General NRL chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When is the Olympics? August?

Maybe they are willing to sign him with him joining the squad straight after the Olympics.......seems crazy though
If the NRL approved, any team in contention would very happily add SBW to their squad during August.

So Roosters want SBW back this year apparently

And Jarryd Hayne apparently. Also acquired Knight from us I heard for 2017. I feel they need to include Mitchell Pearce in their cap. Is he being arrested? Have they actually torn up his contract?

They'll think because he's out of sight, his $$$ won't count, but they will. Alternatively, they need to completely tear up the guys contract.

The options the Roosters have - salary cap relief, SBW, Hayne, etc may determine the severity of the penalty imposed?

Charlie Taylor not being taken serious at the roosters. Burgess, SKD, Slaimankel, Joesph Manu, Tupou, Elliot all have the nod on him.
There is a strange member on this forum and others who talks him up like he is the next ET. Reminds me of Stromquist who certainly had a devoted fan base.

Charlie Taylor not being taken serious at the roosters. Burgess, SKD, Slaimankel, Joesph Manu, Tupou, Elliot all have the nod on him.
There is a strange member on this forum and others who talks him up like he is the next ET. Reminds me of Stromquist who certainly had a devoted fan base.
I think he would do well at nines

I think he would do well at nines
He is quick, granted but not sure he has the ability to beat a man one on one that is a more important facet in nines. He would need to have the space created for him and then try to finish. A number of the players chosen ahead of him, Mitchell, Manu, Elliott all have that ability.

I think the thing with Manly juniors is we tend to overrate them be it Stromquist, Taylor, Demetriou (ok, he did only play the one season in 20s). Understandably we want them to be the next big thing but not all are Trbojevic's. Obviously the club let them all go because we didn't see a first grade future in them and to this point have been right.

Can't believe lussick and manu made the roosters nines team and Charlie Taylor missed out would have thought nines was right up his street with all that pace?
Amazing and Joey is captain I heard
Can't believe lussick and manu made the roosters nines team and Charlie Taylor missed out would have thought nines was right up his street with all that pace?
He has a groin strain otherwise he would have been there. Will be great to watch the missed tackles though from Lussick and Manu and watch the ball only being passed to the left side by Lussick. Its amazing Lussick is not captain again or maybe he is vice captain ???? You would know though

Amazing and Joey is captain I heard

He has a groin strain otherwise he would have been there. Will be great to watch the missed tackles though from Lussick and Manu and watch the ball only being passed to the left side by Lussick. Its amazing Lussick is not captain again or maybe he is vice captain ???? You would know though
Braith Anasta is the captain I think.

Lurker is reporting we are interested in Keary for next year .Please no ,don't rate him what so ever !!

Yeah not keen at all

Luckily the Lurker is rarely correct

Last edited:
I smell an agent set up with the Cordner to Manly rumour. I think the agent was probably shopping his goods around to see what was market value. The Roosters came up with a near offer and he signed an extension. We should not shot The Lurker he is just reporting back what he is told . Lets face it if you rely on Clubs to state what players are on the books it best to wait until end of season and see who is still there.

There is a facebook page "Sharks to win a premiership before I die" or something similar, I did not sign up. I live in The SHIRE and have many close friends that are mad Sharks supporters. I'm thinking I should give them all recipe books on healthy living and how to live longer, so as to maximise there chances. I very very occasionally feel sorry for them, until they come out with the line "Manly stole their premiership (s)". Then I go back to not giving a rats.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6