Hayne Train turnstile!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just hope they continue the Hayne 5/8 experiment for the rest of the season, or at least the rest of the week. Then Manly will get another opportunity for a carve up and go a long way to consolidating 2nd place. Parra have nothing to lose, there is no point giving him a run in the halves a couple of times a year as an experiment and then giving up. They need to give him the rest of the year, if they get flogged they lose nothing but Hayne gets some experience. Better now than trying again next season when winning actually matters.

MadMarcus said:
MK Eagle said:
No doubt a talent in attack but still lazy & poor in defence. Ben Smith is probably a better defensive player in the front line than Hayne & you call him crap??
Ok lets put Hayne into the Manly team -
Fullback - No thanks, i keep Snake
Wing - ??? i would but plenty on here would not - who out???
Centre - Lyon & Matai - no contest - leave this structure.
5/8 - Foran by a mile & 1/2
half - No thanks.

That's why he still plays for the feeder club!

Ummmm the thread was based on Haynes defence & attitude - do you think he would be in the top grade based on his defence.......me neither
No doubt he has natural attacking ability up with the best - still a turnstile..

I'd have him at Manly, our cup side needs a reserve who can fill several positions.

MK Eagle said:
MadMarcus said:
MK Eagle said:
No doubt a talent in attack but still lazy & poor in defence. Ben Smith is probably a better defensive player in the front line than Hayne & you call him crap??
half - No thanks.

Ummmm the thread was based on Haynes defence & attitude - do you think he would be in the top grade based on his defence.......me neither
No doubt he has natural attacking ability up with the best - still a turnstile..

It wasn't so long ago that people were saying Matai would never be up to NRL standard defensively either though

Kiwi Eagle said:
MK Eagle said:
MadMarcus said:
MK Eagle said:
half - No thanks.

It wasn't so long ago that people were saying Matai would never be up to NRL standard defensively either though
You must be stitching me up here Kiwi - Matai has been 1 of the most feared defenders in the NRL for a long time. Hayne will 1st have to improve his attitude - the main defensive ingredient. I think Cameron Smith, Dean Young & Groth Jnr would disagree with you about Matai..

I agree with you about Matai's defence, don't get me wrong

However when he 1st came into 1st grade, Many thought he was attrocious and would never be an NRL class player, especially with the running up out of the line to make a big hit

I will admit to not casting a close eye over the match last night, but in the games I have seen of Hayne at 5/8, he has put a few good shots on people. Obviously room for improvement but any coach in the world would like to have him in the squad to work with

Kiwi, the difference between Hayne and Matai is that Matai learns, Hayne doesn't. With Steve, I don't see the silly run-out-of-the line as he did in past years that used to see players glide past him or leave him stranded. He has learnt when to come out and when to stay back. And he was alwasy a very good attacking player. He doesn't shirk or hide when the tough stuff is called for. Hayne is being shifted around because he just can't develop as a player in any position. I think he's to much of a prima-donna to accept coaching. He sees himself as an attacking player and not the sort that should dirty himself with the hard stuff of defending. He goes missing way to much for mine.

DSM5 said:
Kiwi, the difference between Hayne and Matai is that Matai learns, Hayne doesn't. With Steve, I don't see the silly run-out-of-the line as he did in past years that used to see players glide past him or leave him stranded. He has learnt when to come out and when to stay back.

Did you see the Roosters last try on Sunday?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6