Goodbye Beattie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Peter Beattie tells ARLC he will step down as chair
Michael Carayannis, The Daily Telegraph
13 minutes ago

Peter Beattie has told his fellow commission’s he will vacant the chairmanship for Peter V’landys in February.

Beattie and the rest of the ARLC met on Wednesday with Beattie tabling a discussion about his future. The Daily Telegraphhas learnt Beattie told the rest of the ARLC he would happily vacate his title as chairman when he is up for re-election in February. He has strongly recommended Racing NSW boss V’landys to assume the role which is voted upon every year.

809318562dc15cc3a315536c962bf144

Beattie’s tenure has been calmer than his predecessor’s. Photo: AAP Image/Bianca De Marchi

Beattie’s three-year period on the commission also expires in February however the former Queensland premier is yet to decide if he will remain as a commissioner. It is understood Beattie has strong support to remain in the role.

Beattie will spend the rest of his months in charge working on abolishing the three-year stand-down rule for club and state officials to join the commission as he continues to search for a replacement for Mark Coyne.

Beattie wants that rule changed by February’s meeting and will push his case when he fronts a combined club chair and CEOs meeting next month.

Beattie told The Sunday Telegraph“my position is not important” as he hinted at standing down next year.

The commission also discussed the prospect of moving the 2021 and 2022 grand finals interstate while ANZ Stadium is redeveloped.

4818b8a45ac26c9daa23c670e2cb3f21

V'landys has long been touted for a role in the game. Photo: Mark Evans/Getty Images

The ARLC confirmed its hope to land between $20 to $25 million for keeping the matches in Sydney. The compensation is for playing two grand finals plus Origin matches at either the SCG or the new SFS which are much smaller venues than ANZ Stadium.

They will be pushing the NSW government for a quick response if not they will pursue playing the game in either Brisbane or Melbourne,

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to hear him try and say "Peter V'landys" at his next press conference

People on here apparently rate v’landys.

How do you feel about him now that beattoff has anointed him?

I’m surprised at Beattie, I thought he would do a better job, but he has turned Rugby league into a game of touch footy, biased to suit favoured teams, and rigged to have close match results.

To be honest, this dic head should be put in jail, such is his fraudulent leadership of the game.

Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out!

From what I saw on the Fox website.....sorry folks, Beattie will be gone but Greenturd is likely to be offered an extra 2 years.

It sucks the big one. But at least Beattie is history.

But didn't the article say that:

He is standing down as chairman but is thinking about remaining on the commission. He will as $$$$ and perks
Has said "his position is not important" - Is nice to hear that from the chairman of the arlc, like wtf man.

Will spend his remaining time trying to get rid of the 3 year stand down rule for club and state commissioners. - That's an "use" of one's highly paid time I guess. Couldn't think of anything better to do for the betterment of league?

So I dunno, it's like when that corrupt nob from the Olympics said he was standing down and all that happened was they invented a new position for him. (Samaranch was it?)

I'd prefer gone for good but these guys always manage to keep their finger in the pie somehow.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8