Glass half full people

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bryant for King
Burns for Witt
Orford for Monas
Dunley for Randall
Taylor for Donald

Any others you want me to offer?

If Dunley is starting and Bryant is in instead of King...... depth? bench?

Not to mention Burns' is a far worse player than Monaghan, even the blindest Norths fan could realise that. Burns has potential but you have rocks in your head if you think he will take us anywhere apart from the wooden spoon.

But thanks for your solution, albeit a shortsighted one.

For mine........ release King and Harris (already gone), buy Robbie Kearns.

Buy Orford and play him and Monaghan in the halves.

Play Ballin at hooker with Dunley on the bench.

Buy a couple of mongrel forwards on the fringe of first grade, that haven't already been snapped up due to our management clearly not looking outside the square of Orfords living room.

I'm not bagging every player. But there are three who should never be in 1st again - King, Donald, Randall.

Why we're letting Harris go ahead of that useless patsy is completely beyond me.

I agree completely with your comments.

I don't feel peoples comments of calling for Monaghan to play premier league are founded however.

Randall, King and Donald typify exactly what we don't want playing, no heart at all.

Nate Myles would be worth a look.

I would love Myles at the club, but despite appearing on several off-contract lists, no rumours have been circling. I'd think he must be re-signed by the Rapists.

simple answer to that mata.tigers showed an interest in picking him up.you can only offload these blokes on contract realistically if someone wants to pay them and we cover the difference if there is a shortfall.there is no way that any club in the nrl would want monaghan or king and both are now on lucrative 3 year deals.to release them into the wilderness means a very large financial loss as we are liable to pay them in full if they are not recruited elsewhere.

[quote author=Daniel] Bryant for King Burns for Witt Orford for Monas Dunley for Randall Taylor for Donald Any others you want me to offer?
If Dunley is starting and Bryant is in instead of King...... depth? bench? Not to mention Burns' is a far worse player than Monaghan, even the blindest Norths fan could realise that. Burns has potential but you have rocks in your head if you think he will take us anywhere apart from the wooden spoon. But thanks for your solution, albeit a shortsighted one. For mine........ release King and Harris (already gone), buy Robbie Kearns. Buy Orford and play him and Monaghan in the halves. Play Ballin at hooker with Dunley on the bench. Buy a couple of mongrel forwards on the fringe of first grade, that haven't already been snapped up due to our management clearly not looking outside the square of Orfords living room. [/quote]

agreed 100%

Cuthbertson is a talent who would add to our depth as well as glenn stewart

Our defense is a disgrace. Matabele I ask you to watch the Round 3 game v the Storm then yesterday’s game. You will notice the defense of the team has no comparison.

The go forward is now non existent, therefore affecting our attack.

The point is the majority had many reasons to be happy with our side. The first 10 weeks or so. But now it has fallen in a screaming heap.

We deserved those wins earlier. Manly were playing twice as good.

On the dragons goal line Harris comes screaming in, randall at dummy half gives the ball, almost over the head, harris has to stop, lose momentum and gets held up.

Answer Ballin - start blooding him now

Ball gets out to Witt with plenty of time, dragons players rush up out side him, witt stands still for a few seconds then gets tackled a few metres in front.

Answer - Mullane, at least the winger will know to go for the intercept when the ball is on the way to the touch judge and might see it once in a game as opposed to not at all.

Alternate answer, monas to 5/8 witt to half, at least monas can throw a cut out pass.

Taylor for Donald - start blooding him now looks like he will be getting the gig next year.

Props - All bar Bryant have dropped a lot of form in the last 2 months. Kite is making 80 - 100 instead of his 120 - 150 metres and no longer running hard, King - i hope the buy allows him to get fit enough to play like the roosters game, needs some sort of punishment/encouragement. Lulu - needs to play like he has a firecracker up his arse, not like he is covering hecks. Hecks back from injury will help.

Just some thoughts

Bottom line is Des.

Hates change, and it wont be until we miss the finals that he will make it.

The King should be given a ticket to Headingly. Those poms will pay pounds for his pea nuts.
King and Donald play the same type of game, the poms wont know the difference, send him instead! ( Donalds three hit ups per game are much tougher than Kings three so better off keeping him) and neither can catch or pass!

agree with all of that except monaghan to 9,not 6.surely everyone can see that other teams know now to play up and in and he will panic.giving him the ball one pass later just makes matters worse.having said that i dont have a particularly viable solution.if orford does not sign des should try a few options on the run in.IMO we are gone this year.the present arrangement is diabolical so time for risks.if they dont work what is the penalty-missing an away semi against brisbane or the like.something must change.i have a lot of time for des as a young coach.my only worry is that he lets thing go too far before trying a different option.

time for taking a risk.

Yep, the future should start now. Our attack can't get any worse. We've been worked out by the other teams.

If we don't do something different - we're cactus.

On the dragons goal line Harris comes screaming in, randall at dummy half gives the ball, almost over the head, harris has to stop, lose momentum and gets held up. Answer Ballin - start blooding him now Ball gets out to Witt with plenty of time, dragons players rush up out side him, witt stands still for a few seconds then s tackled a few metres in front. Answer - Mullane, at least the winger will know to go for the intercept when the ball is on the way to the touch judge and might see it once in a game as opposed to not at all. Alternate answer, monas to 5/8 witt to half, at least monas can throw a cut out pass. Taylor for Donald - start blooding him now looks like he will be getting the gig next year. Props - All bar Bryant have dropped a lot of form in the last 2 months. Kite is making 80 - 100 instead of his 120 - 150 metres and no longer running hard, King - i hope the buy allows him to get fit enough to play like the roosters game, needs some sort of punishment/encouragement. Lulu - needs to play like he has a firecracker up his arse, not like he is covering hecks. Hecks back from injury will help. Just some thoughts Bottom line is Des. Hates change, and it wont be until we miss the finals that he will make it.

i hope the buy allows him to get fit enough so he can play like the roosters game,while i agree fluffy he wasnt bad against the roosters to say thats good enough is silly,he was good for 15 mins then gone again,he is a gisgrace and really showed his true colours yesterday.what about his 1st hit up of the penalty- drops it cold and the ref somehow found a penalty to give the ball back.....................simple case is the team is showing no sprit and i have a feeling there is some inner turmoil dividing the team.

The other teams were playing shyte early on while we were playing solid. We were playing solid because we had team unity and we knew our limitations and played within them.

From what I saw yesterday, our team unity is up the creek. You only had to look at the players (particularly the captain) during breaks in play. No communication, no talking it up, just hands on hips sucking it in.

Coupled with the mental issues, we now have teams cranking up into semi final intensity and playing within our "limitations" is not gonna cut it.

Being a self professed optimist, I think there is still a swig or two left in the glass but what the hell does it matter anyway.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6