Has the DCE deal got us in a hole for 10 years?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Just wondering, if it is the case that DCE is a divisive figure within the team, and given that his game is so rocks and diamonds, has this 10 year contract signalled our death knell?

From my understanding, it's a percentage of the cap, so there won't be any more space for the entire period. If we wanted to move him to another club, does that mean we'd have to pay a percentage of his contract for the entire period?
And, if he were to retire or have a career ending injury, would we still be hamstrung for such a massive percentage of the cap for the duration?
Pondering, 'cause I don't want to think about the game.

His pay goes up as the cap goes up, he was on 1.3 the last 2 years, the cap has risen to 9 million so he would be closer to now 1.6

DCE
.....There are faults all over the park ATM. Biggest concern to me is DCE lack of ability to do anything constructive . No set up plays. No repeat sets. No quick hands to promote ball movement. No organization ...
Oh wait he has a great ability to piss off players. This man has single handedly implodes our club. Broke the playing group in the past and now. All he does is smile for the camera and talk like he is a lawyer. Win or loose he is always smiling . I guess he get paid $15k either way

He's not the reason we're such a **** team IMO. Croker isn't the right half for Cherry and the team aren't playing with conviction.

I don't know what it is but we can't be using errors and penalties as an excuse anymore. They need to be rooted out because they are the explicit reason we're losing. There might be a reason behind it but I don't ****ing care. It needs to change.

His disgraceful contract will go down as Manlys biggest ever fuc$ up. Won’t win another premiership with him soaking up so much money and playing like a busted arse.

I’m telling you our problems stem from this guy! Has anyone ever seen a Manly captain that devides so many manly fans?

He’s a 6 and not worth over 600 000 tops...

His disgraceful contract will go down as Manlys biggest ever fuc$ up. Won’t win another premiership with him soaking up so much money and playing like a busted arse.

I’m telling you our problems stem from this guy! Has anyone ever seen a Manly captain that devides so many manly fans?

He’s a 6 and not worth over 600 000 tops...
In your opinion.

It’s not his full. The issue Stem a lot higher up than DCE

True enough. But the fact remains that we are paying $10 million over 8 years for a halfback who is one dimensional in attack. If he doesn't have an organising 5/8 next to him then he is next to useless.

He’s an easy scape goat because the media loves to stick it in him any chance it gets. His worst crime is not having a 6 in place that aides his style and trying too hard when it’s going to ****.

Kicking the ball out off kick offs has nothing to do with a 5/8 nor do the dumb penalties, sure he needs a better 5/8 but he needs some composure and some kind of leadership abilities just as badly, there is no excuse for the multiple bad defensive reads today either.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10