GOOD NEWS for a change!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A story on Fox New Website today has said that some of the board members want Toovey to start in 2012 to minimize the damage.

You can bet those mongrels at Canterbury will be like a pack of vultures sweating on that to happen, to me they don't deserve the name Bulldogs, its too good for them, Hyenas would be more applicable.

Earnie the Eagle said:
A story on Fox New Website today has said that some of the board members want Toovey to start in 2012 to minimize the damage.

You can bet those mongrels at Canterbury will be like a pack of vultures sweating on that to happen, to me they don't deserve the name Bulldogs, its too good for them, Hyenas would be more applicable.
Dont blame the Hyenas feathered friend The monkeys on our board are responsible for all this .

Blowfly said:
Matabele said:
I'm sure they would be completely truthful and up front with an unknown. After all, this playing group has never been known for playing their cards close to their chest.

Gees I'm not sure what some of you blokes want? I've been a Manly fan myself for 39 years and not once put a stirring thread on here but I relay what I've been told and still cop crap.

I may not be Ray Warren but despite being an "unknown" I still work in the media and only forward on what I'm told.

Additionally... we've also just had an interview from the Kiwi camp fed in where Foran says... and I quote "I'm very happy at the Manly club. I LOVE the Manly club and I'd like to continue my playing future there."

This "unknown" didn't do that interview so maybe that is more believable.

From now on...I can keep these insights to myself if you like?

Thanks for the info blowie and please provide more in due course.

Good news and the truth has been in short supply lately and I am sure you understand our suspicion. Your info is good and is appreciated.

now for your next mission please find out the trus story about what has really trasnspired with the board and Des:D

BOZO said:
Earnie the Eagle said:

Dont blame the Hyenas feathered friend The monkeys on our board are responsible for all this .

I gues thats what happens when ya pay peanuts, ya get monkeys. Are the board members paid?

Earnie the Eagle said:

They've got the worst fanbase in the NRL. They'll turn on Des in a heartbeat. They have bad mouthed him and hated him as a player and a coach.

If he doesn't bring immediate success to them, they will be like hyenas.

Blowfly said:
Matabele said:
I'm sure they would be completely truthful and up front with an unknown. After all, this playing group has never been known for playing their cards close to their chest.

Gees I'm not sure what some of you blokes want? I've been a Manly fan myself for 39 years and not once put a stirring thread on here but I relay what I've been told and still cop crap.

I may not be Ray Warren but despite being an "unknown" I still work in the media and only forward on what I'm told.

Additionally... we've also just had an interview from the Kiwi camp fed in where Foran says... and I quote "I'm very happy at the Manly club. I LOVE the Manly club and I'd like to continue my playing future there."

This "unknown" didn't do that interview so maybe that is more believable.

From now on...I can keep these insights to myself if you like?

Don't take any notice of Mata, he is just here for the negative and snide remarks

The world has ended - Choc has now become the voice of reason LOL

Just watched his interview on FoxSports News and he was clear and adamant that the Coach may go, but the Players are close and would think about each other before jumping ship.

Congratulations to Des for helping Choc mature. Great Player and now showing true leadership. :angel:

HappilyManly said:
The world has ended - Choc has now become the voice of reason LOL

Just watched his interview on FoxSports News and he was clear and adamant that the Coach may go, but the Players are close and would think about each other before jumping ship.

Congratulations to Des for helping Choc mature. Great Player and now showing true leadership. :angel:
Happily Manly thats the Happiest news i have heard all day.:D:D:D

bones said:
Kangaroos star Anthony Watmough says Sea Eagles stars won't follow Manly coach Des Hasler in quitting NRL premiers

”You are not just going to leave 25 top blokes that are your best mates for a coaching member.’’

Stuff me blowfly. You bought a smile to my face for the first time in days. Great work & a very pleasant change to have some good news for a change. Thanks for sharing.

The above quote is what does it for me. Awesome. Thanks Choc. Have been waiting for days to hear something positive from the playing group.

I can stop kicking the cat now. :p

Foran won't jump ship
10/10/2011 2:22 PM
Adam Lucius

Manly superstar Kieran Foran insists he won't active an escape clause in his contract to follow coach Des Hasler out of the club, allaying immediate fears the Sea Eagles face a mass exodus of players.

Foran and fullback Brett Stewart both have special riders written into their contracts allowing them to leave Brookvale should Hasler not be at the helm.

The Sea Eagles coach has signed a lucrative four-year deal with the Bulldogs starting 2013 but his departure is likely to be fast forwarded once the Manly board meets this week.

Current assistant coach and former skipper Geoff Toovey is expected to take the reins next season.

"I'm not sure what's going to happen there. I've got to focus on next year and we'll wait and see," Foran said from inside the New Zealand camp on Monday.

"I am pretty happy at Manly. It's a great club; we've just won the comp (and) I don't want to leave. We have to accept it (Hasler's exit) and get on with things."

Foran and Brett Stewart are the only two players believed to have exit clauses in their contracts.

Destructive back-rower Tony Williams is the sole current player off contract but is keen to stay at the club.

And influential representative forward Anthony Watmough has declared the Sea Eagles won't be ripped apart by the Hasler drama.

Pressed on why he had a special clause inserted in his deal, Foran replied: "Probably because I rate Des Hasler as a very good coach."

"Everyone knows what high regard the players hold Dessie in."

"What he's done for the club is huge. His stats show just how good a coach he is."

"We're pretty disappointed to hear he's going."

"We all love Dessie and wanted him to hang around for many years to come."

Foran wants Hasler to see out the final year of his contract but says Toovey is the perfect replacement should there be an immediate change of coach.

He urged the club's dysfunctional board to sort out the mess before the players return for pre-season training next month.

"The man they need is right there in front of them," Foran said of Toovey.

"He's been there since 2004 under Dessie. He's learnt the ropes."

"He's an ex-player at the club, he's won comps for the club. He is a very passionate guy and knows what it's about."

Full steam ahead boys!!! It would seam that the team is determined to stay together and are happy to have Toovey at the helm. What fantastic reads!!

Just saw the choc interview on Foxsport as quoted by blowfly.

Well done blowie for the scope.

Now if only crusher would come out and say he to will remain with the club.

I really feel for Des as he has been treated poorly. I keep a faint hope that one day he may come back to the nest.

As much as I don't want to show my support to whoever at the club is to blame for forcing Des out, I can't not support the boys after reading what Choc has to say. A True Manly man you are Choc, and Im Happy to do a backflip for people like you.

• 👍
Reactions: God
bones said:
As much as I don't want to show my support to whoever at the club is to blame for forcing Des out, I can't not support the boys after reading what Choc has to say. A True Manly man you are Choc, and Im Happy to do a backflip for people like you.

good to hear bones.

As for des i expect to hear alot of propaganda and mudslinging headed des's way by certain parties and i can tell you know its all bull****.

I dont believe for a minute des would want to leave manly if it hadnt of been for these knuckleheads who put personal agendas ahead of the club.

I just wish he would come out and say so but they would use it to sack him.

Karma is a bitch and its heading in certain peoples direction real fast.

I don't doubt for one second that des hasler will back at manly in some shape or form after his 4 years at manly.

bones said:

Bones is back. Maybe 28 in a row now coming up

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4