• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
100% this is our best chance! Beat Storm wk 1 and it really sets up a favourable draw
I really hope the storm win their next 2, for mine they are due a loss and after having been up for the last 20 weeks, there last 3 games haven’t been all that impressive, there Rd 20 win over the panthers 37-10 seemed to flatten them a little, as they only managed to beat us by 10 in a game we could of really beaten them, the following week they only did enough to beat the raiders by 10 and weren’t convincing winners, then the Titans by 6 in an uncharacteristically poor defensive game by their standards, I hope Parra is up and takes a really physical approach into tonight’s game but doesn’t come away with the win, then they should roll the sharks in Rd 25.

Week 1 we come off 2 relatively easy games and hopefully there run of 21 straight has taken its toll we can take advantage, get the win and the week off, this is a very real possibility for mine and the best outcome for us moving forward.

With the Roosters' loss it's our Top 4 to lose from here.
No good reason why the Storm shouldn't beat the Eels.
No good reason why we shouldn't flog the two teams 15th and 16th on the ladder.

Not keen on resting players for the sake of it. If needed I would rather they play limited minutes instead and come off early once the games are won.

Well the equation is simple win the next 2 and we are 4th
Lose one and I think we finish 5th.

We could play Penrith if storm lose Panthers and us win next week.

Would be
Panthers vs manly
Storm vs souths

Week 1 finals.

We just need to win next week by any margin

We could play Penrith if storm lose Panthers and us win next week.

Would be
Panthers vs manly
Storm vs souths

Week 1 finals.

We just need to win next week by any margin
We rather Melbourne tbh. Best scenario for us is if roosters and eels lose first, so we can chuck like 2 players from our reserves to rest Tom and maybe Chez because we will have 4th wrapped. And then Melbourne get a ugly win against cronulla and finish 1st so we can have them week 1.

Was reading some stats of Team positions versus Grand final wins and there are some interesting results
Going back to the last century (I just like saying that), the last 23 Grand finals have been won by the top 4, the most from the minor Premiership but unusually the next best is either second or third spot. It goes like this
1st 8/23 34.8%
2nd 6/23 26.1%
3rd 6/23 26.1%
4th 3/23 13.0%

So although we have the lowest chance statistically its been done three times before in the modern game. But I prefer to think that according to Sportsbet we are backed into third. So that doubles our chances.

It is interesting that the points differential aligns very closely with the ladder, particularly with the top 8. Only the Knights look out of place based on the p/d.

Better than the 1980s when 4th or 5th got you a sudden death semi final and zero real chance of reaching the grand final.

Getting interesting. If Melbourne lay day against the Wobbies, it indicates they are happy to cede 1st place to Penrith, avoiding Manly. That puts us against against Penrith, which I think will be harder than playing Storm. I wonder if 5th is better, towel up the Sharks, and then play either Easts or South’s. We then cross to the Storm side in the qualifier.

Getting interesting. If Melbourne lay day against the Wobbies, it indicates they are happy to cede 1st place to Penrith, avoiding Manly. That puts us against against Penrith, which I think will be harder than playing Storm. I wonder if 5th is better, towel up the Sharks, and then play either Easts or South’s. We then cross to the Storm side in the qualifier.
Yeah Co96, it's a real teaser isn't it. You make a good point though about Melb, Bellamy knows we have the x factor to beat them. They had so much possession, yet couldn't put us away. I hope you're wrong and Bellamy doesn't throw the game. I really like our chances against them, Penrith not so much.

Check the post by @QLDSeaeagle before wishing for 5th!

Gonna be focused and hungry for a top 4 spot with a full-strength side, might've been helpful that roosters won. Gives a huge purpose to the game that will test whether the boys can dust off the complacency and if we do deserve a top 4 spot. Huge must-win game to build some momentum off with just more added stress for me who's going to watch sweating hoping we not only win but come out fully unscathed. :, )

Gonna be focused and hungry for a top 4 spot with a full-strength side, might've been helpful that roosters won. Gives a huge purpose to the game that will test whether the boys can dust off the complacency and if we do deserve a top 4 spot. Huge must-win game to build some momentum off with just more added stress for me who's going to watch sweating hoping we not only win but come out fully unscathed. :, )
May well be the best outcome , we now have a real purpose in this game.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8