Guess how low the crowd will be

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
globaleagle said:
Manly should put a big screen up at brookie,

Get all the food and drinks happening...

A band to start things off....

then pack the place then link it to NRL HQ!

Plus somehow get the noise to reach the players so they see we're amped for them.

The NRL should use commonsense and just put the game on at brookie.

There is a trend in Sydney for clubs facing non-Sydney teams drawing low week one crowds.

They rise a bit in week two but are very healthy come week three.

This story about Manly is a beat-up of all beat-ups. The Dogs have drawn a lot of low crowds to week one and two matchs vs an out-of-town opposition, but no journo is doing the homework.

The Ben Dorries story today has stated this week two knock-out match is comparable to last years week one game when Manly were not in danger of being knocked out. Ridiculous cherry-pick with only the opponents and location the same; timings and what's at stake are being ignored.

Anyways, I can see a number turning out between the 13,000 last year and the 32,000 from 2007, based on it being a bloody Friday night.

26,000 is my guess.

Most of you are deluding yourselves. Sorry.
It will be sub 10k, so around 9,500. At Brookie it would be 15-17K.

NRL are mad, mad, mad. The (Manly) players deserve more.

There will only be around 1,000 Calfboys and they'll carry big banners, supplied by their club to make it look like more.

They dont play well in Syd, MWSE should be able to get over the line, but we should not expecting a repeat of last year - too many injuries.

If they get a safe lead, then Killer, Gifty, Choc should be rested on bench.

bones said:
It doesn't bother me if we get just 10000. The bigger the crowd, the less chance there is that games like this (finals against non Sydney teams) will be played at Brookie in the future.

Won't happen. The NRL have contracts in place for finals games and they would still probably make more money from SFS than they would at Brookie even if you could guarantee another 5-10k people.

Great movie!!

220px-Goonfinalposter.jpg

Going on the numbers in the paper today, sub 10,000. I'd say 8,000. This will basically put to bed any argument that we should move games to SFS, or that people would rather go to games at SFS because of the facilities.

In saying that, we need the numbers out there so, if anyone is thinking of not going as a protest against the game being at the SFS, you are punishing the players by not turning up and they are the ones that need to perform well on Friday

Jono said:
Going on the numbers in the paper today, sub 10,000. I'd say 8,000. This will basically put to bed any argument that we should move games to SFS, or that people would rather go to games at SFS because of the facilities.

In saying that, we need the numbers out there so, if anyone is thinking of not going as a protest against the game being at the SFS, you are punishing the players by not turning up and they are the ones that need to perform well on Friday

Exactly right Jono. Come on everyone, get out there and give the team the support they deserve. Forget the politics and just go (if you can make it) and support our great team.

Wouldn't matter if it was Brookie or SFS,unless they move it to Tony Luchetti field at Lithgow,I'm 1000s to get there.More chance of dating Elle macpherson!!!!

Foxsports News had Snake and Chez urging Supporters to fill the SFS as it is a knock out game this year.

However many attend, we will all be in good voice for the Maaanly chant:)

Nothing matters so long as Manly turn up to win:idea:

Berkeley_Eagle said:
the Grill Team is attacking us now
f**k we should boycott the game and watch it at the Bavaerian LOL

Yeah well there is the bastion of credibility. Between Johns and Geyer you'd be lucky to find 3 brain cells.

RLStats have actually dispelled the myth that manly fans don't travel coming 2nd in away supporters oops.
So if its a poor crowd it won't be on the back of us.

Plus the media conveniently forget the 30,000+ crowds we've had over the last few years at our semi's & thats with no away supporters! Only the semi against the warriors a couple of yrs ago could you say the away team had good support.

Again we have to make up for 2 lots of the crowd. There'll be lucky to be 100 cowboy supporters like the last few years.

Take away the Manly supporters at anz last week & the bulldog crowd would've been 25,000 if lucky. We've got more than that the last few years except for one occasion...and that's the one they bring up all the time.

Fans generally don't worry so much about attending the first week of finals, saving their money instead for the later games.

If anybody wants to write a thesis on the sheep/pack mentality in the media, look no further than this non-story being played out across ever corner of the media.

DID YOU KNOW - Of the 38 finals fixtures at the SFS since 1998, Manly hold the 5th and 7th highest attendances, including two of the three highest attendance by a Sydney club playing a non-NSW club?

DID YOU KNOW - That of the seven Sydney-based clubs to play a non-NSW club at the SFS in the Finals, Manly's average per game (27643 over 4 games) is bettered only by Wests Tigers (31836 in 2 games) and Parramatta (28524 in 1 game). Others are Dragons (19259 in 1 game); Canterbury (23176 in 4 games); Roosters (23297 in 2 games) and Cronulla (27570 in 1 game).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8