God bless Australia day ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Happy Australia day

20220126_104813.jpg

So not here to argue right or wrong about Aust Day but if we were to change there has to be a credible alternative.

Here is my thoughts and interested in opinions;

1/ keep 26/1 and change the day to First Fleet day - a day to recognize the impact of the arrival of Europeans both positive contributions and negative of the first Australians. National Public Holiday
2/ Australia Day will be on the winter solstice - celebrate as one nation and and the day marks the halfway point between winter/summer and we are on the way back to summertime. National Public Holiday
3/ Queens Birthday no longer celebrate for obvious reasons - not the queen’s birthday anyway and a relict of the past. No Public Holiday moved to Aust Day in June

So not here to argue right or wrong about Aust Day but if we were to change there has to be a credible alternative.

Here is my thoughts and interested in opinions;

1/ keep 26/1 and change the day to First Fleet day - a day to recognize the impact of the arrival of Europeans both positive contributions and negative of the first Australians. National Public Holiday
2/ Australia Day will be on the winter solstice - celebrate as one nation and and the day marks the halfway point between winter/summer and we are on the way back to summertime. National Public Holiday
3/ Queens Birthday no longer celebrate for obvious reasons - not the queen’s birthday anyway and a relict of the past. No Public Holiday moved to Aust Day in June
Make it the first Monday of February so its a long wknd every year. Don't think many would complain about that :)

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4