here we go again-Dogs chasing DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
joeboy said:
Hopefully Vessa wants to stick around manly and hence daly does too.. I think our big contracts run out just when the next round of upgrades are due..

I'd happily lose someone like gift in the twilight of his career to keep cherry..

If it came down to keeping Daly or any of the current roster, I'd have to choose DCE. He really is that important to the team. He will become a legend of league one day. I hope he stays here for his entire career.

If Hasler doesn't pull out a few miracles this year, I doubt the Scumdogs will look to extend his contract.

And judging by their roster, I'd say they will probably finish about 8th. Nowhere near good enough and the fans will be throwing kebabs at him before long.

As for DCE going, I don't think Daly is anywhere near that foolish. He knows the team he's a part of has played a big part in his ever increasing representative profile.

LIke nearly everyone else who leaves Manly, continued major success eludes them and so it will be for Des. I happen to think it's a curse on anyone who leaves us, I think Arko is responsible for the curse when Bozo left. The jury is still out on how successful JWH's career will be.

I think Des Hasler is a good coach and was a good man for our club. But now he is at the dogs and tried to destroy manly like he did I hope he fails miserably.

But in professional rugby league the 'at the end of the day it's a business' tag is thrown about and mist of these blokes are in the NRL not their club mindframe. If anyone stays for less cash it will be Foz. As he has done in the past.

Keep him there for life and let DCE choose.

DCE will always be a target he is the second best half in the game and you can build a team around him without him sprouting semi literate quasi bhuddist proverbs like the coopcronk.

Dreams are like fish people they slip through your hands.

Much like talented halves in the salary cap era.

DCE and Foz at manly for next eight years. G Stewart big pay day couple of years at up and coming club - raiders, panthers, Sunshine Coast Tiger Sharks when Brett retires after 2014 premiership.

You read it here first

Yep echo some of the earlier posts - no shock to think that the guy who will "soon" be one of the 2 or 3 "elite" players of the whole NRL, would attract major interest. And re-enforce that point that many of our top end salary cap $$$$ players will be off contract at same time as DCE so we have the power to retain him if we choose to ( and why wouldn't we pull out all stops ).

As successful as we have been in the last 40 years we have never had a GREAT halfback - several very good ones who gave their all no doubt - but never one with all the tools this bloke has.

I just trust in the old statement that Manly never lose people they want to keep and assume the club realise just how special this bloke is.

lsz said:
Hmmmm
Let's say you were his agent

How to get his price up? How about float the rumour of a deal with the club that manly would hate to lose a star player too (think the fan outburst , discontent at board level)

The only time stories like this will not appear is the day after he signs a new contract...they will start again a year after that

And his agent has a history of doing just that.

I reckon there will be another 14 clubs apart from the Bulldogs having a look at him - a nothing story

Let's look on the bright side. This article could be good thing. Don't want the board dragging on with DCE contract hopefully it speed things up. I hope he re sign but not impressed by his agent and the games he plays. If DCE wants to drag this crap talk out for the next 12 months looking for every last penny. Let's move on. Who would have thought the loss of phil Blake was a good thing except cliff lyons.

The nrl should cap player managers commission at the amount 5%? Of the initial contract. Even if the player gets an upgrade. Once a player is signed then the player manager gets his % every year untill he realises that he can get more cash by shopping his player around and leaking stories about the player being homesick or unhappy. Limit their potential gain and limit their bull**** shenanigans.

bob dylan said:
What the Dogs need to realise is no decent player is interested in going to their team because everything about them is pure s**t.

That's just gold Bob. A great summation. A club built on deceit, lies and a total lack of ethics in any sense. A club built on a pile of **** and growing every day. God I ****ing well hate them.

If he has the same agent as Ben Barba he is as good as gone , sure the dogs are interested - but not as much as the Bronco's

Give the bloke & our club some credit!

He does have a mind of his own, a settled family on the northern beaches & is at a successful club with the best culture in the NRL.

If Manly want him I'm sure he'll stay - and for less money like a lot of our players!

I dont reckon DCE will go to the broncs. I heard from a reliable source at xmas that DCE's mum HATEs the broncos. The source in question is a mad broncos supporter and he looked quite dejected after he quizzed the Cherry-Evans on the rumours :)

Shaka1eye said:
I dont reckon DCE will go to the broncs. I heard from a reliable source at xmas that DCE's mum HATEs the broncos. The source in question is a mad broncos supporter and he looked quite dejected after he quizzed the Cherry-Evans on the rumours :)

The Broncos passed on him when we was a rookie , but his dad and the coach are mates and go back ... sure he is in their sights

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2