[Resurrected] Girdler hates us

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm surprised Girdler is so stupid to verbally trash the team most of his restaurant's customers support.
As to what he said: The Manly team of today is completely different to the team that was was beaten in the early rounds by Easts and Souths. Judging Manly's form on those two defeats is lunacy.
Does he not realise that all teams have their 'bogey' teams, even Melbourne who have been beaten by times this season by Doesn'tmatta? Souths has an appalling record against Melbourne. The 'Riff often struggle against Doesn'tmatta.
Getting in to the GF is very difficult. I've seen several Manly sides that have been the best by far all season and yet lose the GF. Strange things often happen in GFs. The best team on paper doesn't always win.
Stupid to **** in your own nest.

There will be Manly fans who hear this and will now avoid it !!

DUMB!!

Unfortunately he’s 100% right. Badly exposed last week. We play fantastic against poor teams. We play poor against the best teams.

Girdler has to be the most uneducated, delusional idiot in the entire Rugby League sphere - and that’s saying something.

The comment “we haven’t beaten a top 5 team” - we absolutely flogged team 4 (Roosters) and 5 (Eels). Yes we got flogged by Melbourne - but they are indisputably the best team in the comp. We played the Rabbits without Turbo so it doesn’t count, and we actually took Penrith all the way in the second game we played them.

Girdler needs a lobotomy, his commentary is a disgrace.

Girdler on mmm calling us flat track bullies, we haven't beaten the top teams, if we win next week he says the best teams aren't in the GF, someone asked him what's he smoking
Didn't think he hated us that much
Why doesn't he fark off back to Penrith or The Gong then?, because the money is better on the Northern Beaches, that's why

I remember hearing and reading stories about the great Western Suburbs sides in the sixties that unfortunately for them lost in all four of their Grand Final appearances (including 3 in a row, '61 to '63) during St George's 11 Grand Final winning streak (1956-1966). Wests were Minor Premiers in 1961, the middle year of St George's 11 GF wins. As they say...'to the victor goes the spoils'

The two best teams will play on GF day and the best will win. You’re only as good as your last game so don’t get sucked into the BS media hype about who is and isn’t the best.
I don't agree .. the NRL season is 25 weeks long and the 2 best teams were storm and Penrith . It's clear on the board . They finished what, 6 points ahead of everyone else?? To say any other team was the best of the season bar them 2 is laughable...
The final series are a different animal, it's a series of its own, but the 2 best teams of the NRL season in 2021 was storm then Penrith hands down... And both beat us easily every time they played us

I don't agree .. the NRL season is 25 weeks long and the 2 best teams were storm and Penrith . It's clear on the board . They finished what, 6 points ahead of everyone else?? To say any other team was the best of the season bar them 2 is laughable...
The final series are a different animal, it's a series of its own, but the 2 best teams of the NRL season in 2021 was storm then Penrith hands down... And both beat us easily every time they played us
Unless we adopt an EPL/international soccer league system where the champion is the table topper at the end of the season, it is irrelevant who did what during the regular season. The semis are a completely new ball game. If we hypothetically went to a soccer system, I bet my ass each round would be more highly contested at near semis intensity. So not a true reflection with current system as some teams cruise a bit more than others.

They both finished one win ahead of Souths.

Girdler has to be the most uneducated, delusional idiot in the entire Rugby League sphere - and that’s saying something.

The comment “we haven’t beaten a top 5 team” - we absolutely flogged team 4 (Roosters) and 5 (Eels). Yes we got flogged by Melbourne - but they are indisputably the best team in the comp. We played the Rabbits without Turbo so it doesn’t count, and we actually took Penrith all the way in the second game we played them.

Girdler needs a lobotomy, his commentary is a disgrace.
If his comments are anything to go by he has already had the lobotomy

My (fading admittedly) memory of Girdler is that he was a bit of a flat-track bully himself - in that his best performances generally weren't against the best teams. Still that doesn't invalidate his argument - and you might even say it takes one to know one, As well as we played, the Chooks were very ready to be beaten last night. You could see that even in the final play where they meekly kicked it out to Tedesco's annoyance. We have yet to prove we can beat the heavyweights, but no time like the present (next Friday to be exact).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8