Oval after his side was on the wrong end of an 8-3 penalty count. "What I look at is the overall penalty count -- 8-3 -- now we're not nearly a three times worse side in discipline than Manly," Furner said after the game. "I don't think anybody expected us to come here and win. Maybe not them (the referees)."

But when asked if he had questioned the integrity of the referees, Furner responded: "No, and I said no to that question when asked."

More @ http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/canberra-to-appeal-10000-penalty-over-furners-comments-on-referees/story-fnca0von-1226350228115

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6