Glenn Stewart - for or against

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His attack reminds me of another bald headed right side player who luckily for him was far more fleet footed than Glen.

Has to stop the Zoidberg sideways running, didn't run straight until the 35th minute last week. If he does that then Lyon will get a bit more time with the ball and get back some form. That is the main difference between Tred and Gift in attack and why our right side has gone to poo since Glen's return.

anthonyb1965 said:
lsz said:
About as constructive and useful as saying : 1947 should they go or stay?

This

I don't know about 1947, but the world would be a better place without 1927, that's for sure.

I like that tred cuts back toward the middle, this stops the defence sliding and opens it up for Lyon and wolf. Gift has done a fair bit of drifting out towards Jamie, which attracts numbers in defence. Gift used to mix it up more, drifting wide, straightening or cutting back inside. He even set up a great try last year coming back to the middle and finding Brett at speed through the previous ruck area. We know he is capable of all these variations, but the fitness is an issue at present I reckon. When puffed out it is hard to change it up.

I'd never drop him though, but some interchange time would be advisable.

In hindsight I think we should have given Gift an additional month to get fit. He wasn't required when he was declared fit to return. With an extra month of training at pre-season intensity I think he would now be effective in a starting role. If he keeps his role in the starting line up then he will be playing catch up for the rest of the season.

I think he still has plenty to offer in his career but this season is going to be tough for him.

Pittwater Legend said:
In hindsight I think we should have given Gift an additional month to get fit. He wasn't required when he was declared fit to return. With an extra month of training at pre-season intensity I think he would now be effective in a starting role. If he keeps his role in the starting line up then he will be playing catch up for the rest of the season.

I think he still has plenty to offer in his career but this season is going to be tough for him.

"I think we" . ??. "He wasnt' required . . ." by ??, "if he keeps is role" ? Role assigned by ???
These are all euphemisms for Geoff Toovey - whose Man Management has serious doubts about it. I wish it was not so.

I do not refer to Manly's defence, which is exemplary.

But despite having a talented, experienced roster, at the cap limit, our attack looks disjointed, predictable, sloppy, rushed, and in summary very easy to counter.

At the same time as Gift's return, King, Guluvao, Faoso, Brett S all disappeared, But unless some hard and adventurous decisions are made, unlike any Mr Toovey has made to this point, MWSE are destined for about 8th place.

Poor discipline, sloppy passing, poor ball security, a average kicking game, players who look slow and tired. After 5 weeks of the comp i predicted a Manly V Storm GF. !!

Talk me out of it.

Don't agree with the poor kicking bit but the rest seems accurate.

Offloads..... One should only offload when the arm is free to do so. If you have to wrestle to get that arm free it's nearly always a bad idea. I'm lookin at you Lawrence and Watmough.

I'm confident all will fall into place when we have some go forward back and when we're as close to full strength as we can be. Having Fa'aoso and Rose together on the bench will do that. If we lose one of them again, or Lawrence or Kite........season over.

Not getting personal Gifty has done heaps for the club and still have faith he will do so again soon. He has earned 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances on previous achievements...and he will get them I hope.

Symonds ability to run straight and bust tackles makes him essential for this team IMO - just check the last 20 minutes against the Bulldogs and why our left edge attack of Foran/Horo or Symonds/Matai/Taufua gets half the opportunities of the right side but produced more damage of late.

If Gift is untouchable at least get Symonds to go 50/50 with Horo ( who I have no knock on ) and ask them both to go hell for leather. 15 or 20 Symonds is not enough.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7