Gallen set to Re-sign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Could be but we were chasing Simpson and Creagh last year so I think its more to do with finding a quality lock not a replacement for Beaver.

As we didn't sign a replacement for BK this year and with beaver apparantly set to retire at the end of this year we should be in the hunt for 2 backrowers for 2008. Gallen and O'Donnell?

Sharks circle Fa'alogo as Gallen and Tuqiri keep Stuart waiting

Glenn Jackson
March 3, 2007

WHILE South Sydney's hopes of securing Lote Tuqiri appear to be increasing, their chances of holding onto incumbent star David Fa'alogo have nosedived slightly, with Cronulla coach Ricky Stuart set to make a play for the Rabbitohs' Kiwi international lock.

Continuing rugby league's pre-season musical chairs, the back-rower's manager, Gavin Orr, met Stuart just hours after the Rabbitohs offered Fa'alogo a new three-year deal to stay at the club.

With Paul Gallen yet to decide whether he will remain at Cronulla or accept an offer to join Manly, Stuart has been forced to implement a plan B, saying he was keen to sign Fa'alogo should Gallen walk.

Stuart coached the Australian team in the Tri-Nations last year against a New Zealand outfit which included the 26-year-old Souths player, and admitted he was an admirer. "I think he's a good player, I really do," Stuart said. "He's an international player, and a real handful."

Stuart said he was hoping to have an answer from Gallen about his future early next week, but he made it clear Fa'alogo would not be an option should his incumbent lock stay at the club.

Orr said: "Ricky was very impressed with him. But it comes down to what happens with Paul Gallen."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/sharks-circle-faalogo-as-gallen-and-tuqiri-keep-stuart-waiting/2007/03/02/1172338882266.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

So we should have a decision before the season starts, it's a good sign that Stuart is already looking for a replacement.

Watmough and Gallen are cut from the same cloth - small nuggets with a workrate.

I'd rather see someone with a bit of size and ball-playing ability.

Watmough and Gallen are cut from the same cloth - small nuggets
with a workrate.

I'd rather see someone with a bit of size and ball-playing ability.

Everything reverts 2 food for matable - gallen is not comin 2 manly. Lote resign with aru 2morrow

ARU has given lote 3 dats 2 sign or will pull the deal. Also latest hot tip is Dwight Yorke will play 4 central coast next year in a legaue. Still turmoil at dragons - brown wants 2 sack wes, still issues with players. may resign b4 end of season. U heard it first - U get the news early, i tell u this is g8 info for some backyard website

I worked with a bloke who is now a full time recruit for the titan. He said tiquiri was going to GC.

Also earlier this week I was told by one of their sponsors makerting/sponsorship manager that he was well on his way to the team.

ARU has given lote 3 dats 2 sign or will pull the deal. Also latest hot tip is Dwight Yorke will play 4 central coast next year in a legaue. Still turmoil at dragons - brown wants 2 sack wes, still issues with players. may resign b4 end of season. U heard it first - U get the news early, i tell u this is g8 info for some backyard website

I gave u this info the day b4 it hit print (that is on Sat night 4 the dummies out there) - this was direct from the newsroom.

Gaziners injury has taken heat off brown 4 now, the more he is in rehab the less chance he has of stiring up sh*t with the players.

Latest news is: 4get gallen he will resign with sharks this week, outside chance of odonnell if moanahan goes to UK which is big chance - wigan r looking at hime closely. I will keep u informed of developements.

remeber u hear it first from Sherlock

[quote author=Sherlock]

I gave u this info the day b4 it hit print (that is on Sat night 4 the dummies out there) - this was direct from the newsroom.

Gaziners injury has taken heat off brown 4 now, the more he is in rehab the less chance he has of stiring up sh*t with the players.

Latest news is: 4get gallen he will resign with sharks this week, outside chance of odonnell if moanahan goes to UK which is big chance - wigan r looking at hime closely. I will keep u informed of developements.

remeber u hear it first from Sherlock

[/quote]

Im glad we hear it first , otherwise most of us wouldnt be able to read the illiterate crap that is spilling from your mouth.

Manly appear resigned to missing out on the signature of Cronulla backrower Paul Gallen, the NSW Origin star set to re-sign with the Sharks as early as Tuesday.

Gallen, currently nursing an ankle injury which will see him miss the opening round of the season, has been in negotiations with the Sea Eagles and the Sharks in the hope of having his future sorted out before the start of the NRL season.

His manager David Riolo said an announcement was imminent, an admission Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said didn't bode well for his club's chances of snaring the 25-year-old.

Mayer said the last time he had spoken to Riolo was last Wednesday.

"From what we've heard he's had a meeting with the Cronulla Leagues Club on Saturday," Mayer said.

"The fact that (an announcement is likely in) the next couple of days, the way it stands now the current club has the last say, so the fact there was a meeting on Saturday would tend to indicate to me Cronulla will keep him."

Riolo would not name which of the two clubs had won the race for Gallen's signature, preferring to keep his cards close to his chest.

"We'll have a decision Wednesday, maybe tomorrow," Riolo said.

"I've been talking to the clubs involved for quite a while ... and he wanted to know what he was doing before round one.

"It's really a race between two - we'll just see what happens there."

Another target for the Sea Eagles, who are still desperately searching for someone to fill the void left following Ben Kennedy's retirement last year, is North Queensland secondrower Luke O'Donnell.

O'Donnell's manager Wayne Beavis will meet with Cowboys boss Peter Parr next week.

"There's been no formal offer made yet," Parr said.

"Wayne and I have held off any discussions until we meet in person next week ... he'll have a formal proposal then."

Asked whether he thought an agreement could be reached as early as next week, Parr said: "I wouldn't have thought it'd be that early. It'll take a little while to sort out still."

Up to half a dozen clubs including the Cowboys are believed to be interested in securing O'Donnell's signature, though there are no firm offers yet to be tabled.

"He's 27 at the end of this year so it's an important contract for him," Beavis said.

"They've been very good about it, the Cowboys. They haven't been aggressive towards us so we're just going to do the right thing by them and I'm going to meet them later in the month."

Meanwhile, Newcastle officials have denied the club considered taking any action against skipper Andrew Johns for taking part in a charity touch football tournament on the Gold Coast.

His involvement came less than 24 hours after his being ruled out of the Knights trial match against Cronulla with a hamstring injury.

Football manager Steve Crowe said Johns had the club's blessing in making the trip.

"There were no problems at all from anyone at the club," Crowe said.

Johns is rated touch and go for the Knights round one encounter against the Bulldogs at EnergyAustralia Stadium.

Source: AAP

Manly appear resigned to missing out on the signature of Cronulla backrower Paul Gallen, the NSW Origin star set to re-sign with the Sharks as early as Tuesday.

Source: AAP

When will u fools respect me - I have been telling u this for over a week now. Once again u get the news b4 it appears in the papers.

A simple thank u will suffice occassionally

****lock why don't you go back to massaging choc's groin because we need him fit for the first game against the raiders. Dipstick.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6