Game Management

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I've had time to calm down and digest the result of todays game.

The team did so much right, played so smart and times and so dumb at other times.

All the hard work of the first half was undone by a pushed pass right on half time and the intercept killed the good work. Why on earth were we chasing points when the solution was to get to the end of your set and go in with a healthy lead.

The last 2 minutes again came from what is a constant source of irritation that our team struggles to deal with attacking kicks and the error leads to a try at the death.

Both these situation were all about us managing and controlling the game.

The penalty against Aloiai was harsh but under current rules justified. It should never have come to this. Johnson was long odds to kick the field goal.

When I look back at the entire game. We gave up try 1 on the back of our winger out of position playing at a ball that is certain to go out.

The errors were crucial in the wash up an the lack of awareness and game management foiled what would have been a fantastic win.

This is a pattern that also occurred at Parramatta, you cannot give up 14-0 and 16-0 leads, it is a stern lesson for the team and we must get better at managing games as so far its cost us 3 points so far this season!

This is going to be unpopular.....but..

The momentum late in the 1st half changed drastically when Cherry kicked across field with no chasers, instead of playing the % and going down the closest sideline.

Warriors made a break, and scored their first try shortly after.

This one piece of poor game management completely changed the game, as is the Cherry way.

Despite his obvious 100% effort, leading the team, usually brilliant kicking game, he can at times be a very very poor game manager, despite his vast experience.

It's quite fustrating tbh.....and don't get me started on the 3rd tackle attacking kick early in the 2nd half.

The momentum late in the 1st half changed drastically when Cherry kicked across field with no chasers, instead of playing the % and going down the closest sideline.

This one piece of poor game management completely changed the game, as is the Cherry way.

Despite his obvious 100% effort, leading the team, usually brilliant kicking game, he can at times be a very very poor game manager, despite his vast experience.

It's quite fustrating tbh.....and don't get me started on the 3rd tackle attacking kick early in the 2nd half.
This.

As a team we still need practice, improving to do on game management in a tight one.

Guac penalty for laying on a player stood out to me. When there's not long on the clock and we are in front by a bit have em down their end and we defending well.

Guac seems to have a habit of just holding down that little to long.

I'm starting to think he one that just doesn't enjoy that defending pressure.

The team did so much right, played so smart and times and so dumb at other times.

All the hard work of the first half was undone by a pushed pass right on half time and the intercept killed the good work. Why on earth were we chasing points when the solution was to get to the end of your set and go in with a healthy lead.

The last 2 minutes again came from what is a constant source of irritation that our team struggles to deal with attacking kicks and the error leads to a try at the death.

The penalty against Aloiai was harsh but under current rules justified. It should never have come to this. Johnson was long odds to kick the field goal.

When I look back at the entire game. We gave up try 1 on the back of our winger out of position playing at a ball that is certain to go out.

The errors were crucial in the wash up an the lack of awareness and game management foiled what would have been a fantastic win.

This is a pattern that also occurred at Parramatta, you cannot give up 14-0 and 16-0 leads, it is a stern lesson for the team and we must get better at managing games as so far its cost us 3 points so far this season!

The intercept that Brooks threw with under a minute left before half time was a killer as well.

SJ did the same for them and kicked early when they had us pinned. This gave us a seven tackle set that should have sealed it.

Halfbacks aren’t perfect, and the more creative skillful ones will take the wrong options 1/10 times. It frustrates us fans more than anyone.

We were never headed in a match that lasted 90 minutes.
It's a strange beast now RL. Johnson kicks Al, falls down and feigns injury and The Bunker rewards him and his team with a gift penalty to take the match into golden point.
The Bunker has so many ways to manipulate a result that RL must surely now be the easiest sport to corrupt.

They gave away a penalty, not a line break. But yes, I asked myself why he kicked into a space where there were no chasers, leaving us vulnerable. In many ways, that led to the penalty because we tried to slow them down to help the staggered line get set.

Well, AFB ran into DCEs leg at the end of GP1. Not sure why we didnt get that penalty?
1713015887358.png

We were never headed in a match that lasted 90 minutes.
It's a strange beast now RL. Johnson kicks Al, falls down and feigns injury and The Bunker rewards him and his team with a gift penalty to take the match into golden point.
The Bunker has so many ways to manipulate a result that RL must surely now be the easiest sport to corrupt.
The name I seem to be hearing whether he’s on the field or in the bunker is Chris Butler. Even the commentators are starting to pick him out. Keep an eye on this corrupt bastard.

I agree with most of this except the Talau touch over the side line.

As I said in another thread the head on replay shows DWZ right in his pocket with the ball at catchable height. He played the high percentage play.

I agree with most of this except the Talau touch over the side line.

As I said in another thread the head on replay shows DWZ right in his pocket with the ball at catchable height. He played the high percentage play.
Yep,I agree.Any criticism of Talau in that situation is ridiculous.He was left alone out wide by a considerable distance and had to back peddle to get to the ball,so would have had no chance of out jumping DWZ.Talau would not have had much of an idea where the touch line was and didn’t take the risk.

The intercept that Brooks threw with under a minute left before half time was a killer as well.
That wasn't needed especially with the clock ticking down on the 1st half. The issue I find with Manly is we over attack which is great during the game but when it comes to running down the clock we are still trying to attack. Both DCE and Brooks are genuine attacking players but need to learn to kerb that instinct at certain points of the game.

Well, AFB ran into DCEs leg at the end of GP1. Not sure why we didnt get that penalty?View attachment 26649
Because the nrl continues with this joke bunker that picks and chooses incidents to rule on only when it comes to scoring outcomes. There'll be a hundred incidents the same as Johnson's academy award milking that will go unseen and unpunished. The bunker needs to fukoff for anything other than grounding for tries. It's turned the game into a farce.

As a team we still need practice, improving to do on game management in a tight one.

Guac penalty for laying on a player stood out to me. When there's not long on the clock and we are in front by a bit have em down their end and we defending well.

Guac seems to have a habit of just holding down that little to long.

I'm starting to think he one that just doesn't enjoy that defending pressure.

Yeah I was screaming at the TV. He lay on him for an age. 🤬

mate go back and watch them run at him and he is old and slow and we were on the back foot
It’s still ridiculous that his presence changed the game , you are blinded by your hatred.

He did an adequate job for 7 minutes & you don’t think a debutant from reserve grade wouldn’t have been targeted too??

He didn’t make a single mistake , never missed a tackle.

Is he a top class forward who dominates the game , of course not , but for $110k a year , sitting in reserve grade , that’ll maybe play a few 10 minute stints when others are injured , he’s value for money.

And its not like there’s a heap of the Reggie forwards who are jumping out of their skins to make a debut , from what I saw yesterday they aren’t bad reserve graders , but that’s all .

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8