[Resurrected] Garrick 1 of Most improved in NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
On a positive tonight, Garrick again, was outstanding
I used to be worried about him dropping the ball in contact, getting driven back and in general....thought he was a decent fill in at best
The past 2 years he has played some damn good footy
The Garrick today usually wins quick play balls and fights for extra metres, makes minimal mistakes, is a great all round athlete and a player who has really won my respect
Has filled in admirably for Tom T and is a quality bloke to boot - no BS and a great role model as a Manly player
He competes hard and again against Sharks down 32 - 0 was a big part of the fight back with great positioning, carried and even his passing game has evolved - he is pretty much the complete player now and a damn good player

Said it previously and last year as well, Garrick would be a starting fb in half the nrl teams these days and with his kicking be commanding good coin. Would not surprise me at all if other clubs start offering him good $$ for a starting fb gig and he’s gone at the end of this season. I mean Ponga is on over a million a year! Fair go would Reubs be in a third of that? Probably less.

Has been fantastic at the back this year, wish he could find a pass though we had them stripped a few times.

Vey handy backup and a great winger and he is now a mostly great goal kicker

Looked injured tonight, hope not, we need him

I used to be worried about him dropping the ball in contact, getting driven back and in general....thought he was a decent fill in at best
The Garrick today usually wins quick play balls and fights for extra metres, makes minimal mistakes, is a great all round athlete and a player who has really won my respect
Has filled in admirably for Tom T and is a quality bloke to boot - no BS and a great role model as a Manly player
He competes hard and again against Sharks down 32 - 0 was a big part of the fight back with great positioning, carried and even his passing game has evolved - he is pretty much the complete player now and a damn good player
Agree 100% Maxta, we're very fortunate to have him, I've really enjoyed watching his progress over the past two years particularly after his poor 2nd season but with maturity has come improvement beyond what I expected, I hope he stays an Eagle for life

Has been fantastic at the back this year, wish he could find a pass though we had them stripped a few times.

Vey handy backup and a great winger and he is now a mostly great goal kicker

Looked injured tonight, hope not, we need him

He couldn't stretch out properly, that much was obvious. But be was still our best out there tonight along with Foran and Parker. He gave a whole hearted effort as usual.

He's gone from being rag dolled every time he runs the ball into the line, to someone who's making ground and making breaks.

Seriously, when fully fit Reuben Garrick wouldn't look out of place in a sky blue jumper representing his state.....

Said it previously and last year as well, Garrick would be a starting fb in half the nrl teams these days and with his kicking be commanding good coin. Would not surprise me at all if other clubs start offering him good $$ for a starting fb gig and he’s gone at the end of this season. I mean Ponga is on over a million a year! Fair go would Reubs be in a third of that? Probably less.

He's a point scoring machine on the wing, so no chance I'm moving him unless required haha.

He's improved so much as a fullback. Obviously not trying to put out any ideas haha, this is totally a hypothetical, but just imagine if he was a full-time fullback and just progressively worked on his game and gained experience at that spot. Add that he's an elite goal-kicker. I think what he really needs to work on to be next level in this position would be his movement, footwork, and his running style. He's already like a Dylan Edwards, his ceiling would be so high. I'm very happy to have him as our fullback backup.

And yet we all wanted to lynch him in his second year. He was shocking most of the year but the club persisted and now that faith has paid off....

Is there a lesson to be learnt 🤔 at all? Saab? Perhaps we should lay off a bit and wait for him to get some swagger back.....

And to think that in last years pre-season, a number of Manly fans wanted Garrick traded back to St Merge.....
Yep.. I was one of them. Glad to be proven wrong. But I still stand by the idea that we cannot carry both Garrick and Saab on the wings. The rules have changed again.. we need one strong ball runner coming out of yardage. Tuipolotu should takes Saab's spot

And to think that in last years pre-season, a number of Manly fans wanted Garrick traded back to St Merge.....
I was one but he has really improved in all aspects...
his toughness is the bit I am most impressed with - there was a point where he would not take the hard contact going for the corner try and he was constantly losing ground post-contact in his hit-ups but not now...
Very impressed with sandwich's progression and agree that we actually will have trouble retaining him now...

Garrick is a quiet achiever and he has really stepped up to the plate and finally we have an adequate cover for Tommy Turbo. What is impressive is he has improved his strength and now consistently bends the line when he attacks. Its great to see and this improvement really solves a problem we have.

I’ll eat humble pie on this one. I was never a huge fan but he has won me over. Very solid player now and one of our most consistent. His goal kicking has taking a leap as well.

Well done Mr Garrick.

I was one but he has really improved in all aspects...
his toughness is the bit I am most impressed with - there was a point where he would not take the hard contact going for the corner try and he was constantly losing ground post-contact in his hit-ups but not now...
Very impressed with sandwich's progression and agree that we actually will have trouble retaining him now...

Looks pretty happy. I think he will stick with us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8