Hard To Believe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Even the WA government realise they are a breed that benefit from being put out of their misery.

This experiment has gone on way too long. Kick them out.

I can fix all of this.

The South Australian Sharks. Based out of Adelaide.

The Western Tigers. Based out of Perth.

Two financially stricken clubs now fully supported and funded by the NRL just like Melbourne.

Now we would truly have a National Rugby League competition not just an East-Coast comp. :)

Any team that has "roll out the barrells" for thier team song for 50 years deserves to have no success for another 50.

Loved beating them in 73 but loved it even more fronting up on the tuesday replay in 78 playing our 6th game in 3 weeks when no one thought we could win.Max the bomb thrower is a legend.Got my old Guensey signed by Max and his wife.

For those not there,the Mighty Wombat ran straight over Steve Rogers who was carrried off and then scores a try a goal and a feild goal that was for some time (Might still be) a record.

Sharks to be gummy's for ever,and before i get carried away from the thread-Yes Sharp is a tool but a blunt one
Go manly

Chip and Chase said:
If your mate is a smart punter I doubt he is backing the Sharks finishing with the spoon unless he is taking a punt on some ASADA fallout. At full strength there is no way they get the spoon, even if I was coaching them.

I notice in today's paper the Sharks are now $3 favourites for the spoon. My mate, mentioned above, had $250 on them at $26 just 3 weeks ago to win the least number of games.

I guess that's why he has been a pro punter from ages 17 to 52. Dare I be so rude to suggest when it comes to footy and gambling he might be a fair bit smarter than most. I am sure @"Chip and Chase" would agree.

Chip and Chase said:
If your mate is a smart punter I doubt he is backing the Sharks finishing with the spoon unless he is taking a punt on some ASADA fallout. At full strength there is no way they get the spoon, even if I was coaching them.

I notice in today's paper the Sharks are now $3 favourites for the spoon. He had $250 on them at $26 just 3 weeks ago to win the least number of games.

I guess that's why he has been a pro punter from ages 17 to 52. Dare I be so rude to suggest when it comes to footy and gambling he might be a fair bit smarter than most. I am sure Chip and Chase would agree.

BD good on him for putting his money where his mouth is. He might like the odds, I don't. Not even pro punters get it right every time, as much as they would like you to believe. They just get it right more often than the rest of the mugs. If he was really good he'd already be retired.

Still a long way to go this season though. I've book marked this thread and if I remember I'll quite happily resurrect it win, lose or draw.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cronulla-captain-paul-gallen-admits-coach-shane-flanagans-absence-is-hurting-the-sharks-20140401-zqpc3.html

Cronulla players are lacking intensity in the absence of regular coach Shane Flanagan, says skipper Paul Gallen as the Sharks face a deepening injury crisis.

Gallen went as far as to compare the situation where Peter Sharp has begrudgingly accepted the interim coaching position with that of a relief teacher taking charge of a classroom.

“It’s like the relief teacher at school – no matter how much you tell the kids to be good, they are always going to relax and muck up a little bit,” Gallen said. “Unfortunately I think that’s happened. As a senior player and a couple of other senior players we need to take a big look at ourselves and start ripping in.

Looks like a good bet :)

Lol at Peter Sharp at the press conference.

Here's a hint Pete you are the problem, you absolute goose.

How bad are the Warriors going then if this rabble can put 30 on them. Maybe they should be the bet for the spoon ?

I think when Gallen comes back they will stiffen up somewhat, on and off the field. Maybe too late by then.

Here's another bet to consider, will Sharp last the season ??

Go manly said:
Any team that has "roll out the barrells" for thier team song for 50 years deserves to have no success for another 50.

Loved beating them in 73 but loved it even more fronting up on the tuesday replay in 78 playing our 6th game in 3 weeks when no one thought we could win.Max the bomb thrower is a legend.Got my old Guensey signed by Max and his wife.

For those not there,the Mighty Wombat ran straight over Steve Rogers who was carrried off and then scores a try a goal and a feild goal that was for some time (Might still be) a record.

Sharks to be gummy's for ever,and before i get carried away from the thread-Yes Sharp is a tool but a blunt one
Go manly
Good one, GM. I went to the '78 GF replay.
It was on the following Tuesday I thought.
I wore the "white" Manly jersey. Good days.

Replay was definitely on a Tuesday. Watched it from the MA Noble Stand. Was 23 at the time. I think they played it on the Tuesday because there was a Kangaroo Tour beckoning. What great memories

Sheridan stand 78 huh. I was in Sheridan stand 83 for the semi (awesome) and gf (trauma). No relation 78?

I was only 13 at the time. Had to be content with listening to Frank Hyde call the game.

I don't even think it was live on tv. But I may be wrong.

Yeah @simon64 pretty sure it wasn't live on telly......I was 11 and distinctly remember smuggling a small transistor radio into class, then hurrying home to listen to the end...on a Tuesday arvo...
I was mesmerized by that finals run. Don't believe we'll ever see the likes of it again.

Not quite those lofty standards today, the Gummies barely a shadow of their occasionally great sides...and at least we got the win.

Lol Peter Sharp.

Lol Blake Ayshford

Lol Bryce Gibbs.

Get Carney back on the drink Pete, he plays better when drunk and stoned.

Canberra are the only danger to your mate collecting his cash it seems.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6