Game Management

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s still ridiculous that his presence changed the game , you are blinded by your hatred.

He did an adequate job for 7 minutes & you don’t think a debutant from reserve grade wouldn’t have been targeted too??

He didn’t make a single mistake , never missed a tackle.

Is he a top class forward who dominates the game , of course not , but for $110k a year , sitting in reserve grade , that’ll maybe play a few 10 minute stints when others are injured , he’s value for money.

And its not like there’s a heap of the Reggie forwards who are jumping out of their skins to make a debut , from what I saw yesterday they aren’t bad reserve graders , but that’s all .
I agree that he did not adversely impact on the result yesterday but geez its embarrassing that he is the best we can find at 110k a year. I almost died of shock when I saw him listed to play. The guy is a fossil and it's ridiculous that we kept him on our books. I remember when he was at the Sharks in 21', thinking he should retire. Then he went to Saints and I laughed at his signature. When he turned up at Manly, I almost had a heart attack. Then I heard he was being cut loose for this year, and I breathed a sigh of relief. Then I went back into cardiac arrest when he given a train and trial. Then I was told not to stress, because he probably wouldn't get a game. So you can image how close I was clinging to life when he ran out yesterday...

All jokes aside Mark, I take your point :)

It’s still ridiculous that his presence changed the game , you are blinded by your hatred.

He did an adequate job for 7 minutes & you don’t think a debutant from reserve grade wouldn’t have been targeted too??

Is he a top class forward who dominates the game , of course not , but for $110k a year , sitting in reserve grade , that’ll maybe play a few 10 minute stints when others are injured , he’s value for money.

And its not like there’s a heap of the Reggie forwards who are jumping out of their skins to make a debut , from what I saw yesterday they aren’t bad reserve graders , but that’s all .
ok

As a team we still need practice, improving to do on game management in a tight one.

Guac penalty for laying on a player stood out to me. When there's not long on the clock and we are in front by a bit have em down their end and we defending well.

Guac seems to have a habit of just holding down that little to long.

I'm starting to think he one that just doesn't enjoy that defending pressure.
There were a dozen penalties the ref could have blown against Jake, Ola and Waddell all game. I though the ref was really good and kept the game flowing.

What bothers me, and this applies to the NRL as a whole (and not a particular bias against Manly seen in the Greenturd days) is that as soon as a team dominates, the mandate to the refs is to blow those penalties for the losing team to get them back into the game. It’s annoying, and silly. I could just feel at 16-0 the shift and sure enough a timely penalty to the Woz happened.
They know it’s wrong because in Origin and Grand Finals this is not done because of the repercussions.

Anyway, it is what it is, and the draw point was the most important thing. We are always poor with F/A so this takes that away.

Let’s not take away what an incredibly courageous performance this was from the whole team. To me it felt like a win.

NYEagle

There were a dozen penalties the ref could have blown against Jake, Ola and Waddell all game. I though the ref was really good and kept the game flowing.

What bothers me, and this applies to the NRL as a whole (and not a particular bias against Manly seen in the Greenturd days) is that as soon as a team dominates, the mandate to the refs is to blow those penalties for the losing team to get them back into the game. It’s annoying, and silly. I could just feel at 16-0 the shift and sure enough a timely penalty to the Woz happened.
They know it’s wrong because in Origin and Grand Finals this is not done because of the repercussions.

Anyway, it is what it is, and the draw point was the most important thing. We are always poor with F/A so this takes that away.

Let’s not take away what an incredibly courageous performance this was from the whole team. To me it felt like a win.

NYEagle
You watch , it’s every game.

It’s like we can’t let a better side get on top , they have to be brought down.

Now , top sides will still win games , but this is about making the game more entertaining ( for the broadcasters ).

Referees are not officiating the NRL round matches like the two we saw in Vegas. They were obviously told to let the game flow, and only rule penalties for the most obvious infringement. I was hopeful that it signalled a new approach to sensible officiating where the best team would win. But no.
I was also hopeful that last week's knock-back ruling would mean not every dropped ball goes forward. Again my hope was in vain. The matches I've watched this weekend have reverted to nothing mishandled ever goes backwards.
Why do we still have knock-backs in the rules? The NRL changes rules willy-nilly. We not change the laws to every time a ball is mishandled it is an error. That's the way our sport is being refereed now, sadly.

Referees are not officiating the NRL round matches like the two we saw in Vegas. They were obviously told to let the game flow, and only rule penalties for the most obvious infringement. I was hopeful that it signalled a new approach to sensible officiating where the best team would win. But no.
I was also hopeful that last week's knock-back ruling would mean not every dropped ball goes forward. Again my hope was in vain. The matches I've watched this weekend have reverted to nothing mishandled ever goes backwards.
Why do we still have knock-backs in the rules? The NRL changes rules willy-nilly. We not change the laws to every time a ball is mishandled it is an error. That's the way our sport is being refereed now, sadly.
Why can't we have, it's only a knock on if the ball hits the turf in front of you. And bobbles are fine if you regather the ball as long as it doesn't touch the turf in front of you.

Its easy to be an armchair critique. The game happens so fast that players do their best. Yes, the Luke Brooks intercept destroyed what we built by going 16-0. I felt gutted when SJ missed the long range field goal (you beauty, we won i thought) but that brief moment of elation was ripped from me and SJ was given a penalty. why that was a penalty I could never understand. aloai basically just brushed SJ's boot, then SJ was grimacing on the ground soccer style. That was the moment that P@ss&d me off.

Its easy to be an armchair critique. The game happens so fast that players do their best. Yes, the Luke Brooks intercept destroyed what we built by going 16-0. I felt gutted when SJ missed the long range field goal (you beauty, we won i thought) but that brief moment of elation was ripped from me and SJ was given a penalty. why that was a penalty I could never understand. aloai basically just brushed SJ's boot, then SJ was grimacing on the ground soccer style. That was the moment that P@ss&d me off.
Academy award performance right there

Watch his attempted tackle on Barnett for that SJ try that brought the Wahs within 6. He fell over, dropping off the ball and down around Barnett’s legs. That allowed Barnett to offload to SJ, whom went on to score. It was horrible horrible defence (especially for such a fresh player with his experience).

That said, I agree he certainly doesn’t deserve the blame and vindictiveness he copped for the result of that game. I was more disappointed in other players, including senior players with far more talent.

If we want to win this competition I believe game management and discipline are key. Discipline requires awareness of consequences. This is a tight comp and not much separates the teams. The side needs to focus on building pressure and not taking unnecessary risks.

Well, AFB ran into DCEs leg at the end of GP1. Not sure why we didnt get that penalty?View attachment 26649
This needs to be sent to someone in the media. I get that it’s a penalty for coming into contact with the kickers legs, but they have to be consistent.

If DCE lays down on the ground clutching at his knee, would the ref have blown a penalty??

I believe that DCE as captain and game manager needs to improve with his kicking. The display against the tits was probably one of his worst. Most of the kicks provided no pressure on the opposition. Hardly any were contested. I also do not like the ploy of kicking early in the tackle count which gifts the opposition possession, based on the premise that we use our D to keep them held back in their half. Our D is no where near good enough for this tactic. For instance after DCE kicked early in the tackle count when we were on a roll after leading 10-0 , the tits ended up carrying the ball 59 metres. not an effective tactic.

possession is key in this modern game and we are more dangerous with the ball than without it. So it frustrates me when we 'gift' possession to the other side.

I believe that DCE as captain and game manager needs to improve with his kicking. The display against the tits was probably one of his worst. Most of the kicks provided no pressure on the opposition. Hardly any were contested. I also do not like the ploy of kicking early in the tackle count which gifts the opposition possession, based on the premise that we use our D to keep them held back in their half. Our D is no where near good enough for this tactic. For instance after DCE kicked early in the tackle count when we were on a roll after leading 10-0 , the tits ended up carrying the ball 59 metres. not an effective tactic.

possession is key in this modern game and we are more dangerous with the ball than without it. So it frustrates me when we 'gift' possession to the other side.
Yeah, not one of his better kicking games yesterday. Three bombs caught in goal with zero pressure to concede 7 tackle sets… and nowhere near enough contests, especially for our high ball weapons of Turbo, Saab and even Haumole. Those examples are just poor execution, and he had plenty of time to get those kicks right.

Unfortunately, composure and game management has never been DCE’s strength. When you combine this with the poor execution it adds up to a bit of a horror kicking game for him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8