Get up, stand up....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You are wrong there Ranger . Changing the coaching staff would fix everything . A new direction is a new result .
New coach ,new team ,was always going to take time to adjust .We were never going anywhere THIS year.
If you already want a new coach ,be prepared to add another year to our adjustment phases.
I have seen some improvement this year ,next year I totally expect finals footy & will be pissed if we don't achieve that.
But it ALWAYS was going to take some time,we just gotta show some patience.

I take your point but as long as we are moving away from the establishment don't things will ever get better, might as well change the name of the club because I sure don't recognize it as it is.

I undestand your angst , and everyone else's , our performances this year have largely been piss poor.

BUT

We are in year 1 of a 5 year plan with a rookie coach, and with 3 legends in their last year( possibly), two of which have been missing for much of the year and the other a week to week proposition and an injury crises that has rarely changed all year, PLUS, we've got some kids being brought up through the ranks and everyone is expecting us to be top 4 material straight up.

Was never ever going to happen.

Like everyone else I've been bemused by some of the team selections but until very recent times I haven't been convinced our coach gets to pick who plays.

I'm no great fan of Barrett, like you I'd love a born and bred Manly coach , but I'm also prepared to give Barrett this year on training wheels.

If this continues into 2017 then I'll join the bandwagon with you but until then I'm prepared to cut the guy some slack.

New coach ,new team ,was always going to take time to adjust .We were never going anywhere THIS year.
If you already want a new coach ,be prepared to add another year to our adjustment phases.
I have seen some improvement this year ,next year I totally expect finals footy & will be pissed if we don't achieve that.
But it ALWAYS was going to take some time,we just gotta show some patience.
Hang in there with your patience Robbie . If we all show patience and persist with Barrett eventually Walker will turn into a star 5/8 like Wally Lewis
24632452f66036440928f2fca9884a0e.jpg

I undestand your angst , and everyone else's , our performances this year have largely been piss poor.

BUT

We are in year 1 of a 5 year plan with a rookie coach, and with 3 legends in their last year( possibly), two of which have been missing for much of the year and the other a week to week proposition and an injury crises that has rarely changed all year, PLUS, we've got some kids being brought up through the ranks and everyone is expecting us to be top 4 material straight up.

Was never ever going to happen.

Like everyone else I've been bemused by some of the team selections but until very recent times I haven't been convinced our coach gets to pick who plays.

I'm no great fan of Barrett, like you I'd love a born and bred Manly coach , but I'm also prepared to give Barrett this year on training wheels.

If this continues into 2017 then I'll join the bandwagon with you but until then I'm prepared to cut the guy some slack.
Barrett picks his team . Do you have any evidence that someone else does ?

As I read this thread on the way to work to work on the train iPod on shuffle, marleys I don't want to wait in vain comes on! Lol. I don't want to wait in vain for success at manly under Barrett!

Manly's attack used to be such a well-oiled machine, lately it just keeps jamming
Redemption is coming!

Old Cecchin yes he rob us
Sold us on a Touchie tip
Minutes after eels knock on
Marty charged with a late hit

But our hands are made strong
By the claws of Sea Eagles Almighty
We forward in Turbo generation
Triumphantly

Songs of freedom, redemption and triumph coming our way Sea Eagle fans. *I'm not partaking Bob's medicinal practices even though it might seem so.

RIP Mr Marley. You Rocked.
Go Manly!

Maybe not. Who do you think is?

Changing the coach won't suddenly fix everything. We have other problems within our club, apart from injuries.

We had the former Melbourne Storm and current Queensland Origin assistant coach signed as our defensive coach for 3 years. That is winning pedigree. He however left after 1 year of a 3 year deal.

Why do you think that is? :think:
Because he knows Barrett is shiit, and he's jumping ship now before his rep is tarnished any further.

To be fair to Barrett, it's a club thing right now:-

1st grade: 11th out of 16
NSW Cup: 11th out of 12
NYC: 16th out of 16

so all things considered, Barrett is actually outperforming the rest of his club.

I won't disagree with your post ( as you did mine) as I'm sure most probably agree with you BUT other than the most obvious ( Hasler) who would you bring in,

Willow
Chad Randell
Scott Fulton

Who else is out there with coaching experience that's a Manly man??

And don't say 2V, as you know as well as I do that ain't happening whilst ZtH and Mr Fluffy is in control!
Bring in former Manly player Ivan Cleary. He's an upgrade on Barrett!

To be fair to Barrett, it's a club thing right now:-

1st grade: 11th out of 16
NSW Cup: 11th out of 12
NYC: 16th out of 16

so all things considered, Barrett is actually outperforming the rest of his club.
Gee our future is so bright we are gonna need to wear shades.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4