Hayne Plane Grounded?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Brett was never charged, and SeaEagle Rock I would say obviously you have lived in a perfect world where nothing bad happens. So you are saying "the young lady left herself open to what happened?". I have seen similar instances first hand and it's not alright. Ever! So if you want to get it on, bring it on! This simply a case of a wombat thinking he is a god and everyone has to bend over for him.

And I am sure if it was your daughter / if you had a daughter, you would be on my side of the fence.
What on earth are you saying, "Brett was never charged"?
Try googling it.
He was charged and was dragged through the court system for many months, and then stood trial.

And was then acquitted in double-quick time because the case against him was totally unconvincing.

As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what the allegation is, and you are right, if someone I knew and trusted made an allegation - any allegation - of course I would believe them.

But I don't know any of the people in this case and I certainly don't know what the evidence is.

When serious allegations are made against people and police lay charges, then (unless the accused pleads guilty) the evidence has to be tested in court and the prosecution has to prove their case. Beyond reasonable doubt.
Heaven help any accused if you ever end up on a jury.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Brett was charged mate. He then went to trial and was found not guilty. With that in mind I think it’s best to let this run it’s course.

Snake was charged with sexual assault, specifically digital (fingers) penetration.

Though as we all know it was a totally bogus attempt by the girl and her father to get easy money from a high profile sportsman. The jury saw it that way also. Unfortunately though the damage to Snake's reputation was done because even now there are some who still call him a rapist despite that he was completely innocent.

As for Hayne, while I am not a fan of his I'd much rather wait until the outcome of any court case before declaring him innocent or guilty.

Kevinward777

First Grader
What on earth are you saying, "Brett was never charged"?
Try googling it.
He was charged and was dragged through the court system for many months, and then stood trial.

And was then acquitted in double-quick time because the case against him was totally unconvincing.

As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what the allegation is, and you are right, if someone I knew and trusted made an allegation - any allegation - of course I would believe them.

But I don't know any of the people in this case and I certainly don't know what the evidence is.

When serious allegations are made against people and police lay charges, then (unless the accused pleads guilty) the evidence has to be tested in court and the prosecution has to prove their case. Beyond reasonable doubt.
Heaven help any accused if you ever end up on a jury.
Yeah... well said. There is no way for anyone to know what has happened here without being close to either the alleged victim or Jarryd Hayne. I don’t know anyone on here who would advocate violence towards women, but you can’t hang someone until they’ve had their day in court.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
I have been on a jury in a sexual assault case.
One full week.
Number of charges.
We the jury couldn't find guilty on about 4 of 5 charges but wanted to on one.
But because we couldn't prove witnesses were telling fibs it was a no go.
Anyway a bloody mind bending experience.
I dressed like a drug dealer so I wasn't selected but was anyway...

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I have been on a jury in a sexual assault case.
One full week.
Number of charges.
We the jury couldn't find guilty on about 4 of 5 charges but wanted to on one.
But because we couldn't prove witnesses were telling fibs it was a no go.
Anyway a bloody mind bending experience.
I dressed like a drug dealer so I wasn't selected but was anyway...

And just how do you dress like a drug dealer?

Class of 96

Bencher
Hat, leather, fur, cane, elevator shoes.

C39D5683-7B47-43F8-A309-D3AB13C2DF4C.jpeg

Shoe1

Journey Man
I always wonder why these women make complaints of this nature to the NRL instead of going to the Police. That's never a good sign for me, why would you complain to someones employer instead of going directly to the Cops.
She probably heard how effective the integrity commission is. They are Australia’s FBI.

Shoe1

Journey Man
It’s like ncis - on the tv show they have jurisdiction over the us navy.

The integrity commission has jurisdiction over league players.

Greenberg and Abby are testing dna samples right now, overseen by Schubert and Jason king.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Let’s not convict anyone before the facts are known and proven by a court.

Everyone deserves that right.

I’m no fan of the person but let’s just wait and see.

Funny how we've all seen how the Brett Stewart thing played out and were outraged yet many here have cooked Hayne before any real detail, other than what's been reported in highly credible and trustworthy media (cough) has come to light.

In todays environment he was always going to be charged with a view to a court sorting it out.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
And just how do you dress like a drug dealer?
Well if I recall, the instructions were to dress smart.
I turned up in Dunlop volleys, my oldest jeans, T-shirt and a flanno.
That was my take on how the local ones dressed anyway.
Apparently I was wrong and it was just how I dress.
Anyway I was selected and that was that.
That was 11 years ago so I guess I'm back in the selection criteria.
Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13