GAME DAY - Manly v Titans [Round 18, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we beat the Tits by 13 or more on Monday night we'll actually move above them to 13th on the ladder on F/A :D

Geez that sounds sad after round 18.....lol

• 11 Jul 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Jon Geddes
200 up but no plan for Lyon to pack it in

AS JAMIE Lyon prepares to play his 200th game for the Sea Eagles against Gold Coast on Monday, the Manly skipper has hinted that he could play beyond next season when his current contract expires.

getimage.aspx

“Obviously it is a massive part of my life, I have been here for quite a few years now and played quite a few games,” he said.

“l’ve definitely got next year so who knows, I might sign for another year after that.

“There is still a lot of time between now and then, but that is the game plan to play as long as I can.”

The 200 game milestone following on from another 70 with Parramatta, does mean something to Lyon.

“I guess I can be proud of it, it’s a tough game, it’s a hard slog and to put your body through it every week is a tough ask — but it is one I enjoy,” he said.

While he has been through some turbulent times at Manly, the champion centre said he was still happy at the club he has called home for the past nine years.

“I’ve still got a lot of good mates and obviously lost a few good mates that have played a long time here as well,” he said.

He also admitted it has been a frustrating season missing games with niggling injuries.

Lyon made his comeback from a hamstring injury against Cronulla last Sunday and believes he will be better for the run against the Titans at CBUS Stadium.

“It’s good to be back now and hopefully I can play the rest of the season out,” he said. “We are still confident we can make a little bit of run and hopefully get in there and make the top eight,” he said.

You are 100% correct, a Friday night in NZ, Chechins first grade debut and in refs call ( chechin) the warriors were awarded a try when the ball was grounded well short of the tryline givingt he warriors victory, I've never forgiven that bastard and he seems to do all he can to bring about our demise every time he refs us.
Who were the refs in the 2011 GF?

More lols, froms titans forum

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Titan4Life
Our fans on FaceBook are planning to turn their backs (literally) on Daly and stay completely silent when Manly run on the field. Thoughts?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Titan4Life
My only issue is that the Manly fans will be cheering and there will be a lot of them there. It could work but maybe the old fashioned booing would be better.
It won't work.........all that we will hear is cheering. (as per usual with our fickle crowd) It won't achieve anything.

Delusions of fans who didn't have a viable Club till the NRL took over due to Chez.

LG tripled his income due to Chez as well.

Hope Chez shows them what they will continue to be missing :D

Ha fans turning their back, all 14 of them, gee that's going to make some sort of impact isn't it??

Manly fans will out number them at least 4 or 5 to 1!

Joke of a club!!

Titans fans urged not to booo DCE.
www.goldcoastbulliten.com

DALY Cherry-Evans’ first coach has warned Gold Coast fans to boo him at their peril as Manly’s $10 million man prepares for his grudge match with the Titans.

Cherry-Evans will be public enemy No.1 when he runs onto Cbus Super Stadium on Monday night — exactly 40 days after he sensationally reneged on his $4 million deal with the Titans.

Titans mentor Neil Henry said he held no ill-will towards Cherry-Evans, but many Coast fans will be less forgiving after the Manly ace’s bombshell left the club’s recruitment plans in tatters.

Touted as Queensland’s next captain, Cherry-Evans was given a public roasting last month when Broncos fans incessantly booed him, 48 hours after he backflipped on the Titans.
Cherry-Evans could deal a near terminal blow to the Titans’ finals hopes, but the man who helped launch his NRL career admits a vitriolic reception could play into his hands.

“The more they boo him, the more it will motivate him,” said Craig Ingebrigtsen, the Easts Tigers coach who mentored Cherry-Evans as a 17-year-old at Wests Panthers.

“Daly will just turn up to work and do his job. He is the mentally toughest player I have seen and he doesn’t care where he plays, he will run out there and do the job professionally.

“Whatever has happened with the Titans has happened. In Daly’s eyes, he just makes sure he ticks the right boxes for his family and he will get the job done.

“Ever since I’ve known Daly, he has been a winner. I don’t know where he gets his mental toughness but even as a kid he wanted to be the best he could be.

“Daly is simply uncompromising, nothing fazes him ... nothing the Titans fans will do will put him off his game.”

While Henry is getting on with business, privately there are elements at the Titans who remain filthy on Cherry-Evans for failing to honour his word.

The backflip has had a seismic impact on the Titans’ recruitment-and-retention strategy. The club was prepared to lose Aidan Sezer to Canberra and when Cherry-Evans opted to stay at Manly, it was too late to prise the classy pivot from the Raiders.
Henry admits he is now scrambling to find a halves partner for Kane Elgey next season, but says there is no point being bitter towards Cherry-Evans.

“If the crowd makes a bit more noise, that’s good. I’m not too fussed about it,” he said.

“I’m not even thinking about it, it’s done and dusted for me. I haven’t lost any sleep over it. Daly made the call and at the time he went through the right channels.

“I knew. He spoke to me personally, so I haven’t got a problem with him.

“It did have ramifications for our recruitment, there’s no doubt about that. Our offer to Aidan Sezer would have been changed.

“Missing out on Daly affects your numbers with recruitment because it was such a substantial sum in our cap, so we have to get our recruitment right.

“The players aren’t too concerned, they will get on with playing footy, there’s no reason for them to fire up.

“There might be a bit of banter with the crowd, but I’ve accepted what’s happened.

“Daly has chosen to stay at Manly, they made an attractive offer to keep him, and now we have to look forward.”

Hand of Foz myth, now DCE 10 million dollar man myth :cool:

Chez has 6 years plus a 2 year option.

By 2023 there will be a few Players who would have accumulated 10 million over the previous 8 years :mad:

If we win we will be 4 points clear of the spoon.

I don't know why the NRL website or app does this but they haven't awarded the Tigers their 2 points for the bye yet and they won't do so until after the final game of this round.

A win on Monday only puts us 2 points clear of last place.

Ladder
TEAM P W L D +/- PTS

Brisbane Broncos
16 13 3 0 30
North Queensland Cowboys
16 12 4 0 28
Sydney Roosters
16 10 6 0 24
Warriors
16 9 7 0 22
South Sydney Rabbitohs
16 9 7 0 22
Melbourne Storm
16 8 8 0 20
St George-Illawarra Dragons
16 8 8 0 20
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
16 8 8 0 20
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
16 8 8 0 20
Canberra Raiders
16 7 9 0 18
Penrith Panthers
16 7 9 0 18
Parramatta Eels
16 7 9 0 18
Gold Coast Titans
15 6 9 0 16
Wests Tigers
16 5 11 0 14
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
15 5 10 0 14
Newcastle Knights
16 5 11 0 14

If Manly win big, we jump to lucky 13th just 2 wins from the 8 :)

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8