Has Nella earned a spell this week?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

double hoops

First Grader
Nella is in career best form.

So why we should give him a spell this week?

1. because we can this week!

AOA back refreshed and ready to dominate. Lodge looked great for a first run, but he needs the match fitness more. Brown back fresh and ready to go and will want to personally destroy Brad Arthurs men. Bull needs a run more, his speed around the ruck changed the game and he ultimately won us that match with his try. Reward it with more minutes.

And for good measure even Woodsy showed at Prop for short stints he can hold his own, and do enough not to be out of place to give a mate a rest even if one of above is out.

2. That kind of depth is wasted if you don't use it.

3. Nella we need him fresh and firing for the 4 that follow. Raiders, Dolphins, Broncos, Storm.

4. He could have lot of footy coming up, including Blues jersey yet.

Last edited:
What are you creating here feathered friend a Custard Culture ?
After 7 games and we are giving players a break ?

Try telling this to our Benchmark Premiership Winning Resilient 1978 Manly team that played 6 games in 24 days

Tough times make tough Manly premiership winning players
1713751232907.png

What are you creating here feathered friend a Custard Culture ?
After 7 games and we are giving players a break ?

Try telling this to our Benchmark Premiership Winning Resilient 1978 Manly team that played 6 games in 24 days

Tough times make tough Manly premiership winning players
View attachment 26754
Same logic. But different way of getting there.

Play the long game.

Consider it a competitive advantage.

As we want the win when it matters.

Same logic. But different way of getting there.

Play the long game.

Consider it a competitive advantage.

As we want the win when it matters.
Thank you for your reply feathered friend
We all see things from a different perspective

I believe our resilience is derived from the School of Hard Knocks
We will agree to disagree

Resilient 4 time premiership winner Terry Rendall
Always busted his balls on the field
But was Never Broken
1713752467598.png

No way.

One of the reasons we almost lost to the Titans was the lack of depth in the middle. Seibs had to completely alter his use of the bench and we struggled to control the ruck.

If we're any chance of holding a big Eels pack, we need all hands on deck. As Bozo suggests, it's round 7. If the guy needs a rest already, he should be playing reserve grade.

I don’t believe he should be rested but I did notice at the ground on Saturday that he was always the last back into the attacking line after the Titans kicked down field.Even after the Titans first set,he laboured back into the line.I suspect the Warriors GP game took a lot out of the forwards,not just Paseka,as a few players lumbered back at times

That bogus Aloiai suspension very nearly cost us on the weekend. When you have Lodge playing over 40 minutes first game back after 9 months on the sidelines, Woods slowly trundling around out there for nearly half an hour of the game and a bench player not even used, of course the middles are going to be gassed

With Oshay and Brown back this week we can piss off Woods AND use the full bench. No reason for anyone to be rested this early in the year, would only be doing that if we are at the end of the season and have a position locked up (which is also very unlikely to happen)

Just to add to the mix.
In each of his last two games Warriors and Titans games. Pretty sure Nella amassed all of 2 hit ups during his first stint. His work rate in the second is fine. Seems to be saving himself with carrys for the back end.

Just to add to the mix.
In each of his last two games Warriors and Titans games. Pretty sure Nella amassed all of 2 hit ups during his first stint. His work rate in the second is fine. Seems to be saving himself with carrys for the back end.

If thats the case, it sounds more like a coaching decision to me.

Paseka was hit with a cannonball tackle that hurt his left leg.
His right knee was already strapped up so maybe he’ll need a rest.
Of course we didn’t receive a penalty for the tackle but the player was put on report.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8