Green signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm tired of reading about how bloody good Bellamy is. The secret to the storm is they have a good eye for recruitment. Chayse Blair was never, ever as bad as some on here would have you believe.

Green will be a very good addition to the side. He is quality, IMO.

For me there are more positives rhen negatives. What i like

Can defend. Robust type player
No nonsense type. Reliable.
Good short kicking game and passing game.
Will help take pressure off dce
Comes from a well coached side
CHEAP.

350k is a bargain price. More money to spend on forwards and outside backs.

CHEAP.

Absolutely spot on.

CHEAP.

1 piece of the puzzle was green, now we need forwards and backs like you said. A centre and winger, Curtis Rona would be a good target for a centre and winger.

1 piece of the puzzle was green, now we need forwards and backs like you said. A centre and winger, Curtis Rona would be a good target for a centre and winger.
I think Manly are still a big chance for Brenko Lee. Unless the Dogs are going to get rid of two of their outside backs, Rona, Morris and Perrett, then Brenko will be a back up even more so than he is now at Canberra. I've got a feeling that he will sign somewhere that can guarantee him a first grade spot.

I think Manly are still a big chance for Brenko Lee. Unless the Dogs are going to get rid of two of their outside backs, Rona, Morris and Perrett, then Brenko will be a back up even more so than he is now at Canberra. I've got a feeling that he will sign somewhere that can guarantee him a first grade spot.
Perretts leaving and he will be replaced Lee imo

Chayse Blair was never, ever as bad as some on here would have you believe.

And he's not going as well for Melb now as some are making out. Defence anyone!? The long sleeves are pretty dashing though!

Couple of other things Turbo;

Lyon is easily a better 5/8 than Green even at this late stage of his career. Just the same, I'm happy to have Green for the moment given what's available and what is needed to compliment DCE.

Widdop went to the dragons for 600k a season. That was not good value and has been proven so. Green at 350k a season is decent value in the current market.

What's this crap about recruits getting 'guaranteed' a first grade spot? What coach with half a brain would ever say that? They might present an argument that as a player in a certain position you might have a better chance to make first grade in my team but a guarantee - pffft.

You wouldn't have to say it to someone who was actually worthy of it and you wouldn't last long as a coach if you went around saying it to borderline first graders like Brenko Lee.

And he's not going as well for Melb now as some are making out. Defence anyone!? The long sleeves are pretty dashing though!

Lyon is easily a better 5/8 than Green even at this late stage of his career. Just the same, I'm happy to have Green for the moment given what's available and what is needed to compliment DCE.

Widdop went to the dragons for 600k a season. That was not good value and has been proven so. Green at 350k a season is decent value in the current market.

What's this crap about recruits getting 'guaranteed' a first grade spot? What coach with half a brain would ever say that? They might present an argument that as a player in a certain position you might have a better chance to make first grade in my team but a guarantee - pffft.

You wouldn't have to say it to someone who was actually worthy of it and you wouldn't last long as a coach if you went around saying it to borderline first graders like Brenko Lee.
Let me rephrase that for you. I think Brenko Lee will go somewhere that offers him the best chance of playing regular first grade football. The Dogs currently have Perrett, Rona and Morris vying for two wing spots. Therefore I feel (just an opinion mind you Brad) that Manly are still a legitimate chance of signing him as we only have Jorge and Wright at present and our depth is so non existent that tonight Wright is playing centre with Lewis Brown. Jorge is yet to be re signed, so yes I think he would be guaranteed a start next year if he came across. Having watched Brenko Lee this year I will also surmise that from what I have seen, Brenko Lee is most definitely a first grade footballer. Played junior Kangaroos and has taken every opportunity presented to him this year. Hence the interest from a coach of the caliber of Des Hasler. Can you show me evidence of your claim that he is a borderline first grader Brad? Perhaps I have missed something.

He's no Vunivalu, but Cheyse is solid and dependable, just like he was here. In only 8 games for the storm this year he's scored 5 tries, 4 line breaks, made 101 tackles and run for 773m.

The big difference between how the season has unfolded for Widdop and Green is that Widdop went to the dragons for money and not much help on the footy field.

Green went to the storm where he has played with Cronk, Smith and Munster (who I think would make a good 5/8, even though he's a very good fullback)

Swap them around, Green to the dragons, Widdop to the storm and their form this season would be completely in reverse. But I'm just stating the obvious.

Green will compliment DCE because of the style he plays. I see him as an aggressive ball runner, much like Foz. Oh, and I agree with the long sleeves on Blair. Dashing indeed, Sir!

Green signs with Manly
I may have missed the whole point of this thread...

green signs with Manly.jpg

Let me rephrase it for you @Kevinward777 .
Borderline and potential first graders wouldn't be guaranteed a first grade spot by any coach worth his salt.

Brenko does have potential but at present he's a borderline first grader.

Let me rephrase it for you @Kevinward777 .
Borderline and potential first graders wouldn't be guaranteed a first grade spot by any coach worth his salt.

Brenko does have potential but at present he's a borderline first grader.
Have to disagree with you there Brad. He's been very strong in all the games I have watched him play since coming in for his cousin Edrick. It all comes down to squad strength and depth. At some clubs he coululd be classified as a first grader in waiting ie the Dogs for example are flush with outside backs. However there are other clubs with far less talent and depth where Brenko would be a walk up start. With our lack of depth in the outside backs, which is only going to get even skinnier with the retirement of Lyon and the possible retirement of Matai and Snake. And based on Brenko's form with Canberra this year, I do believe he would be almost guaranteed a start with us if he came across. Barring of course Bozo pulling off a couple of unforeseen signings. At the very least it would be his spot to lose.
1 Tom
2 Jorge
3 Williame
4 Walker
5 Lee
6 Green
7 DCE
Who would you have in that backline instead of Brenko Lee Brad?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6