Headache - 1 to 7 Fully Fit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For mine, this is the pecking order (of those likely to play unless there is an injury crisis) for each position when everyone is fit and available (note that some will be named in more than one position).

FULLBACK
Tom Trbojevic > Brendan Elliot > Reuben Garrick

WING
Jorge Taufua > Reuben Garrick > Brendan Elliot > Moses Suli > Abbas Miski

CENTRE
Dylan Walker > Brad Parker > Brendan Elliot > Moses Suli > Reuben Garrick > Jack Gosiewski

FIVE-EIGHTH
Kane Elgey > Lachlan Croker > Cade Cust > Trent Hodkinson > Dylan Walker

HALFBACK
Daly Cherry-Evans > Kane Elgey > Lachlan Croker > Cade Cust > Trent Hodkinson

PROP
Martin Taupau > Addin Fonua-Blake > Corey Waddell > Morgan Boyle > Taniela Paseka > Lloyd Perrett > Toafofoa Sipley*

HOOKER
Api Koroisau > Manase Fainu > Cade Cust > Trent Hodkinson

SECOND ROW
Joel Thompson > Curtis Sironen > Jack Gosiewski > Corel Waddell

LOCK
Jake Trbojevic > Jack Gosiewski > Corey Waddell > Morgan Boyle

So, from that my full team would be:

Tom Trbojevic
Jorge Taufua
Dylan Walker
Brad Parker
Reuben Garrick
Kane Elgey
Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
Addin Fonua-Blake
Api Koroisau
Martin Taupau
Joel Thompson
Curtis Sironen
Jake Trbojevic (vc)

Manase Fainu
Jack Gosiewski
Corey Waddell
Morgan Boyle

And the hard part is that with the way they have been playing, those like Brendan Elliot, Moses Suli, Lachlan Croker and Cade Cust don't deserve to miss out. But, in a full strength Manly side they probably would.

Last edited:
Garrick has to take over goal kicking you'd think, I feel he going better than DCE

Before his injury, Cherry had kicked 21 / 26 at 80.77% this season.

Reuben Garrick has kicked 12 / 15 at 80%.

Statistically there is really only a poofteenth between them so far this year. But TBH, I kinda feel more confident when Garrick is kicking from out wide than I do when its Cherry. DCE can be very hit and miss from anywhere within about 10-15 metres of the sideline. He's deadly accurate anywhere else though.

You know, when DCE first played in 2011 he was handed the goal kicking largely because of his reputation in our U/20's and for the Sunshine Coast as an 80-90% goal kicker, and because Killer was always a reluctant kicker anyway so he was glad to let Cherry have the job. But I think with it being his rookie year and having to come in and play halfback in what really was a team of superstars, it affected his kicking which was just added pressure he probably didn't need, hence he only kicked 25 / 40 at 62.5% before handing the tee back to Killer. Now that he's the team leader, basically the elder statesman of Manly, he's a lot better at handling the pressure which is why in the last 3 years when he's taken on the goal kicking, he's doing it at a much better high 70s to low 80s percentage.

Its a pity in a way that he lost some of his goal kicking confidence early in his career. Killer would have been more than happy until the day he retired for Cherry to have been the kicker and I think that if he had been, by now he could have been among the highest point scorers in the game and even challenged Graham Eadie's club record of 1,917 points by the end of his career.

Last edited:

Statistically there is really only a poofteenth between them so far this year. But TBH, I kinda feel more confident when Garrick is kicking from out wide than I do when its Cherry. DCE can be very hit and miss from anywhere within about 10-15 metres of the sideline. He's deadly accurate anywhere else though.

You know, when DCE first played in 2011 he was handed the goal kicking largely because of his reputation in our U/20's and for the Sunshine Coast as an 80-90% goal kicker, and because Killer was always a reluctant kicker anyway so he was glad to let Cherry have the job. But I think with it being his rookie year and having to come in and play halfback in what really was a team of superstars, it affected his kicking which was just added pressure he probably didn't need, hence he only kicked 25 / 40 at 62.5% before handing the tee back to Killer. Now that he's the team leader, basically the elder statesman of Manly, he's a lot better at handling the pressure which is why in the last 3 years when he's taken on the goal kicking, he's doing it at a much better high 70s to low 80s percentage.

Its a pity in a way that he lost some of his goal kicking confidence early in his career. Killer would have been more than happy until the day he retired for Cherry to have been the kicker and I think that if he had been, by now he could have been among the highest point scorers in the game and even challenged Graham Eadie's club record of 1,917 points by the end of his career.
I have been hugely impressed with DCEs goal kicking last 12 months yet Garrick hit the ball SWEET yesterday (and on some big kicks in a tight game too)...
another nice first-world-problem to have...

You are on the ball feathered friend . Good job !!!

Never thought I’d say this but Parker keeps his left centre spot. What Des has done with this kid is remarkable. His game against Bogans last year was that of a man totally bereft of confidence.and his efforts on the wing had been generally very poor.Des works a players skills and mind. It’s remarkable.

I love Jorge but I think he may be fighting for a spot with Suli if Suli can play on the left. Once again Des has worked wonders with Suli and his runs in the previous couple of games were devastating. That means Elliot misses which is crazy given his form I know but shows how good a shape we are in.

I’d have Croker over Elgey just with Cust a Smokey who wont let you down. A starter in NRL soon.

We have some real selection dilemmas now which is only a good thing imo. To think we would be in this position at the start of the year defies belief. The way Des has this side operating is at another level confidence wise and if someone goes down injured another will step up. Great team culture Des has instilled in this group. If the wins keep up and we make the 8 and have a real dig, it will be one of the great nrl underdog stories.

• 🏆
Reactions: Sue
Good backline Ryan and that should be it . We are in a really great position at the moment having these selection headaches and the likes of Cust , Elliot etc will slot straight in come origin time without any dramas. We are under the radar and will put the fear of God into sides come September. Myself I think we will finish in the 4 as we have our Manly team back .

for mine, fully fit and switched on, Suli has to be in the backline. Although there are 3 or 4 safer options amongst the current bunch, i don't know if anyone is creating as many opportunities in attack.

I don’t really care too much who plays where, I’d just like to be in the position where we have a fully fit complement to choose from. Impossible with Tof sidelined for the year but otherwise how awesome would that be!

Doubt we ever have everyone available but with Ryan's listed backline Imagine the Blacktown lineup

1.Elliott
2.Miski
3.Suli
4.Funa/Smalley/Aukafolau/Smith/Kioa
5.Anderson
6.Croker
7.Cust

14.Hodko

I know its only half a years contract so not super critical but should be seeing if Hodko can get a super league gig etc before June 30

On paper it might be a headache choosing who to drop, however when was the last time we fielded a full squad?. Its been a blessing in disguise to have our top players out giving opportunity to kids to show their ability under good coaching. I think most of these guys will get plenty of game time this year, and we are now pretty comfortable knowing that we are covering all angles. Imagine if you said to Elliot before round 1- how much would you pay to take TTs fullback spot for half the year?

I agree. Elliott can also be backup fullback if TT goes down in a game. He's been one of the most consistent and puts body on the line.
Jorge, I love him, but jeez he can turn like the Titanic sometimes.

I'm happy to have one winger than might now be the fastest but can take good hitups and be very good from 5m out to score, and for that reason I keep Jorgey in the team.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8