Garrick + Suli vs Suli + walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll get crucified for this, but I have been really enjoying Elliot efforts in defence. Both him and turbo are injury prone due to their build and the way they put their bodies on the line but with both fit I'd steer to:

1. Elliot
2. Tafua
3. Walker
4. Turbo
5. Garrick
6. Croker/Cust
7. DCE
Yes you should be crucified for that. You just made "injury prone" "body on line" Turbo make 15x the tackles.

• 😆
Reactions: R3
Hurts my head to think about it. Definitely don’t want to drop Parker, or Garrick, or Elliott, or Walker, or George, or LG or Froggy or Cade, but definitely want to bring Turbo and Cherry in. Is that possible without dropping any of our great forwards?

We have an embarrassment of depth. So many players who wouldn’t see first grade at other clubs but at this time, at this club, under this coach, are important cogs in a dangerous football machine.

1. T. Trbojevic
  2. J. Taufua
  3. D. Walker
  4. B. Parker
  5. R. Garrick
  6. C. Cust / K. Elgey
  7. D. Cherry-Evans
  8. A. Fonua-blake
  9. A. Koroisau
  10. M. Taupau
  11. J. Thompson
  12. C. Sironen
  13. J. Trbojevic
——————————
14. M. Fainu
15. C. Waddell
16. J. Gojetski
17. M. Boyle

1. T. Trbojevic
  2. J. Taufua
  3. D. Walker
  4. B. Parker
  5. R. Garrick
  6. C. Cust / K. Elgey
  7. D. Cherry-Evans
  8. A. Fonua-blake
  9. A. Koroisau
  10. M. Taupau
  11. J. Thompson
  12. C. Sironen
  13. J. Trbojevic
——————————
14. M. Fainu
15. C. Waddell
16. J. Gojetski
17. M. Boyle
Elliot has to be given a spot. He's the reason we're coming 5th

I'll get crucified for this, but I have been really enjoying Elliot efforts in defence. Both him and turbo are injury prone due to their build and the way they put their bodies on the line but with both fit I'd steer to:

1. Elliot
2. Tafua
3. Walker
4. Turbo
5. Garrick
6. Croker/Cust
7. DCE
Yeah I agree actually. Elliott reminds me of snake in the way he weaves and manages miracle catches. Who says a centre can’t be your strongest weapon. One name, Latrell Mitchell, suggests otherwise. Trbo and Garrick would combine for one of the best edges in the comp, and would still be close enough to come toward the middle and support like he does. He would also keep more energy rather than running as much as a fullback does. As G.I showed, fullback for a large awkward shaped player prone to knee and leg injuries is not a stable journey.

Happy for him to come back as fullback but Elliott’s work has been notable in his absence

We have not seen the best of Suli

I think Suli is a keeper if his attitude has improved

You do not see Moses Suli getting man handled , he is a difficult man to tackle , look at his legs and upper body , attracts 3 defenders

Dylan walker gets rag dolled regularly , but he knows how to find the try line at the same time

Last edited:
Its amazing we now have depth with a good coach. I say currently that current centres start parker let no one down.
Elgey stays at 6 he getting better.
My concern as noted no depth up front.

I can see some merit in putting Turbo to centre at least for the short term, as theres less agility running and bending over for rolling balls which no doubt wouldn't help with his hamstring history.
However, we definitely lose a lot of spark keeping him confined to one corridor of the field.
I have nothing but praise for the way Elliot has performed, and if he had an extra yard of pace and ability to beat a defender and setup his outside men I would be all for it. But he doesn't..
The reason roosters have the luxury of Mitchell at centre is because they have Tedesco.

I can see some merit in putting Turbo to centre at least for the short term, as theres less agility running and bending over for rolling balls which no doubt wouldn't help with his hamstring history.
However, we definitely lose a lot of spark keeping him confined to one corridor of the field.
I have nothing but praise for the way Elliot has performed, and if he had an extra yard of pace and ability to beat a defender and setup his outside men I would be all for it. But he doesn't..
The reason roosters have the luxury of Mitchell at centre is because they have Tedesco.

Back the club on finding / developing a gun full back

Albert Hopoate / jade Anderson could be in the mix for fullback

A Star is born everyday just look at the storm new number 1 Ryan Papenhuzyn

Elliot has to be given a spot. He's the reason we're coming 5th
I don’t agree. He has proven a serviceable back up; however, people are ignoring his errors. Regardless, he is not going to push any of the others out of their spots. Garrick and Parker are going too well.

Also, those calling for Elliot to take Tom’s spot and put Tom in centre amazes me. Elliot cannot and will never offer the individual attacking brilliance and link role to the rest of the backline that Tom does. Defensive units panic when Tom is in the 1 jersey - we become a very dangerous side.
They (opposition teams) would much rather have Elliot at the back than Tom.

Our team is going well enough as a unit to be fifth; however, with Tom at the back and DCE in the 7, we are a genuine threat and can take the Roosters and Storm on our day.

Elliot will likely be in the side on and off throughout the year any way, as we are bound to have someone out at any given time.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree actually. Elliott reminds me of snake in the way he weaves and manages miracle catches. Who says a centre can’t be your strongest weapon. One name, Latrell Mitchell, suggests otherwise. Trbo and Garrick would combine for one of the best edges in the comp, and would still be close enough to come toward the middle and support like he does. He would also keep more energy rather than running as much as a fullback does. As G.I showed, fullback for a large awkward shaped player prone to knee and leg injuries is not a stable journey.

Happy for him to come back as fullback but Elliott’s work has been notable in his absence
1916 The Somme. A stream of in-coming machine gun fire kicks dust from the rim of the trench. Take a deep breath. Find a rung for your shaking foot. Here we go. Over the top.

I too think we should consider leaving Elliott at full back. Duck and cover. His positional play is probably a little better than Tom. He can get down to a skidding ball. His defence is sound. While no Snake he’s starting to chime in to the attacking structures.

Tom is a huge attacking weapon but what he does he can do just as well from centre. With the reduced work load Tom will probably last longer and he should have more energy in attack.

Scorpio would make a super sub at centre, wing or in the second row.

1916 The Somme. A stream of in-coming machine gun fire kicks dust from the rim of the trench. Take a deep breath. Find a rung for your shaking foot. Here we go. Over the top.

I too think we should consider leaving Elliott at full back. Duck and cover. His positional play is probably a little better than Tom. He can get down to a skidding ball. His defence is sound. While no Snake he’s starting to chime in to the attacking structures.

Tom is a huge attacking weapon but what he does he can do just as well from centre. With the reduced work load Tom will probably last longer and he should have more energy in attack.

Scorpio would make a super sub at centre, wing or in the second row.
Why is it everyone thinks Tom just cannot bend down, I mean FFS.

Its amazing we now have depth with a good coach. I say currently that current centres start parker let no one down.
Elgey stays at 6 he getting better.
My concern as noted no depth up front.

Good point .

We now have good depth because Des has brought out of the good of every one of our players

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8