Garricks performance at centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not his worst game today, I saw improvement defensively (quite an effort in that game)…

BUT a couple of his runs just highlighted for me why he is being wasted at centre - put him on the wing and get him early ball to burn…

He still let two tries in today. Not sure how anyone can call that an improvement.
One of them he had NO chance… there was NOBODY defending the inside player (who he tackled one-on-one)… it was a try no matter what sandwich did due to failures inside him…
But sure, blame him if it makes your point…

His best position is on the wing. He tries his heart out and I can’t fault him for his effort but he should be starting on the wing. He’s not the reason we’re losing but he’s not going to win us a game, playing where he is either.

Hate to say it, but it was almost good luck for Manly when Garrick went off with HIA

Ben T defends so much better than Garrick at centre.

I wonder what Spoony will do next week with Garrick out.
Ben T at right centre, Lawton or Duck left edge backrow and put Schuster on the pine would be my go..

Hate to say it, but it was almost good luck for Manly when Garrick went off with HIA

Ben T defends so much better than Garrick at centre.

I wonder what Spoony will do next week with Garrick out.
He had a good game today but that isn’t representative of the season in defence. Having said that I’d like to see Garrick on the wing again.

Garrick and our left side defence has looked shaky through the first few rounds. One game with Ben there and we suddenly looked far more solid defensively. Obviously we lose the pace and flair in attack, but like many, that’s why I say put Garrick on the wing. I don’t think BenT is necessarily the answer to centre long term, but certainly an option until we work out something better.

Garrick and our left side defence has looked shaky through the first few rounds. One game with Ben there and we suddenly looked far more solid defensively. Obviously we lose the pace and flair in attack, but like many, that’s why I say put Garrick on the wing. I don’t think BenT is necessarily the answer to centre long term, but certainly an option until we work out something better.
I think our left side attack with Garrick moving to the wing would be strengthened, Ben T deserves another crack at right centre he could be very good there for us.

May not have as much speed but he has the height and good hands, some footwork at the line.

I think our left side attack with Garrick moving to the wing would be strengthened, Ben T deserves another crack at right centre he could be very good there for us.

May not have as much speed but he has the height and good hands, some footwork at the line.
Interestingly, he actually reminds me of Parker in that position. Lacks pace and flair, but really solid and reliable. I think we can live with the downgrade in pace and flair when you have Garrick outside to add pace to the formula

Interestingly, he actually reminds me of Parker in that position. Lacks pace and flair, but really solid and reliable. I think we can live with the downgrade in pace and flair when you have Garrick outside to bring that quality.
For a bloke of his size he ain’t that slow, no where near Garrick’s pace but he can move.

Tago isn’t the quickest centre and does a good job there along with Jack Bird.

I am under the view he can build into the backrow by playing centre, developing an offload whilst filling out in size.

yes, like to see Reuben and Koula both on the wing.
Interesting. You’re suggesting Koula on the wing too? I’m not adverse to that idea as I’m yet to see anything that suggests that he is a pure centre (as opposed to just a footballer with pace who could slot in to other backline positions).

Burbo defended and performed well at centre. I want to see him back it up one more time against the Wahs before I believe it's the right option. It would make our wing situation more simpler if it does work out but we gotta take in account the domino effect which means Waddell will have to be our starting edge backrower.

Wads has definitely started off the season impressively, although do we think he's the long term option on that spot that can be apart of a premiership winning side?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8