Gallop and Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well said!

****s me how the modern football team is suppose to be just like maccas franchises with only the location changing not the product.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I think the 8.30 start was the killer blow for a lot of fans. Afternoon or early evening it might have been almost doubled.

This and the crap weather but the poor judgement by Gallop can't be excused.

Fair dinkum, if the Broncos win, we should petition to get the game moved to Brookie. Why do the other team have the possibility of playing a grand final qualifier at their home ground, but we don't?

23,000 at Brookie is a far better spectacle than a half or quarter full SFS grand final qualifier.

Fair enough, that the game stays at SFS if we play the Dragons but I can't imagine that 20,000 Bronco fans will fly down for a semi.

WAMF said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
I think the 8.30 start was the killer blow for a lot of fans. Afternoon or early evening it might have been almost doubled.

This and the crap weather but the poor judgement by Gallop can't be excused.

I agree that Gallop and the NRL stuffed up by not having it at Brookie and the 8.30 timeslot. However after driving down from the Central Coast I was bitterly dissapointed in the crowd. There was no more than 10,000 there. I was embarrased for our club and we are kidding ourselves re brooky redevelopment and getting more corporate support if if thats the best we as supporters can do. We will be the laughing stock of the league if we get another poor crowd in 2 weeks time so lets pack the joint out and stick it up em.

I know a Tiger's fan who went to ANZ and, even with 45,000 there, said the atmosphere and the view was ordinary.
The NRL is claiming this crowd was a success, but it should have been played at a fully sold out SFS.
ANZ is crap unless full, or close to full.

I still don't get this.

"The decision re the home finals was agreed by all clubs because you couldn't have a situation where higher drawing Sydney teams were penalised and the lower drawing teams retained the home venue,"

What is he trying to say? What scenario would have a lower drawing team retain the home venue (apart from the one we are ****ing in now).

Crowds up after the Brookie brawl? Surprise, surprise.

NRL’s home final policy backfires
The moment the NRL were aware that Manly and North Queensland were set to contest last Saturday’s rugby league ‘second-placed versus seventh-placed’ play-off match, they should have scheduled the game for Brookvale Oval...
http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/09/12/nrls-home-final-policy-backfires/

CussCuss said:
I still don't get this.

"The decision re the home finals was agreed by all clubs because you couldn't have a situation where higher drawing Sydney teams were penalised and the lower drawing teams retained the home venue,"

I don;t get it either. I think it means that if you are a Sydney club and finish top four then unless your home ground is the SFS or ANZ then you don;t count.

Not only do regional teams get an advantage in week one, but they get it in week three, with Brisbane and Melbourne both playing home matches AGAIN.

Geeze. We're only asking for the first week's match to be played at Brookie. We don't expect future weeks - but Melbourne and Brisbane gets it.

I remember the days when all finals matches were at major stadiums. No big deal. You have to win at major grounds to win the comp. I do think however that its unfair on the Sydney teams not to get a home ground final when all non Sydney teams get the chance. All the clubs voted for what we got so its not really Gallops fault (yes i know he has many). It would be good to see the NRL help push our barrow for a ground upgrade though. It would go a long way to help heal the wounds.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2