George Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
I thought that Bellyache was going to beat some sense of responsibility into him. But he tried to walk out of his one year contract about 3 times :s

Not a Team Player anymore Georgie :(
I understand why he tried to walk out on Bellamy.
He's a fwit.:p

You can see it now. Two weeks into being back he'll realise Gift isn't here and want out.

(The DT journos will be 99.9% sure of this)

Ideally it would be great having George back (and needed). But cant see it happening. We were led to believe that Toovs made a call on him being too overweight and not 'mobile' enough for Manly, going forward into the future. If Toovs were to sign him it would be going back on his original decision and in a sense, conceding he was wrong when he made the original call. Doubt that happens, but it would be great to see him with us next year

mike walker said:
RiverEagle said:
HappilyManly said:
No, he refused to train and maintain fitness - wasted his talents :dodgy:

I'd be tempted to say say "maybe yes" but this concerns me too.

And Manly gave Georgie several chances to toe-the-line here.

I wondered if (in the end) Tooves and co. just got tired of his excuses and too-casual attitude?

IF that changed; Georgie did his duty like all the other top 25 blokes have to do; and we had enough money to offer him a modest INCENTIVE-based deal for a year, I would say YES.

That's a lot of "IF's" though.

And about the 5th or 6th chance he's had (including his time with Melbourne and the Rorters) to stick it out as a pro-footy-player.

He's also 31 now...And a lot of us blokes know it gets even harder to battle-the-bulge over 30 too.

@"Big Pete C Eagle" might have an opinion, or interest, in this one, considering Georgie was born in Bathurst!

G'day all,Ithink it was more to do with George not fitting the profile of more mobile types that Tooves was in favour of,thinking the game was to become faster but as we now know there still is room for the big guys.I've always stuck up for George because he is a genuine footballer with a lot of ability and I think it would be great to see him back,because if nothing else he's big and can bend the line which as we all know is something we sorely lack at the moment.
cheers mike

I respect your opinion, mike (and agree we need one big bopper or Hame Luaki to step up next year) but I very much doubt George leaving was due to him simply being too big. (He is and always has been mobile enough for such a big fella...Remember the odd sidestep or two he'd throw into his work??)

Right now I err on the side of an attitude-issue (not a "big attitude problem") coz we all agree how likeable Georgie is.

Just enough though to prevent him being consistent enough to warrant inclusion. The Scum WAS his 3rd club. *And if Tooves, Donny Singe, (De$ when he was our coach) and Bellyache can't get this
consistently enough from him, who can mate??

He'll be 32 next year as well.

Why not? He might be a fat bastard but that seems to work for everyone else's forward packs.

At least he loves the jumper and will put his ample body on the line for his team mates.

RiverEagle said:
mike walker said:
RiverEagle said:
HappilyManly said:
No, he refused to train and maintain fitness - wasted his talents :dodgy:

I'd be tempted to say say "maybe yes" but this concerns me too.

And Manly gave Georgie several chances to toe-the-line here.

I wondered if (in the end) Tooves and co. just got tired of his excuses and too-casual attitude?

IF that changed; Georgie did his duty like all the other top 25 blokes have to do; and we had enough money to offer him a modest INCENTIVE-based deal for a year, I would say YES.

That's a lot of "IF's" though.

And about the 5th or 6th chance he's had (including his time with Melbourne and the Rorters) to stick it out as a pro-footy-player.

He's also 31 now...And a lot of us blokes know it gets even harder to battle-the-bulge over 30 too.

@"Big Pete C Eagle" might have an opinion, or interest, in this one, considering Georgie was born in Bathurst!

G'day all,Ithink it was more to do with George not fitting the profile of more mobile types that Tooves was in favour of,thinking the game was to become faster but as we now know there still is room for the big guys.I've always stuck up for George because he is a genuine footballer with a lot of ability and I think it would be great to see him back,because if nothing else he's big and can bend the line which as we all know is something we sorely lack at the moment.
cheers mike

I respect your opinion. mike (and agree we need a big bopper or Hame Luaki to step up next year) but I very much doubt George leaving was due to simply seeing Rose as too big. (He is and always has been mobile enough for such a big fella...Remember the odd sidestep or two he'd throw in his work??)

Right now I err on the side of an attitude-issue (not a "big attitude problem") coz we all agree how likeable Georgie is.

Just enough though to prevent him being consistent enough to warrant inclusion. The Scum WAS his 3rd club. *And if Tooves, Donny Singe and Bellyache can't get this from him, who can mate??

G'day all,Point taken RE I understand that he alone can only be responsible for his attitude and commitment to training and I don't know whether it was because of this but I think Tooves made it pretty clear early on that he wasn't in his plans going forward,which probably didn't help the big fella.Who knows that maybe if he was taken back given some responsibility as a senior player and a definite role it may bring with it the required attitudinal change which is the chance we would have to take.
One other thing too i'm pretty sure he loved the place and didn't want to leave and given the current carnage about the place that's got to be a positive for him.
cheers mike

Good mornin' all and @"mike walker"

I would be happy if your scenario there bore fruit, so to speak.

Perhaps it was a combination (2V writing him off/ Georgie losing motivation yet again). But even at a new club (at the Scum) he couldn't assimilate or knuckle-down to play a part. You need far more than 10 minute spells of good go-forward once or twice a month mate. No matter how nice a guy he is (or if he loves living at Manly).

That didn't make enough of a difference whilst he was here anyway.

Some ppl are saying "Yes" / Some categorically "No".

I'm "on-the-fence" at the moment (where's @Jethro with that perfect graphic showing me when I am stuck-in-the-middle of a "yay or nay"?? lol)

I do believe whatever combinations of issues that saw George unable to maintain his fitness and commitments at 3 clubs, they surey will only worsen, or remain the same, next season.

The other thing about George, is that he loves Manly and is a bright funny guy. He would be good for team morale. You're either laughing AT him or laughing WITH him.
At least you're laughing !.
I think George would be good to lighten up the heavy atmosphere that the players may have got themselves into. Maybe these 'stars' take themselves too seriously. None of that with George. As long as he's cheap, and does his job off the bench, then lets go for it. Oh Wait . . . . . i forgot . . . . 2v doesnt really use the Bench . :-/

Use the money to purchase a younger player on the rise, not an overweight 31 year old who will be 32 by the time the 2015 season rolls around. He was never that good anyway, and even Craig Bellamy couldn't get good football out of him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4