[Resurrected] Girdler hates us

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No if Manly make the GF we will be one of the best 2 teams this season.
Agree to disagree I guess..
If manly had won 21 of 25 every single person on this site would rate them the best team of the season regardless of finals outcome... Just my opinion, storm and penny were the best and on paper it's daylight from top 3 to remaining 13

Agree to disagree I guess..
If manly had won 21 of 25 every single person on this site would rate them the best team of the season regardless of finals outcome... Just my opinion, storm and penny were the best and on paper it's daylight from top 3 to remaining 13
We will find out next Friday night I guess. Let’s both hope for the teams sake you are wrong hey.

Thanks for that Girds, motivational poster for the week sorted.

He has a point but to say we don't deserve to be there after the season we had is rubbish.

These are the types of articles that we are used to.

Yep exact opposite to all the over hype around us leading into week 1 of finals. Matty johns made a good point about the cows game being the worst hit out for us before coming up against Melb, and I agree with him.

I’m wondering if Girds is actually working for us/Des. Throw this rubbish out to send us under the radar. I mean doesn’t he live in the area and have the cafe there?

Unfortunately I don't think todays generation of millennials take too much notice of has been yesterday's men Gen X'rs so I wouldn't bank on this being any motivation.

Must admit we need to play better to beat the Bunnies. Roosters beat themselves last game. We haven’t responded when **** hits the fan during a game. That’s the disadvantage when we blowout so many teams.
Gotta beat Melb or Penrith to win it all so will be well deserved if we do. Blame the draw Girds.
The nfl is worse where They make the better teams from last season have a tougher draw. And so easy to tank to get a hit draft pick.

I'm surprised Girdler is so stupid to verbally trash the team most of his restaurant's customers support.
As to what he said: The Manly team of today is completely different to the team that was was beaten in the early rounds by Easts and Souths. Judging Manly's form on those two defeats is lunacy.
Does he not realise that all teams have their 'bogey' teams, even Melbourne who have been beaten by times this season by Doesn'tmatta? Souths has an appalling record against Melbourne. The 'Riff often struggle against Doesn'tmatta.
Getting in to the GF is very difficult. I've seen several Manly sides that have been the best by far all season and yet lose the GF. Strange things often happen in GFs. The best team on paper doesn't always win.
Yeah, I hope the boys read this and steer clear of his cafe, and tell others about it as well. Gee he doesnt mind living over there though. I hope customers that read his comments steer clear of the joint and give him heaps if they see him there

There's a fair argument that we weren't the best team in 2011. The three teams that would probably have beaten us in the grand final got knocked out by a combination of luck and what ever the magic power is that the Warriors had over the Storm. I'm not advocating that we give the trophy back.

As the Knights, Sharks, and Roosters could tell you: the word "but" isn't inscribed anywhere on the trophy.

Yeah, I hope the boys read this and steer clear of his cafe, and tell others about it as well. Gee he doesnt mind living over there though. I hope customers that read his comments steer clear of the joint and give him heaps if they see him there

see if he writes "Manly are pretenders" on the sandwich board out the front today.

Just remember about Girdler.....

If he couldn't kick goals, its a good bet Penrith (who had just lost their 2 goal kickers - Andrew Leeds to the Eels and Greg Alexander to the Warriors) wouldn't have wanted him and he'd have been left languishing in the Steelers reserve grade side hoping Rod Wishart's goal kicking leg would fall off.

Personally, I think he's just pissed that Penrith are now in the Melbourne side of the draw and as such, even after last nights win, will likely miss the GF when the Storm thump them next week.

He said we hadn't beaten anyone in the top 4 all year. He mentioned Penrith and Melbourne "thumping" us both times we played them. So a 10 point loss in Bathurst, and a 10 point loss at Suncorp, is thumping is it? And I guess he didn't see us beating the Worms 28-6 in Rd.11 and 56-10 in Rd.22, both times with them in the top 4.....

Ryan Girdler is a blowhard.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8