Half Solutions for 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If all else fails I would get Carney and pair him with Mateo until a better option becomes available

There is not decent halves even for 2017 we are in a bit of strife.. I was so happy after Saturday nights win but the NON signing of LG killed that feeling pretty quick... A DCE backflip is the only hope left Mr Kelly.

The way we're going.....

Bozo will be our 5/8, Joey the halfback, Tooves will suit up and play hooker and Des will come back as our lock.

Is Frank Stanton available to coach since Tooves will be playing again?

Oh and Ivan Cleary can come back and play in the centres because we'll need a goal kicker.

Look, if T-Rex can play in the halves, almost ...anyone can.
It's not rocket science.
Tackle, Run the ball, Dummy, Step, Pass the ball at an opportune time, Kick on the fifth or earlier if there's no fullback... Hell I've played footy before and it's not mentally hard. Just didn't have the super fitness and the extra physical edge for first grade. :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:
YOU ALSO HAVE TO FEED THE SCRUM!!

YOU ALSO HAVE TO FEED THE SCRUM!!

Something I remember Canberra having a lot of trouble with in the 1993 finals after Ricky Stuart broke and dislocated his right ankle against the Speels just before the finals. Laurie Daley was their 5/8 and he had no clue how to feed a scrum, they actually had Gary Belcher feeding them from memory and it was a disaster.

I was never worried when hodkinson left. I was worried he would resign and DCE would go somewhere else looking for an opportunity.

That was because we had a successful 2nd grade team in the Sunshine Coast sea eagles and could bring all our 09 20s superstars through in a decent competition against hard heads. Our NSW cup team looks like a bush footy team. You have one or two decent blokes there but the rest are overweight underweight or making up numbers. We feed this years twenties to the wolves and promote them early we might get one or two first graders from them.

richie myler from the UK looks like he can maybe be the goods. travers is a gun as well, give him a couple games next year see how he goes

Riley Travers and Will Pearsall are forming a nice combination in the 20s team and in 2 years and by 2016/17 they will be ready.

Do we do as the Tigers did and promote 2 young halves and blood them? They are reaping the benefits of that and it is something we should consider and that would allow us to get in the quality we need in other areas of the team.

Pearsall is a real cool head - I'm all for promoting a newbie as opposed to throwing good money at reject like Sandow and Hodko @:cool:

Rumour Mill:
374338_1267288932692_400_267.jpg

Our new international halves

Hastings could be let go from the Roosters it seems............great talent

Though apparently he has an massive ego

Well, appears we may have missed out on who we want...
What's left?

"Topliners": Hodgko? Sandow?
Arrgh!!!

Discards: Cornish? Mortimer?
Never seen Cornish play.
Mortimer has been everywhere never made it. Have seen him play some good games.
Should be affordable. We could do worse. At least he has experience. If he doesn't cut it he would be a good backup.

Lyon has the class , composure & kicking game to wear the 6.
Its really a case of who plays 7.
The best options depending on what we want, are Albert Kelly who would compliment as the unpredictable 7 or Carney who is great at creating opportunities though needs to be on a leash off the field.
Apart from as mentioned above is young Hasting who can play & would be in most run on sides in the NRL outside Roosters & maybe jump at that chance.
Pommy Myler is a maybe & has that unstructured attack we sometimes lack here - not such a bad thing.
Really believe 1 new half will do for 2016 with the fact we have players in the squad who can hold there own, including some young Seaeagle guns who are only 1-2 years away from everyone saying "where did they come from - theres life after DCE & Foz"
Dont pay overs for rubbish, that are in fact - not as good as we already have in our own backyard.....
My biggest fear is waking up to Fox Sport - "Manly sign Hodgkinson for $850,000 a year!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8